Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Wii around £119 ?

Nintendo has revealed its next-generation console, the Wii, will retail in the US for $250 or less, and no more than ¥25,000 ($220/£119/€174) in Japan. It also expects to have shipped more than 6m of the machines by March 2007, the company said today.
    That's as many machines as the total number of PlayStation 3 consoles Sony is expecting to ship in the same period. Sony's box is more than twice the price of the Wii. Both Sony and Microsoft have suggested consumers will buy a Wii alongside each company's more advanced console because the Nintendo machine is relatively so cheap.
    Nintendo made the announcement in Osaka this morning after reporting a 12.5 per cent rise in full-year net profits to ¥98.38bn ($876.7m) but a 19 per cent drop in operating profits. The gain arose from the relative strengths of the Yen and the Dollar during the 12-month period, which ended 31 March 2006. Annual sales were down 1.2 per cent to ¥509.25bn ($4.54bn).
    For the current fiscal year, due to end on 31 March 2007, Nintendo said it expects to announce an operating profit of ¥110bn ($980.19m). The boost will come largely from sales of the Wii and ongoing demand for the DS, particularly now the redesigned DS Lite will soon ship in Europe and the US.
    Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Wii around £119 ?

good news i say. ithink the cube was £125 when it came out. i ad a ps2 and had no intention of buying a cube, but i bought a copy of cube magazine and after reading it i kinda fancied wot it woz about. it then came out and it was £120-5 i think. i thought go for it seen as id paid £300 for my ps2.
    Never looked back since.Hidden Content

Tom101

Deffo getting myself one. I deserve it. I'm particulally looking forward to Zelda.

Post Thanks
    Chats

According to reports I've been reading on the net Playstations time as the King of the consoles could be over. The £550 price tag plus it being one of the hardest to develope for has already pushed EA (the biggest games developer) to announce more games for the Wii than PS3

The King is dead long live the King

Post Thanks
    Chats

at 119 its going to sell out i reckon

Tom101

The Wii apprently is aiming for the "second console" market. When you think about it it's pretty smart. All the Playstation zealots will hate 360's all the zealots will hate the PS3 but the Wii will be waiting in the wings. Some people will have 360's some PS3's but most will have a Wii for entaining games.

By the way not trying to offend owners of xbox 360's or PS3 fans. I own a 360 myself.

dwarf877

I dont like nintendo consoles cause I think the games are pretty crappy so wont be buying one......dont u guys think they are kind of crappy ?

Tom101

Don't try and cause trouble.

Post Thanks
    Chats

The best Gamecube games leather the Playstation plus it has more power

Post Thanks
    Chats

Well at £119, i can see many students buying this aswell, as with the PS3 costing so much, students such as myself who go to Uni wont be able to afford the console, i think its smart how Nintendo have been waiting for a suitable time to release their console (ie after the news about the PS3 costing loads and after the buzz about the 360 dieing down)

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by groovyleigh Hidden Content
    i think its smart how Nintendo have been waiting for a suitable time to release their console (ie after the news about the PS3 costing loads and after the buzz about the 360 dieing down)
    Yes its going to be good PR and this new style of playing games seems really good (seen the trailers)

Hidden Content

Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Thats very cheap,had all the nintendo consoles since they were made snes being my favourite.

Like the xbox aswell but only cos its modded and never been a great lover of playstation,not easily modable Hidden Content Hidden Content