Hidden Content
A go-kart that can rocket down the quarter-mile faster than most supercars? Yeah, that's a whole lot of awesome.

When I think karting, I think road courses, cornering, and wheel-to-wheel racing. But not all karts are built to turn. Some are meant to go extremely quick in a straight line.
Take these top-level drag karts, for example. Filmed this past weekend at Santa Pod Raceway in Wellingborough, England, they pair high-revving engines to custom tube-frame chassis, allowing them to run some extremely impressive quarter-mile times. Like any full-size drag car worth its time slips, they have working aerodynamics and sticky, specially-designed tires, too.
A couple of the karts in this video even break the 10-second barrier, with the quickest managing a 9.3-second run at 138 mph. That's faster than pretty much any new supercar around.
I'm not sure how willing I'd be to hop into such a fast vehicle with so little structure around me, but I commend the people that do. It looks like one hell of a time.