Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Evolution Fury 3XL Multi Purpose Mitre Saw

I needed to buy a new chop saw as i kept getting the cheap ones and breaking them so thought i would have a look at the Evolution range. When i was looking on the net i noticed one from b and q and thought i would have a look. I was looking at the smaller model first which was ?150 but then i saw this bad boy for a extra ?50 in the shop and thought its got my name all over it Hidden Content

Hidden Content tion=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372015}/categories%3C{9372047}/categories%3C{9372208}/categories%3C{9712012}/specificationsProductType=compound_mitres

So i get it to work and after opening the box and plugging it in im looking at the instructions. ( well hurrying through them i as i want to destroy stuff Hidden Content ) Im looking around the room. . . wood . . no too easy . . . ah ha copper pipe that i nicked off the plumber Hidden Content The box says it will chop metal so here goes. Pressed the buttom it fires to life slowly at first then speeds up then line it up with the "laser" sight Hidden Content and bang straight through!! WOW check the teeth all there and not a scratch Hidden Content Then thought better get back to work! Hidden Content So started to measure out the skirting boards chopped the straight ones then we come to a corner and thought here is the test for it how far out are the mitres!! Chop no bang on!

Now this saw may not be fore everyone as it is quite heavy and bulky but for me having to do a few joinery jobs and bits and bobs its ideal. Then after reading the instruction book i can get a diamond blade for it and it says it will do natural stone and ceramic so bonus ideal for my main job so ive ordered a new diamond blade for it too!

Very good sturdy saw for anyone who is thinking about getting a chop saw and i would highly recomend it. 1 year warranty with it. Wish worx had done it then i would have had a 3 year warranty Hidden Content
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world

2. Likes thelostone liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Evolution Fury 3XL Multi Purpose Mitre Saw

I got a little add on for my new toy this week Hidden Content I purchased the diamond blade to try on some limestone tiles that i had to work with this week.

While i was expecting it to be good and do the job. . . ITS BRILLIANT!! Made a nice smooth cut without chipping the tiles and easily did the job at hand!!

Then i started to look at the blade and it says cuts ceramic, brick, stone and curb stones!! I found nearly all of them and it worked flawlessly!! I just need a cub stone and then ive tried it on them all Hidden Content Works great and the saw handles it with ease!! Handy for anyone who needs to cut such things well worth the money found one on ebay for ?32 delivered and it was worth every last penny.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Im glad you like your new toy. Im after a new table saw and was thinking of the same brand.
    I will have to have a good look now at the fury.
    Enjoy your chop saw and try to keep the right amount of fingers. Hidden Content

Peter

5. Thanks tinkertiler thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats

If its anything like the chop saw you will be impressed with it. Got hold of the circular saw at the weekend and did some plinths on a kitchen and it worked a treat.