Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Actor Roger Lloyd-Pack, who played Trigger in Only Fools And Horses, has died aged 69

He was best known for his role in the long-running hit comedy series alongside David Jason as the dopey road-sweeper.

His agent, Maureen Vincent, said he had pancreatic cancer and had "died at home surrounded by his family".

Lloyd-Pack appeared in dozens of films and TV shows including Dr Who, and The Vicar Of Dibley.

His film roles included Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.

Only Fools And Horses is due to return for a special one-off episode for Sport Relief in March.

It is believed the script has been written but it is not known if filming has begun.

The episode was due to feature Lloyd-Pack.

Lloyd-Pack was involved in one of the most memorable and classic scenes from the long-running comedy when he and Del Boy go to a wine bar.

Describing him as a fine actor, Sir David Jason said: "I was very saddened to hear of Roger's passing.

"He was a very quiet, kind and unassuming actor who was a pleasure to work with.

"Although he played the simple soul of Trigger in Only Fools And Horses, he was a very intelligent man and a very fine actor capable of many roles.

"I shall remember him with fondness and for all the good times we had together."

John Challis, best known as Boycie in Only Fools, said: "I spoke to Roger two days ago. Roger said it was a bit awkward to talk at that particular moment.

"It is very sad and very distressing.

"My thoughts are with his family. He was a remarkable man and he'll be missed. Roger is irreplaceable. It's a very sorry day."

Lloyd-Pack was born in 1944 into an acting family in north London, and his father Charles was a regular in Hammer horror films.

The father of four was also a successful stage actor, appearing regularly at Shakespeare's Globe in central London, but acknowledged that he would always be best known as Trigger.

His daughter Emily Lloyd is an actress best known for her appearances in Wish You Were Here, In Country and A River Runs Through It.

The actor, who was fluent in German, Italian, and French, was also politically active and a prominent campaigner for left-wing causes.

An avid supporter of Tottenham Hotspur, he sometimes gave interviews on the touchline at White Hart Lane.

The club tweeted: "We're saddened to learn of the death of Spurs fan Roger Lloyd-Pack. The Club extends our condolences to his friends and family."

Lloyd-Pack's daughter Emily shot to fame in the 1987 film Wish You Were Here before stepping back from the celebrity limelight after struggling with health issues.

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Great actor will be sadly missed and this makes be Hidden Content everytime i see it just for the expressions on Triggers face

RIP Roger
    Hidden Content
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

3. Likes didsss, notanotherone liked this post
    Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    R.I.P trigger

btw classic clip

5. Likes didsss, fergalsworld liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    RIP Trigger
    Welcome to World of Digital

Hidden Content

I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate click below

Hidden Content <<<< Click to Donate.

Post Thanks
    Chats
    My favourite...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

8. Thanks notanotherone thanked for this post
    Likes fergalsworld liked this post