Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks
    Chats

HELP

I have my dreambox null modem and adaptor wires but i cannot establish a connection because there is no image on the box. I followed the tutorial exactly, click connect, then were it says connection prepared, now switch on dreambox, i switch on dreambox but nothing... It cant get it db mode because there is no image

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Also just to add i tried another dm600pvr box, same error (except this one has an original image).. Dreamup is not detecting the dreamboxes when they are powered (the power makes no difference).. Tried changing power adaptor multiple times, and using different dream up versions (1.3.3.4 and 1.3.3.9)

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Have you tried a different pc could be yours blocking connection somehow and you are using a straight through null modem cable
    you could also try this not sure if it will do a 600 but you have nothing to lose
    Hidden Content
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    i know this may not help ,i allways used to have the same problem ,but do you have the box connected to an ethernet cable as well as your null modem cable ?
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Just tried another pc, my friends dm500s same problem... Bought a new female to female serial null modem cable, still same problem...
    The dreamup version didn't work when i clicked connect
    I tried using the ethernet cable aswell, no difference...

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Does the lnb pin have to be in?? I have not tried using another serial 9pin to usb adaptor (only got one anyway).. can't do straight null modem since my computer only had a 15 pin.

Post Thanks
    Chats
    The two dm600 both worked with the original image, but the telnet protocol deleted the image off one... Yet none of them are accessible by dreamup

Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    ok it doenst need an image for you to get dreamup to work dreamup only connects to box you can put on an image ,do you have flash wizard pro? try to see if this works ,next one can you post pictures of whats showing on the screen if your trying to do it on differnet computers then its your equipment that mite be at fault let us know all the stuff you are using and well go thro it one piece at a time to see whats blocking,there isnt any thing like mcafee or stuff like blocking it ?anyway keep trying well get you sorted
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by jm24 Hidden Content
    Does the lnb pin have to be in?? I have not tried using another serial 9pin to usb adaptor (only got one anyway).. can't do straight null modem since my computer only had a 15 pin.
    To me the problem might be the usb to serial adaptor you are using, can you not try using someone's pc that has a 9 pin com port on board
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.

10. Likes notanotherone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Thanks for the reply guys.. I think You guys are right it's the equipment.. I bought another null modem serial cable but still nothing.. Seems to be the USB to serial .. What would you guys recommend.. I am considering a PCMCIA to 9 pin port card although it would be on my old laptop which is very slow.. Or another USB serial adaptor?? What equipment do you guys use??

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Dreambox 600s and 500s, null modem rs232 serial cable female to female
    9 pin, wch serial to USB adaptor, dream up version 1.339, 1.334, 1.2.2.0, universal dream up .. Four pcs tried all via USB, two windows xp and two windows 7..

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Would you guys recommend this?

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    That will be ok for a desktop pc only
    What is the make and model number of the usb to serial you have now could be a driver issue why its not working
    D I S C LA I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Oh I was going to use the PCMCIA with a sony vaio laptop.. I have a wireless external PCMCIA card on this laptop to get internet.. Will this not work if I use the card in this slot?? Also it's one of those cheap ebay ones it's called wch serial to USB db9 adaptor.. Came with a mini cd which contained four folders, containing different drivers.. Stuff like ch340, USB to parallel, some printer folder.. I've tried downloading them individually and all of them at once. It becomes detected on all computers.. On my old laptop, it said unable to load driver because windows couldn't find a better version of the driver that I installed

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Arghh I see.. Can I jus ask how you know this??
    Also I had seen other ones for notebooks where it's the PCMCIA cards attached to a adaptor cable..
    If none of these are possible could you please redirect me to one which would work ??

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Oh I was going to use the PCMCIA with a sony vaio laptop.. I have a wireless external PCMCIA card on this laptop to get internet.. Will this not work if I use the card in this slot??
    No its a pci card not a pcmcia it goes into a pci slot on a desktop motherboard

Arghh I see.. Can I jus ask how you know this??
    Also I had seen other ones for notebooks where it's the PCMCIA cards attached to a adaptor cable..
    If none of these are possible could you please redirect me to one which would work ??
    I would not like to recommend one that goes into the pcmcia slot on your lappy as it might not work
    surely you know someone who has a desktop pc with a 9pin com port on it that you could try using, as once they are flashed you can use a ethernet cable to flash them in the future.
    D I S C LA I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Another thought did you check in device manager that the usb adaptor is using the same com port that dreamup is asking for.
    D I S C LA I M E R

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123