Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Loctite 55

Post Thanks
    Chats

Loctite 55

Hi, has anyone used loctite 55 sealing cord to fix pipes and stop leaks? I have been using PTFE tape on 10mm pipes that connect to radiator valves but they still have a very minor leak. I saw loctite 55 advertised on some site and it seemed a good product just wondered if anyone had any experience of using it and was it any good? Thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Loctite 55

One of my friends who is a pluber uses a cord type stuff on radiator pipes but im not sure what it is called . I will ask him what it is he uses as i know that he said that it is better than ptfe tape on radiator joints. I will ask him later and post back what it is. If i ring him now i think i will be in trouble Hidden Content
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world

3. Thanks neilmol2009 thanked for this post
    Likes Diablo13 liked this post
    Forum Supporter
    Post Thanks
    Chats

flax ,its like horse hair as i just bought some in a plastic bag,i also bought fernox ls-x a jointing compound and external leak sealer,to me its like silicone as we use that in garage,comes in a small toothpaste size tube.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hi, thanks for the replies I bought the loctite 55 and it worked great no leaks at all and very easy to use as long as you use more than they say. I would recommend it to anyone who is having trouble sealing troublesome leaks. Cheers

6. Thanks berley thanked for this post