Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: BT buying EE

Post Thanks
    Chats

BT buying EE

BT is to buy EE for a whopping ?12.5 billion. Not only do the figures make the mind boggle, it can feel like the workings on giant companies have little to do with us normal folk. However, there are a few ways this deal could significantly affect you, and for the better.

First, you could be able to get a better deal. Here?s the thing: while these are both telecoms giants, BT isn?t all about mobile. It also deals in landlines, obviously, TV and internet. This means you?ll almost certainly be able to get a sweet package deal when signing up for an EE contract and other services. And over a year or two, those savings can be big.

Then there are free services. Even if you don?t have all of BT?s other services, all EE users will almost certainly get free access to BT Wi-Fi spots, previously known as Openzone. And if you?ve ever checked out your Wi-Fi signal in a town, you?ll know those things are all over the place.

It might seem like this will reduce competition for deals, but with Sky also meant to be working on its own mobile network plans, it might actually get fiercer in the future. It?s just the players that have changed. And the best bit for now is that you won?t have to do anything. Both EE and BT users can carry on as normal without worrying about any services are going to be switched off. EE contracts will just be switched over to the BT name behind the scenes once all the paperwork on this deal is finished.

Hidden Content
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

2. Thanks berley, foxtail thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    I woder if they will now call themselves 'BTEE'?