Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Has the PS4 already won the first round of the next gen console war?

Hidden Content

PS4 interest levels beating Xbox One by 2:1 says GameStop.

US retailer GameStop is predicting the ‘largest console launch in history’ this Christmas, as well as far less stock problems than previous generations.

GameStop wouldn’t say exactly how many pre-orders they’ve taken for each console, but they did reveal that their ‘First to Know’ email list has 1.5 members signed up for the PlayStation 4 and only 700,000 for the Xbox One.

Interest doesn’t necessarily translate into purchases but it’s curious that the difference is still so large, despite recent Xbox One U-turns and despite most of GameStop’s stores being in the US – where the Xbox has always fared the best.

Previous, unconfirmed, rumours had suggested the pre-order gap was as much as 4:1 in the immediate aftermath of the Xbox One unveiling but the only thing we know for sure is that PlayStation 4 pre-orders have exceeded 1 million worldwide and that Microsoft won’t say how many it has.

The GameStop figures come from the company’s latest earnings call, in which it reported that sales had fallen over the last three months – which is hardly unexpected given how many gamers are now saving up for a new console.

GameStop execs tried to placate shareholders by say that have much more launch stock for both new consoles than they ever had for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, describing the stock levels as ‘unprecedented’.

Even so, almost nowhere in the UK is still guaranteeing pre-orders for day one and there have been rumours that both consoles could end up being sold out by Christmas.
    PS4 interest levels beating Xbox One by 2:1 says GameStop. Has the PS4 already won the first round of the next gen console war?

US retailer GameStop is predicting the ‘largest console launch in history’ this Christmas, as well as far less stock problems than previous generations.

GameStop wouldn’t say exactly how many pre-orders they’ve taken for each console, but they did reveal that their ‘First to Know’ email list has 1.5 members signed up for the PlayStation 4 and only 700,000 for the Xbox One.

Interest doesn’t necessarily translate into purchases but it’s curious that the difference is still so large, despite recent Xbox One U-turns and despite most of GameStop’s stores being in the US – where the Xbox has always fared the best.

Previous, unconfirmed, rumours had suggested the pre-order gap was as much as 4:1 in the immediate aftermath of the Xbox One unveiling but the only thing we know for sure is that PlayStation 4 pre-orders have exceeded 1 million worldwide and that Microsoft won’t say how many it has.

The GameStop figures come from the company’s latest earnings call, in which it reported that sales had fallen over the last three months – which is hardly unexpected given how many gamers are now saving up for a new console.

GameStop execs tried to placate shareholders by say that have much more launch stock for both new consoles than they ever had for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, describing the stock levels as ‘unprecedented’.

Even so, almost nowhere in the UK is still guaranteeing pre-orders for day one and there have been rumours that both consoles could end up being sold out by Christmas.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

Post Thanks
    Chats

xbox one

i n price as alot to do with it but m going for the xbox one it might be more dear but now u get fifa 14 with it and a Kinect if u work it out u paying about 20 pound more for it and u get kinect

Post Thanks
    Chats

Playystation over Xbox

Sony was clearly in command following E3 when Microsoft announced its strict DRM policy that barred used game sales and required Xbox One consoles to connect to the internet once every 24 hours.

The backlash was immediate. Gamers made it clear that physical copies of games should be theirs to own and resell as before.

Post Thanks
    Chats
    I know this will probably sound bad but it almost looked staged at E3. Please don't get me wrong, I love the Sony consoles & I have nothing against the XBox but the way Sony seemed to counter every one of the XBox's features after their reveal was too.."clean"?

To be fair though the actual footage of games looked far better on the PS4 than the XBox (at least to me) & that's what really counts in my books. I'm already a PS+ subscriber so the "enforced subscription" service was no skin off my nose.

I'm really looking forward to it & don't care if I get one on release, I just want one! Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Which ever console gets hacked first will win the next gen war!

Ps3 lost because it took ages for the hacking scene to look into the system only happened when Sony took away the OS side of the firmware.

Have all the specs been released for these new consoles? Wonder which one will have the best media play back options.

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Also Microsoft shot themselfs in the foot with the "having to have the console connected to the internet to play games"

Funny the way they quickly retracted this function after it was pretty much boycoatted for this reason.

I will more than likey got for the PS4 shame you cannot play direct from disc the ps3 games but I understand the whole Cell B problem with the game designs for the ps3. I think you can purchase ps3 games through the PSN that have been modded for the 86x platform.

Post Thanks
    Chats
    I will definitely be getting an Xbox one at some point. I don't think there's any point in buying a console in the first year though. Give the game makers the time to get the best out of the console and for the price to drop and buy it when the better games come out.

Post Thanks
    Chats

PS4 vs Xbox One

I think it depends on where you live in the world.I think outside North America the PS4 will sell more.Xbox One is more of an entertainment centre than just a games console.In the USA for example it's going to have American Football right's etc.

Now let's be honest who outside the USA care's about American Football.

Also with all the NSA stuff going on,who wants Kinect spying on them.It may not be an issue for the majority,but speaking for myself it would sway me in deciding between the PS4/Xbox One.

All in all,both next gen consoles have almost the same tech so that's not an issue in the decision making.

Also Sony have won the PR battle 100-nil Hidden Content