Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks
    Chats

info Win7 why did I leave XP behind...

Does anyone have any good win7 tweek guides, Im looking at getting back into my gaming and really could do with finding out how to strip back this OS...
    Ta,

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Win7 why did I leave XP behind...

Hidden Content , it would mean a clean install, but you could takeaway and add stuff to your hearts content!

After working diligently, I have decided to release some of my best work for you; so that you may enjoy Windows 7 with a new appreciation, like me. I sincerely hope that my efforts bring you just as much enjoyment, if not more than they have for me personally. What I am going to provide for you will enable you with the tools to help you create a LITE version of Windows 7. Installing a LITE version of Windows 7, will help you achieve a more COMPACT version of Windows that is still completely functional, remain very stable, perform more efficiently, cut your system's memory usage in half by tweaking services and greatly reduce the hard drive space being used.

This is done by removing packages and components that are built in to Windows 7, in addition to performing system service tweaks. If you DO NOT wish to alter the built in features, modify the functionality or the stability of your Windows 7 Operating System in any way, PLEASE STOP NOW and DO NOT CONTINUE any FURTHER!

By utilizing the attachments on this post you must be aware: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! NOONE on this forum will be held accountable for any data loss, errors or issues that you encounter. If you are concerned about losing data, my suggestion to you is to create an image using software such as Acronis True Image. Also, everything in this guide has to be done by you, the end user; a released image of a LITE install CANNOT be released due to legality. Software activation is also your OWN responsibility, and NOTHING included will activate ANY software.

If you use the materials attached and find that you are struggling or encounter errors, please reply to THIS post with your questions for assistance. My reference to THIS POST, is to eliminate the confusion of new posts on the board and it will also keep everything together for others to benefit the most from your questions as well as solutions that will all be contained within ONE location. Also, if you encounter an error, please refrain from posting an error log within the body field of your reply; instead attach your log. It is extremely frustrating for users when a lengthy error log is displayed within the text causing users to page through multiple pages to follow postings. It will also greatly reduce the time it takes for replies with a solution to be posted for you for this same reason. Feel free to summarize information about the error in your reply. I just ask that you PLEASE refrain from including the actual contents of any Error Logs or vLite Presets inside the reply and attach it to the post instead.

You will see that there are nine attachments included with THIS POST. It will be too difficult to go into great detail about each individual attachment, but I will do my best to provide you with an accurate summary for them. There are a total of six archives; two pdf formatted word documents and one excel spreadsheet in pdf format. The six archives are the compressed files needed to create an install image for a LITE version of Windows 7, for which I will list the contents below in more detail; including a summary of key features that are NOT being removed (components being KEPT). To reduce hard drive space further after installing Windows 7, you can disable the paging file; turn off hibernation support, as well as compress the entire hard disk (including the winsxs folder). There are three archives that are designed for the 32 bit processor architecture and three that are designed for the 64 bit processor architecture.

The two pdf formatted word documents are easy to follow with step by step instructions to help walk you through this enduring process. One is for 32 bit, the other is for 64 bit architecture, depending on which one you choose. An important note regarding architecture: 32 bit can ONLY create a 32 bit install; 64 bit has the capability to EITHER create a 32 or 64 bit. The excel spreadsheet in pdf format, 7packages.pdf; is conveniently color coded and lists all the packages in Windows.

The components being KEPT and NOT being removed are as follows:

7ELITE (32 & 64 BIT)

Accessories (Notepad, Paint, Wordpad)
    Hardware Support (Printer Support, Windows Image Acquisition, WLAN Support)
    Multimedia (Media & Photo Metadata Handlers, Aero Theme, Media Player & Codecs)
    Network (DFS, File & Printer Sharing, Internet Explorer, LLTD, Network & Sharing Center, QoS, Firewall)
    System (Component Cache (winsxs), MDAC, Microsoft HTML Engine, UAC, Picture & Fax Viewer)

7MEDIA (32 & 64 BIT)

Accessories (Character Map, Disk Cleanup, Notepad, Paint, Wordpad, Windows Sidebar & Gadgets)
    Hardware Support (Infrared Support, Printer Support, TV Tuner Support, Windows Image Acquisition, WLAN Support)
    Multimedia (Media Center, Media & Photo Metadata Handlers, Aero Theme, Media Player & Codecs)
    Network (DFS, File & Printer Sharing, Internet Explorer, LLTD, Network & Sharing Center, QoS, Remote Desktop, Firewall)
    System (Component Cache (winsxs), MDAC, Microsoft HTML Engine, SQM, UAC, Picture & Fax Viewer)

7XTREME (32 & 64 BIT)

Accessories (Notepad, Paint, Wordpad)
    Hardware Support (Printer Support, Windows Image Acquisition, WLAN Support)
    Multimedia (Media & Photo Metadata Handlers, Aero Theme)
    Network (DFS, Network & Sharing Center, QoS, Firewall)
    System (Component Cache (winsxs), MDAC, Microsoft HTML Engine, UAC, Picture & Fax Viewer)

FOR 7XTREME ONLY: When installing the LITE version of Windows 7 that you created, you will need to register the "ieproxy.dll" file when removing Internet Explorer. This needs to be done immediately after installing, when the computer boots to the desktop for the first time. The file "ieproxy.dll" is located in the Windows System32 folder. This can be done using Run or Command Prompt. Type the following: regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32", then press ENTER. Then, a dialog box will appear saying that the file was registered successfully; then click and OK reboot your system. The reason this needs to be done is to prevent Windows Explorer or Computer, from opening multiple windows when you are browsing through the directories. It will also ensure that the feature; Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media will continue to work, while also remaining enabled in the system tray.

A summary of the contents of each attached archive are as follows:

batch (folder containing all the batch scripts currently being used)
    cleanup.bat (file that removes excess waste after using DISM and vLite)
    commit.bat (commits changes to install.wim and unmounts the current image)
    discard.bat (unmounts install.wim and discards changes made during the session)
    mount.bat (mounts install.wim to the defined location inside the setupcfg.txt text file)
    removal.bat (removes all user defined packages for the current edition within it, using DISM)
    setupcfg.txt (points the scripts to the correct locations of the source, mount, and wtools folders)
    source (folder, which will ultimately contain the entire contents of your Windows 7 DVD or Image)
    wtools (folder, that contains install_wim_tweak.exe and also where you will be placing imagex.exe)

IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST use the Automated Installation Kit for Windows Vista SP1. Do NOT use the Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 RTM or you will encounter issues preventing successful completion.

Lastly, I hope these attachments are helpful for all of you who choose to utilize them. I hope the hard work and dedication that was put into this guide and tools make this process as easy as possible. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this post. I or another experienced user will be happy to assist you. Many thanks goes out to Jeronimo, Dead, & SausageHack because with out them this guide would not have been possible!

Direct Download (Hosted By Hidden Content )

External Mirror (Hosted By Hidden Content )

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

3. Likes thelostone, Diablo13, tinkertiler liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Win7 why did I leave XP behind...

Or if you want to tweak an already installed win7

ntroduction

To continue my fine tradition of optimizing MS’s latest OS, I have here my findings to date. If you are looking for Hidden Content , you are almost in the right spot.
    Before adjusting your service settings, ensure that your system has already installed all updates by “checking now” for any available updates via Windows Update. At this time, it is best for you to ensure that all services are set to the default values before updating your system.
    Breakdown of all changes to date: Hidden Content .
    I cannot possibly test all configurations extensively (meaning, each persons specific computer needs), but what I can offer is what “works for me” and the obstacles I have came across so you do not have to discover them on your own. If information on this page needs a revision or expanded, please Hidden Content .
    An * (asterisk) indicates changes from the default
    Two ** (asterisks) indicates you can add or remove this service by:

• Head to Start
    • Select Control Panel
    • Select Programs
    • Select Programs and Features
    • Select Turn Windows Features on or off

Three *** (asterisks) indicates optional services installed with Hidden Content .
    Four **** (asterisks) indicates changes from Hidden Content to Service Pack 1.
    Notes for a Happier Computer and User

• Do not use “msconfig” to disable services, type “services.msc” in the Run box instead or Hidden Content !
    • Before disabling any service, check out the Hidden Content about each by selecting the service name links provided.
    • Service settings are global, meaning changes apply to all users.
    • All of these services are “Standard” with Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and installed by default, by Add/Remove Windows Features, or installed via Windows Live Essentials. If you discover a service that is not listed here, another application, driver or program installed them. A few of the more common ones Hidden Content .
    • Hidden Content service is required for normal operation of your wireless network card. It is listed here as Manual due to most desktops not needing wireless access, but if you do have a wireless network card installed, it will be in Automatic by default.
    • Still unsure? Put your setting to “Manual” or the listing under “Safe.” Manual allows Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to start the service when it needs to (or when ever it feels like it), but not at boot up. Depending on your configuration, not all services will start when required while in “Manual” mode. If you find you need a service, place it in Automatic.
    • After adjusting your service settings, reboot your computer.
    • Before posting your question on the Hidden Content , see if your question has been addressed in the Hidden Content !

Table Header Information

• The columns are sortable. Select the column header to sort by that field.
    • DEFAULT ~ What MS thinks should be running on Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
    • “Safe” Configuration ~ This is the configuration that 95% of the people will be able to use with little or no side effects. It will also minimizes the amount of “errors” that is reported in the Event Viewer. This does not guarantee it will work for you, but if adjusting your services scares you, this configuration would be a good starting point.
      • 19 service settings have been changed from the default annotated by an (*) asterisk.

• “Tweaked” ~ This is the configuration that I have developed to reduce the “Safe” services started, but maintain system security. This does not guarantee it will work for you.
      • 57 service settings have been changed from the default annotated by an (*) asterisk.
      • This configuration is a system that is still able to perform many LAN networking functions, such as file and print sharing, HomeGroup access and uses wireless networking (laptop) plus leaves several security related “features” like the Hidden Content , Hidden Content and Hidden Content active.
      • This configuration is not for a Windows Media Center PC. In this case, use “Safe”.

• “Bare-bones” ~ WARNING!! ~ This configuration disables many built in features of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 as well as several security features.
      • 85 service settings have been changed from the default annotated by an (*) asterisk.
      • This configuration is not for a system that is directly connected to the internet as Hidden Content , Hidden Content and Hidden Content are disabled!
      • This configuration is not for a laptop system as Hidden Content (as well as Defender and Firewall) are disabled and will not be able to counter attacks while roaming on some random wireless connection outside of the home.
      • This configuration is not for a system that internal network attacks are an issue. For example: Multiple PC’s with multiple family members and inexperienced users. For this situation, I highly recommend “Safe” to ensure network security and Windows Update compatibility.
      • This is not for a system that provides networked resources, such as printers, Media Center, and WMP library to other LAN connected computers.
      • Use this configuration at your own risk. It is only provided here as a reference for me to adjust my system setting. If you tweak your Windows 7 OS, use “Safe” unless you read and understand what you are doing.

Configuration Information

• Automatic ~ With a service in this state, it will start at boot time. Some services, when no longer required, will also automatically stop when not needed. If you find you do not need a service, place it into Manual or Disabled.
    • Automatic (Delayed Start) ~ With a service in this state, it will start just after boot time. Some services, when no longer required, will also automatically stop when not needed. If you find you do not need a service, place it into Manual or Disabled.
    • Manual ~ Manual mode allows Windows to start a service when needed. However, very few services will start up when required in Manual mode. If you find you need a service, place it into Automatic.
    • Disabled ~ This setting will stop a service from starting, even if needed. Errors in the Event Viewer will show up complaining of that fact. Some services, while Disabled, will constantly complain. However, this situation is taken care of if placed in Manual. The service descriptions identifies those that should be in Manual vice Disabled.
    • “Started” ~ A service that either set to Manual or Automatic that is running by default at or shortly after boot time.
    • “Not Started” ~ A service set into Automatic that is not running by default at or shortly after boot time.
    • “Not Available” ~ A service that does not apply to the particular version.
    • “Uninstalled” ~ The ability to Hidden Content that I recommend to be removed by using Add/Remove Windows Features.

Service Dependency Abbreviation Information

• S ~ Windows 7 Starter
    • HB ~ Windows 7 Home Basic
    • HP ~ Windows 7 Home Premium
    • P ~ Windows 7 Professional
    • U ~ Windows 7 Ultimate
    • E ~ Windows 7 Enterprise

Service Default Registry Entries

• These entries are exported directly from the registry of a default Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installation.
    • They are in the .reg file format (many entries are in hex notation), not as you would actually view the content via regedit.exe.
    • The particular location extracted is under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\

Search:
    Display Name Service Name (Registry) DEFAULT Starter DEFAULT Home Basic DEFAULT Home Premium DEFAULT Professional DEFAULT Ultimate DEFAULT Enterprise "Safe" Tweaked Bare-bones
    Hidden Content AxInstSV Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content SensrSvc Not Available Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content AeLookupSvc Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content ** AppHostSvc Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content AppIDSvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content Appinfo Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content ALG Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content AppMgmt Not Available Not Available Not Available Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content ** aspnet_state Not Available Not Available Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content BITS Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content BFE Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Disabled *
    Hidden Content BDESVC Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content wbengine Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content bthserv Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content PeerDistSvc Not Available Not Available Not Available Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content CertPropSvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content ** NfsClnt Not Available Not Available Not Available Not Available Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content KeyIso Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content EventSystem Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content COMSysApp Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content Browser Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content VaultSvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content CryptSvc Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content DcomLaunch Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content UxSms Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Disabled *
    Hidden Content Dhcp Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content DPS Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content WdiServiceHost Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content WdiSystemHost Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content defragsvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content TrkWks Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content MSDTC Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content Dnscache Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Disabled *
    Hidden Content EFS Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content EapHost Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content ** Fax Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Uninstalled *
    Hidden Content fdPHost Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content FDResPub Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content gpsvc Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content hkmsvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content HomeGroupListener Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content HomeGroupProvider Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content hidserv Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content ** IISADMIN Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content IKEEXT Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content ** CISVC Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Started, Automatic) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content UI0Detect Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content SharedAccess Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    Hidden Content iphlpsvc Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content PolicyAgent Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content KtmRm Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content lltdsvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content ** LPDSVC Not Available Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content ** Mcx2Svc Not Available Not Available Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Uninstalled *
    Hidden Content ** MSMQ Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content ** MSMQTriggers Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content clr_optimization_v2.0.50727 Manual Manual Manual Automatic (Delayed Start, Started Manual Automatic (Delayed Start, Started Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content ** ftpsvc Not Available Not Available Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content MSiSCSI Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content swprv Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content MMCSS Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content ** NetMsmqActivator Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content ** NetPipeActivator Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content ** NetTcpActivator Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content ** NetTcpPortSharing Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Uninstalled *
    Hidden Content Netlogon Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content napagent Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content Netman Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content netprofm Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content NlaSvc Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content nsi Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content CscService Not Available Not Available Not Available Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content WPCSvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content PNRPsvc Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content p2psvc Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content p2pimsvc Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content pla Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content PlugPlay Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content IPBusEnum Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content PNRPAutoReg Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content WPDBusEnum Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content Power Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content Spooler Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content wercplsupport Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content PcaSvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content ProtectedStorage Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content QWAVE Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content RasAuto Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content RasMan Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content SessionEnv Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content TermService Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content UmRdpService Not Available Not Available Not Available Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content RpcSs Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content RpcLocator Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content RemoteRegistry Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content ** iprip Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content RemoteAccess Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
    Hidden Content RpcEptMapper Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content *** SeaPort Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content seclogon Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content SstpSvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content SamSs Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content wscsvc Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start) Automatic (Delayed Start) Disabled *
    Hidden Content LanmanServer Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content ShellHWDetection Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content ** simptcp Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content SCardSvr Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content SCPolicySvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content ** SNMP Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content SNMPTRAP Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content sppsvc Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start) Automatic (Delayed Start) Automatic (Delayed Start)
    Hidden Content sppuinotify Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content SSDPSRV Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content StorSvc Not Available Not Available Not Available Manual Not Available Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content SysMain Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content SENS Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content TabletInputService Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content Schedule Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content lmhosts Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Disabled *
    Hidden Content TapiSrv Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content ** TlntSvr Not Installed (Disabled) Not Installed (Disabled) Not Installed (Disabled) Not Installed (Disabled) Not Installed (Disabled) Not Installed (Disabled) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content Themes Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Disabled *
    Hidden Content THREADORDER Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content TBS Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content upnphost Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content ProfSvc Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content vds Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content VSS Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content ** WMSVC Not Available Not Available Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content WebClient Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content AudioSrv Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content AudioEndpointBuilder Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content SDRSVC Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content WbioSrvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content idsvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Uninstalled *
    Hidden Content WcsPlugInService Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content wcncsvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content WinDefend Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start) Automatic (Delayed Start) Disabled *
    Hidden Content wudfsvc Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual ****
    Hidden Content WerSvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content Wecsvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content EventLog Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content MpsSvc Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Disabled *
    Hidden Content FontCache Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) **** Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) **** Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) **** Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) **** Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) **** Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) **** Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) **** Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) **** Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) ****
    Hidden Content StiSvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content msiserver Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content *** fsssvc Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed (Manual) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content Winmgmt Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content ** ehRecvr Not Available Not Available Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Uninstalled *
    Hidden Content ** ehSched Not Available Not Available Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Uninstalled *
    Hidden Content ** WMPNetworkSvc Manual (Started) Manual (Startedl) Manual (Started) **** Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Manual (Started) Disabled * Disabled * Uninstalled *
    Hidden Content TrustedInstaller Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content ** FontCache3.0.0.0 Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Uninstalled *
    Hidden Content ** WAS Not Installed (Manual, Started) Not Installed (Manual, Started) Not Installed (Manual, Started) Not Installed (Manual, Started) Not Installed (Manual, Started) Not Installed (Manual, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content WinRM Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content ** WSearch Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Disabled * Disabled * Uninstalled *
    Hidden Content W32Time Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content wuauserv Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start, Started) Automatic (Delayed Start) Automatic (Delayed Start) Disabled *
    Hidden Content WinHttpAutoProxySvc Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual **** Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Hidden Content dot3svc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content Wlansvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled *
    Hidden Content wmiApSrv Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual
    Hidden Content LanmanWorkstation Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic (Started) Automatic Automatic Automatic
    Hidden Content ** W3SVC Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed (Automatic, Started) Not Installed Not Installed Not Installed
    Hidden Content WwanSvc Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Manual Disabled * Disabled *
    Showing 1 to 165 of 165 entries

An * (asterisk) indicates changes from the default
    Two ** (asterisks) indicates you can add or remove this service by:

• Head to Start
    • Select Control Panel
    • Select Programs
    • Select Programs and Features
    • Select Turn Windows Features on or off

Three *** (asterisks) indicates optional services installed with Hidden Content .
    Four **** (asterisks) indicates changes from Hidden Content to Service Pack 1.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog" - Carl Jung

Nexus 7 wifi 32gb 1st Gen XenonHD-4.4.2 Build 1
    HTC one x cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY-endeavoru

5. Thanks Diablo13, digdug, tinkertiler thanked for this post
    Likes digdug, tinkertiler liked this post