Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Activating Channel problem?

Hi all,i got my channels on my vu solo,but for some reason the channel does not activate itself unitl i press on the channel name,i.e= there is no channel info or signal strength bar,and it also means i would have to press every channel before i know if there active?? any ideas openvix imageHidden Content

Also under tv list i have these folders=current transponder,then all Mr Mister/vix folders 3 of,(services,providers,new) do i just select one to use and do any need removing,thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Activating Channel problem?

You need to install a epg plugin ie: rytec or cross epg then download the epg which needs to be saved onto a usb stick or hard drive internal or external no idea which or if both work with a vu duo someone with one will pop in and help you on this hopefully
    on the second you need to leave them 3 in there
    if you press favourites usually blue you should get a list of bouquets like movies, sport, entertainment, etc thats if you have uploaded a channel list which has been sorted into categories.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks fergal will look into that.
    Got another weird issue,on mtv music channels,any of them that are playing music,adverts etc has no music playing or adverts,but audio from another channel!!

Post Thanks
    Chats

On the channel press the audio button on the remote and choose a different audio stream.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.

5. Thanks olly thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Fergal installed picons think cross epg has gone on to? and also have mr mister settings,but still have to press on channels to activate them,even done restart.cheers vu+ solo

Post Thanks
    Chats

Do you have a hdd or memory stick in it and has it been mounted so you have somewhere to store the epg?
    If you have installed cross epg you need to do something like this
    for dreambox but it should be something similar

Press menu then setup
    * Now goto the bottom to crossEPG
    * Pull down to upgrade rytec providers
    * Now goto Config at top
    * Change the storage device to your HDD just push it to right to change path
    * Schedule time to say 04:00 am then press red for back
    * Now goto XMLTV Providers
    * Push right to skip down to bottom and press green on Rytec UK XML TV then red for back
    * Now go in to Open TV Providers, enable the Sky Uk Open Tv 28.2 then red for back
    * Now skip down to download now and let it down load, takes about 10 to 15 min
    Once thats done, press the bouquet button the remote and press the option at bottom for multi epg for a better view
    D I S C LA I M E R

Im Special
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Follow this tut for epg and use cross epg it's more stable on Vu

Hidden Content

9. Thanks fergalsworld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

It had not downloaded properly from another guide i read,but now have progress bar on download.Have no button for bouquet on my remote i will have a look around for it,in menu,cheers topman...

Post Thanks
    Chats

Its stuck on parsing events,with no loading bar and usb not flashing either? and gone over to radio,if i press button get no entry sign.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Did you mount the usb via the menu option and did you also tell the epg to download to the usb?
    D I S C LA I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

Its mounted in the menu,but not sure about epg as my setup is different,but can i pull the plug as i cannot power down either? sorry guys! learning the wrong way. 2GB usb big enough?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Pull the plug the worse that can happen if it don't reboot is that you will need to flash it again
    you also have to tell the epg to download to the usb and a 2gb stick is ample.
    D I S C LA I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

In epg setting i have epg location=/media/usb/ which i thought was correct. Also does the usb need to be in once picons are loaded as there still on the usb drive??

I also have no storage device config in the section that ureyesonly posted for crossepg...

Post Thanks
    Chats

that is the correct location and the usb has to be plugged in all the time.
    did you actually mount the usb stick in device manager?
    D I S C LA I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

It said it was mounted,just setup mount again and rebooted...in mount manager it says mount:/media/usb device:/dev/sda1

Post Thanks
    Chats

Got it sorted,it was mounted but my settings in crossepg had NO, to alot of the settings,changed them to ureyesonly tut exactly, now channels all working fine with epg,cheers again guys,just what a newbie needs

19. Thanks fergalsworld, Ureyesonly thanked for this post
    Likes cactikid liked this post