Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Soundbar advice

Post Thanks
    Chats

Soundbar advice

Hello, what do you guys think of this? Its at the price level i'm happy with.

Hidden Content

The HTL2163B SoundBar has been designed by Philips to deliver a deep, faithful, room-filling sound that will enrich your home entertainment experience.

The 120-watt SoundBar has an elegant low-rise profile that blends seamlessly into any home d?cor. No need to purchase extra speakers, the virtual surround sound uses spatial algorithms to deliver the same sonic characteristics that occur when using 5.1 Dolby? Digital Surround Sound. Furthermore, you can enjoy an immersive experience with the external subwoofer, delivering thunderous explosions and warm deep bass.

With Bluetooth? connectivity, you can connect and stream audio from all compatible devices without the inconvenience of cables. The Philips HTL2163B is compatible with TVs, BD/DVD players, gaming consoles, MP3 players and many other audio entertainment devices. The HTL2163B also supports USB connectivity, so you can enjoy content straight from your USB device with seamless playback through the soundbar's high quality speakers. With the line and auxiliary inputs, you can enjoy your favourite music with a single cable, using your iPod, iPhone or any other music player.

I'm not allowed a full 5,1 system due to all the wires so a soundbar will have to do.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Sounds good for ?99

But I would say its down to the size of the room it will be playing in .... as 125watts is not as loud as you might think when playing movies ....but if you are not one for blowing the roof off your house when the explosions starts I would say it would be ok.
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

3. Thanks alanjg007 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    120w works out as 30 per speaker and 60 for sub. Gotta be better than the tv speakers on a cheap tv! The soundbar will be plugged into a xb1 via optical as i watch tv using that mostly so i'm hoping the dolby/surround sound brings a more immersive sounds than the supplied speakers would. I know it'll never come near 5.1 but i cant have 5.1 as i cant really afford the more expensive wireless 5.1 setup :-(
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

5. Thanks Gazer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    I bought this, and I'm very impressed with it. So far sound is good. Even having Bass at -2 its very bass'y which is a good thing :-). Plenty of connectons and HDMI ARC but my tv does not have it :-(.

Worth the ?99

7. Thanks berley, billy2 thanked for this post
    Likes thelostone liked this post