Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

check your Facebook privacy settings before you die

Facebook on Friday announced a new privacy change that will affect the accounts of users who pass away. Instead of only letting deceased users? friends access their accounts as it did before, Facebook will now keep those accounts? default privacy settings unchanged. In other words, a dead person who had a public profile will have their profile stay public even after death, Facebook revealed.

?Starting today, we will maintain the visibility of a person?s content as-is. This will allow people to see memorialized profiles in a manner consistent with the deceased person?s expectations of privacy,? Facebook wrote. ?We are respecting the choices a person made in life while giving their extended community of family and friends ongoing visibility to the same content they could always see.?

The company revealed that one man?s request to view the ?Look Back? video for his son, who died before Facebook introduced the feature, ?touched the hearts of everyone who heard it, including ours.?

In addition to John Berlin, whose video appeal to Facebook turned viral on YouTube, others have apparently made similar requests.

?Changes like this are part of a larger, ongoing effort to help people when they face difficult challenges like bereavement on Facebook. We will have more to share in the coming months as we continue to think through how best to help people decide how they want to be remembered and what they want to leave behind for loved ones,? Facebook added.

Of course, people who have made their profiles public and who don?t want everyone to have access to their profile after they die might want to change their settings if they know the end is near.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

2. Thanks fergalsworld, berley, Spinifex thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    How will Facebook know if your dead Hidden Content
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

Post Thanks
    Chats
    My dad passsed away in october 2013 and luckily we knew his password so we closed is accounts, the next thing i did was to close his ebay and paypal account, paypal proved difficult to delete as it asked for his 16 digit card number which i didnt have, so deleted that card from his account and then was able to close the account and reason given: deceased!

If facebook had any intelligent techs they would auto delete inactive accounts after X period!!!?????

5. Thanks berley thanked for this post