Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Jtagged Xbox how to get up and running

If you havent got a Jtagged xbox then this thread isnt for you im afraid!

Right we will assume that you already have a Jtagged Xbox and you are now wondering what to do with it Hidden Content Well for starters if you havent got a hard drive attached to it one of the official ones you can put a Normal sata 2.5 hard drive of any size (yes the 1Tb ones work!) into the xbox hard drive shell and format it through the xbox. To do this you will need to go to the memory settings and then format it and then it will show all your free space Hidden Content

Now when you have done that you will want to install xexmenu and nxegod onto it. You can do this via usb stick but you will need xexloader on a cd in the xbox to install this way. I could never get it to work off a usb Hidden Content You run xexloader from the dvd then tranfer the files from the usb to the hard drive into foler 0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00080000. (the C0DE9999 folder uses a zero instead of a O if you dont use a zero it wont work!)

When you have done that you can go to the games folder on nxe and then to demos and you will find xexmenu and nxegod. xexmenu is good for transfering files from you PC to the xbox and files from the xbox to the PC via FTP. Nxegod will tranform games that have been put on the hard drive off discs into games that no longer need the game dic in the console anymore Hidden Content

All you need to do to get the games on the hard drive is install them to the hard drive like you would with a normal xbox 360 game. Pressing the Y button and then going to install. When that is done, go to the games folder on nxe dash and then go to demos. Then click on nxegod. When it loads to a black screen it will scan the hard drive. When it has done this it will say press A do this and then it will convert the folder so you no longer need the game disc!

Now you can have fun! Hidden Content Arcade games that you see here on various sites can be tranfered from the PC to the xbox by going to xexmenu and then pressing the right hand bumper button till you see the ip address of the xbox. When you see this enter it into FlashFXP or similar with the usernam xbox and passowrd xbox and port 21 and then you will gain access to the hard drive Hidden Content

If you go to folder Content/0000000000000000/ this is where you tranfer all arcade games and DLC for them to work on the xbox. If i was you i would just run the games through Yaris swap before transfering them across just to be sure they will work fine on your xbox.

The next folder you need to worry about is the Cache folder. Some games will require a update for them to play so just make sure you have the latest updates for games installed and you should be fine

There are a number of ways to get the title updates.

1. Go to Hidden Content and download the game updates one by one or
    2. Install freestyle dash and download them for all games when it first boots up

If you want to install freestyle dash get hold of the latest version off xbins and then transfer the files across to the xbox via ftp. I just transfer them to the hard drive in a folder marked Freestyle and then open the folder find the default exe and then click it. When you are in freestlye dash you will need to set a few things such as market place data and which folders to scan on boot. It will then scan the folders you have on your xbox and then download any updates that are needed automaticly Hidden Content

Freestyle dash is a very handy tool. You can have weather updates, title updates, the ability to adjust the fan settings (up the fan speed to keep your console cool) and other great stuff. There are people working on codec for the 360 as we speak which will allow you to play all media files on the xbox mkv included im just wishing they will do something like XBMC like what was on the original xbox! This is in early stages at the moment news will be heard soon. So watch this space!

Right lets say you have done all of this and everything is running fine and then you find a couple of games dont work Hidden Content Lego starwars 3 for instance doesnt work! Ah my kids will kill me ! Im going to hide! No need all you will need to do is install dash launch 2.10 or similar and then all will be fine again Hidden Content Just copy the folder to a usb stick. Go to xexmenu and find the usb. Go to the dash launch default.xex and click A on the controller. The screen will go black just follow the on screen instructions and then your done! Easy as that peace is restored Hidden Content

Now you have your xbox running just how you like it then MS decide its time to update the dash!! Grrr!

DO NOT UPDATE from a game disc just in case!! You have to update the dash on a jtag a little differently im afraid. Its not hard and there are several ways of doing this but i will explain the easiest way.

If you have XeLLous installed on your xbox you can update that way. Just turn on your xbox with the eject button with the ethernet cable plugged in and it will boot to a blue screen. At the bottom it will give you a ip address. Open firefox and put that ip address in the address bar and you will see a menu appear Hidden Content Dump the nand and get your efuses file (this will give you the cpu key which you need) hen you have your nand dump and cpu key look for a program by bestpig from here http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=Hidden Content sult&resnum=1&ved=0CB4Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbestpig%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3D1Qk%26sa%3DG%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GBHidden Content fficial%26channel%3Ds%26prmd%3Divns load your nand dump and cpu key and then make a updflash.bin file and then transfer it to a usb stick. Make sure NOTHING else is on the usb stick or it wont work for some reason! Then go back to your 360 put the usb stick in one of the front slots and turn the xbox on with the eject button. It should say found update please wait. Wait till it has finished and asks you to power cycle. Turn off your xbox and pull out the power cord for 30 seconds plug back in and turn back on and you should have the new dash installed Hidden Content

You can play games off a external hard drive but i have never messed about with this. If anyone can help with how to do this please add to this thread as i know how to put them on a external hard drive but getting the shortcut on nxe to work has me a bit stumped Hidden Content
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Jtagged Xbox how to get up and running

A great tutorial tink, which deserves to be stickied!
    So that I can refer back to it, often! Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Jtagged Xbox how to get up and running

I thought i better do one as alot of people get a jtag and are not sure what to do with it Hidden Content Will add to it if anything else crops up to help anyone who is looking to getting one set up
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world