Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: draughty upvc

Post Thanks
    Chats

draughty upvc

Hi, has anyone else had the problem of double glazed windows letting in a draught around the frame seals? The opening part, not the glass itself. A couple of ours let in a slight draft and you can hear more outdoor noise through them. Not sure if it would be feasible to try and replace the rubber seals or to try and adjust the hinges to pull in tighter. They are upvc with a scissor type hinge. Definitely out of warranty but not worth replacing completely!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: draughty upvc

Most likely the seals need replacing where the window closes you can pick them up in most DIY stores. always check what sort you need though as you may need to order some.
    Welcome to World of Digital

Hidden Content

I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate click below

Hidden Content <<<< Click to Donate.

Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: draughty upvc

if there is openers trying spraying some WD40 on the hinges or if it arms ,these tend to stick and when your trying to close them the leave a small gap
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats
    I'd replace the seals, if they are out of warranty they will probably be well used (I think most places do a 10 year guarantee, we do on our double glazed units), try asking at a window factory, you might get lucky and get a few metres for free, it's easy to change, just pull the old stuff out then push the new stuff in and cut to length, make sure you put the join at the top.

Have a look at what's in first though, there's different types, some is like a tube, some is just a flap, and there's different shapes.