Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Word 2013 Header Query

I need some help please with a template

my issue is i need to create a template with a header and footer that can only start off being 1 page with no blank pages below it, but then if the amount of text typed creates a second page it will only have the footer on it and not the header on the second page

i have tried all sorts with the page break option but it keeps putting the header on when the text that's being typed creates the second page

Thanks for looking.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats
    well tell it so
    only add header to page 1
    its nice here....

3. Thanks fergalsworld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Double-click in the page header area of the first page.

Tick the check box "Different first page" in the Options group in the Design tab of the ribbon.

You can now set a header that will apply to the first page only
    its nice here....

5. Thanks fergalsworld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    I tried that and all the information that was in the header and footer disappeared Hidden Content

the way i got round it was to create a new master template from scratch put a header in, tick first page only then copy and paste the information from the original temple into the header on the new template, then do the same for the footer,

It's bit of a ball ache as i have over 105 templates to do so its gonna take a while Hidden Content

Hidden Content Originally Posted by dx100-uk Hidden Content
    Double-click in the page header area of the first page.

Tick the check box "Different first page" in the Options group in the Design tab of the ribbon.

You can now set a header that will apply to the first page only
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

7. Thanks berley thanked for this post