Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Second-gen models of PS4, Xbox One will support 4K resolution, says Netflix

As they have done in previous generations, Microsoft and Sony are very likely to be designing second-generation models of their Xbox One and PS4 consoles, ones that will be likely slimmer and potentially cheaper.

One feature that we can definitely expect, at least according to Netflix, is 4K resolution support.

Netflix CPO Neil Hunt says that Sony has "promised" 4K support for the upcoming hardware revision and Forbes independently confirmed the Xbox One.

Says Forbes' John Archer, speaking of an elaboration on Hunt's blurb: "Namely that he believes that when both the PS4 and Xbox One consoles do their traditional two-year hardware refresh (which would be due around October or November) they will add the necessary components to deliver 4K video playback."

If accurate, the consoles would most likely have to see some particular hardware and software revisions. HDMI 1.4 ports would likely have to be upgraded to 2.0 (which allows for 4K at 60fps) and HDCP 2.2 protection would have to be included as well.

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

2. Thanks foxtail thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    typical. i adopt early and then this happens :-(
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

4. Likes foxtail liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by thelostone Hidden Content
    As they have done in previous generations, Microsoft and Sony are very likely to be designing second-generation models of their Xbox One and PS4 consoles, ones that will be likely slimmer and potentially cheaper.

One feature that we can definitely expect, at least according to Netflix, is 4K resolution support.

Netflix CPO Neil Hunt says that Sony has "promised" 4K support for the upcoming hardware revision and Forbes independently confirmed the Xbox One.

Says Forbes' John Archer, speaking of an elaboration on Hunt's blurb: "Namely that he believes that when both the PS4 and Xbox One consoles do their traditional two-year hardware refresh (which would be due around October or November) they will add the necessary components to deliver 4K video playback."

If accurate, the consoles would most likely have to see some particular hardware and software revisions. HDMI 1.4 ports would likely have to be upgraded to 2.0 (which allows for 4K at 60fps) and HDCP 2.2 protection would have to be included as well.
    Doesn't that mean having to buy a newer tv as well? I have ps4 but I cant afford to buy a new one and a new tv!

Post Thanks
    Chats
    no m8, just you'll have the capability if you upgrade later.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru