Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

BSkyB To Buy O2 Home Phone And Broadband

BSkyB is to become the UK's second-largest broadband provider after agreeing a deal to buy rival O2's half a million customer accounts.
    The satellite broadcaster, which is the parent company of Sky News, will pay O2 owner Telefonica ?180m for the O2 and BE consumer broadband and home phone businesses.
    The deal is due to complete by the end of April, subject to regulatory approval.
    Around 3.6 million BSkyB customers currently take the trio of services - TV, broadband and home telephony.
    The company said the acquisition will provide advantages of scale for its home communications business.
    BSkyB chief executive Jeremy Darroch said: "From a standing start in 2006, we have added more than 4.2 million broadband customers.
    "The acquisition of Telefonica's UK consumer broadband and fixed-line telephony business will help us accelerate this growth."
    The company said O2 and BE's broadband customers will be switched to its all-fibre network and that it might also pay up to ?20m to Telefonica UK for the successful completion of the migration process.
    Mobile phone business O2, which has more than 23 million customers in the UK, is expected to subsequently focus on the roll-out of next generation 4G services.
    Telefonica UK chief executive Ronan Dunne added: "We believe this agreement is the best way of helping our customers get the highest quality home broadband experience from a leading organisation in the market."
    The news comes as official figures show that some 33 million adults in Britain logged on daily to the internet in 2012.
    The Office for National Statistics said the number has more than doubled since 2006, when 16 million Britons used daily web services.

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

2. Thanks Gazer, notanotherone, DessertDog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: BSkyB To Buy O2 Home Phone And Broadband

I'm currently with O2 for my broadband (can't fault them). What is Sky like for their reliability and customer services?

Post Thanks
    Chats

I'm with 02 and they are great, no throttling no matter how much I download. My neighbour has sky, pays for a similar package and has terrible speeds and service. Am slightly worried....

Post Thanks
    Chats

I'm interested as I'm an O2 mobile customer. I have a very good deal and just hope they don't start whacking up the prices. We shall see.