Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
    Im Special
    Post Thanks
    Chats

apple Sara is The Free Siri Alternative Available For Older iDevices

This works on older iDevices, I've not tested it so post back thanks.

Quote:
    Sara 0.2 ? the best alternate to Siri for all iDevice
    After 1 month implement & finishing, with helps from iDevice users around the world, Vietnamese developer has released Sara ? the open virtual assistant like Siri, with many advanced features Siri doesn?t have

Hidden Content This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 911x1023.
    Hidden Content

Sara works perfectly with ANY iDevice (even iPhone original, iPhone 3G to iPhone 4, iPad 2), can help user to do many thing: call, message, local business, .. or chat with user. Special, many features can work without Internet connection

Hidden Content This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x383.
    Hidden Content

- Find local business & direction (everywhere, not only US and Canada)
    - Search for song from
    - Call, message
    - View the movie schedule from nearest cinema
    - Read newspaper (via RSS)
    - Check mail
    - Remote control PC
    - Search videos from youtube, search google, wikipedia
    - Toggle on/off system functional (wifi, bluetooth, 3G, ..)
    - Translate, support > 37 languages
    - Read barcode, qr code then find price, local business sell this

- OCR feature (Image to text), you can use Sara instead of scanner
    - Social network support, user can take a photo then send to their facebook, twitter
    - Search product price, local business
    - Open apps

Hidden Content This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x766.
    Hidden Content

- Weather
    - Answer any questions, you will be surprise with Sara?s knowlede: Ask for Barrack Obama years old, Distance from Earth to Moon !,?

Sara has ?open? brain, it means, every people can train her, teach her new knowledge. Also, Sara has built-in plugin system, so anyuser can write plugin for Sara within 30 mins (for peole doesn?t know about programming !).

Sara is upgrading to version 0.3, with Widget system, Special day, .. and becoming the ?real? assistant for everypeople

User can download & install for free at :

Hidden Content

Hidden Content This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x654.
    Hidden Content

1- Install Sara using Cydia repo (recommend):
    Hidden Content
    2- Manual downloads & install (not recommend):
    Hidden Content
    3- How to report crash:
    Hidden Content [

The app offers tons of great features and overcomes several limitations that Siri has. For example, you can search for places everywhere and are not limited to the United States and Canada. Furthermore, Sara can also control your PC, switch phone toggles on and off, search for songs, scan barcodes, and even learn from its mistakes. You also do not need any proxies to get the tweak up and running.

SOURCES:

2. Thanks thelostone, Gazer, notanotherone, berley thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Sara is The Free Siri Alternative Available For Older iDevices

I do hope this doesn't have any of the speech recognition problems that Siri has...(more inclined to recognise American accents/terms). Other than that, this looks like a very good substitute

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Sara is The Free Siri Alternative Available For Older iDevices

Think this one is short lived .....just installed it and it cant find servers....then looked on there web site and first thing you read is this:

About advertisements: Hey I am so sorry about advertisements, but since Sara receive TOO MANY request, so I need to upgrade server, and ... sorry I'm not a rich man, and I need some funds to upgrade. Hope you understand ............. Hidden Content i really dont want to do this. Actually, I have to borrow money from my friends for keeping Sara server works..
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content