Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Running an Xbox through a mobile internet connection.

Hey guys, I have been debating whether or not it'd be viable to play over Xbox live through one of these Mobile internet dongles.

I have found a deal I kinda like the sound of, though im not sure about some things I have used Google to answer most of my questions though i am yet to find a definative answer to these:

1. How many gaming hour will 15Gb give me? Just gaming, no downloads.
    2. How will the connection speed effect gameplay? It says up to 7 Mbps, so I approximate 4-5 Mbps, though will that be fast enough to play games like BF3 andBO2?
    3. How do the NAT settings work? I understand Strict can't play with other Stricts, but can opens, etc.. But how will this effect my ability to find games?
    4. I heard the Ping can be through the roof, though other say it's fine. Whats the most likely?

Any answers would be great, thanks!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Running an Xbox through a mobile internet connection.

I haven't this personally so wouldnt consider myself to be a good reference for you but some experience of the dongles for general use and as you said - using google I would suggest the following. Hope you get someone who has tried it and can give you a good answer.

1. How many gaming hour will 15Gb give me? Just gaming, no downloads.
    It would appear to be quite adequate if this information is accurate
    Hidden Content

2. How will the connection speed effect gameplay? It says up to 7 Mbps, so I approximate 4-5 Mbps, though will that be fast enough to play games like BF3 andBO2?
    I dont expect that to be your problem. It's more likely to be the ping rate and reliability of the connection. My experience is that these fluctuate a lot.
    3. How do the NAT settings work? I understand Strict can't play with other Stricts, but can opens, etc.. But how will this effect my ability to find games?
    4. I heard the Ping can be through the roof, though other say it's fine. Whats the most likely?
    I expect the ping rates would be terrible.

3. Thanks GamerFreak79 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Running an Xbox through a mobile internet connection.

Cheers for the reply, especially that link. According to their figures 15Gb should allow me to spend 24 hours a day gaming for the whole month. :P Much, much more than I thought, something in the region of 10-15 hours a week was my first thought. think I might sign up for a cheaper 5Gb 1 month rolling contract and see how it goes.

I was hoping to find some Xbox specific info. All the stuff i have come across relates to PC gaming, so I'm not too sure if those rates will differ much from XBL.