Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Got a PC? Xbox One game streaming launches today!

Windows 10, Microsoft’s big, brash update for desktops and laptops, is out at the end of the month, but some of its most exciting new features are arriving early. Redmond has just given word that game streaming is now live with some handy extra features letting you play your Xbox One even when your TV is in use.

While PS4 owners can stream their games to PS Vita, PlayStation TV and some Xperia Android phones already, we’ve had to wait for similar tech to arrive on the Xbox One. With just over a week to go until the official launch of Windows 10, Microsoft has enabled game streaming, so if you’re running an early build of the new OS, you can now fire up the Xbox app, add your console and start playing games across your Wi-Fi network while someone else hogs the big screen downstairs - though you’ll need an Xbox One controller or wired Xbox 360 pad plugged into your PC or tablet still.

Microsoft has also announced several new features for its Windows 10 Xbox app including Party Chat so that Xbox One gamers and those using the Xbox One app on Windows can chat together while they play, and a My Games folder that pulls in data for both Windows Store and non-Windows Store games, which means your older titles will appear in your library too. You can see the full list here.

The announcement also means every current generation console now allows you to play your games away from the TV, either on other computers or handhelds, or via the gamepad. It’s also possible to stream your PC games to another device too - be sure to check our Hidden Content to find out how.
    Hidden Content
    Last edited by alanjg007; 22-07-2015 at 08:05 AM. Reason: add link for tutorial
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru