Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Important Announcement

Facebook is already inbuilt so nothing to set up only the app which is taken care of.

You got any nice designs to share Hidden Content
    Welcome to World of Digital

Hidden Content

I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate click below

Hidden Content <<<< Click to Donate.

Forum Supporter
    Post Thanks
    Chats

cable is not dead yet kv working and now starview climbing out of the coffin with 9 channels Hidden Content ,curious if you have many irish users here as i am pondering a combo box for use with sat and the new dtt service and to be able to set timer recordings.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Im working on something for WOD as a new logo. Mainly to help bring in the new themes/threads. If the demand if high enough I would be willing to make a logo/banner for each section as a kind of visual aid.

I will mail Gazer and a few of the interested mods with ideas for designs. Perhaps we could work something out for how the new sections and layout wil be and ill come up with a design/logo?
    Visit Hidden Content for great games

Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Good luck with the upgrade!
    Mercury sounds like a great idea new logo and designs would look cool.
    I'm new here so I don't know if my opinion will count much but I think maybe you could have a section for wrestling?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by lolzatyou Hidden Content
    Good luck with the upgrade!
    Mercury sounds like a great idea new logo and designs would look cool.
    I'm new here so I don't know if my opinion will count much but I think maybe you could have a section for wrestling?
    Every members opinion counts m8 and i love wrestling Hidden Content
    PLEASE, support this charity Help for Heroes
    If this post has helped you please hit the thanks button below ty

Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Oh nice. I'll definitely contribute what I can if theres a wrestling section.

Post Thanks
    Chats

A section for people like me!

nah i deffo have to disagree with taking the thanks button away, as said already you end up with short useless replys to original posts.

i think you already cover most topics so i dont see the issue with the forum personally.
    all i ask is you "heighten" the shoutbox Hidden Content

Maybe add flashchat to the site? and keep the shoutbox for staff only?

Spin.

p.s keep adverts well away, i hate them ones that takeover the whole page and then you have to click here after a few seconds to carry on back to your forum/page!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Cable section needs to stay its a bit dead but you never know whats round the corner, (was real busy When Hunter and Me looked after it Hidden Content )

Sat section has loads of potential just needs some one to put some effort into it as with most sections

every where is quiet now that provides this sort of content, it rely's on the members and more so on the staff adding content that google searches pickup on.

The forum (imo) looks too expanded, too many sub sections visible, too in your face.

what about a Traders section where "Trusted" traders can sell their wares for a fee to the forum of course and obviously no conflict of interest with the site sponsor
    This Thread will help you understand the way this forum works Hidden Content
    This link will tell you all you need to know Hidden Content
    And if your still stuck use this link The following will answer all your questions Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by renwich Hidden Content

The forum (imo) looks too expanded, too many sub sections visible, too in your face.

what about a Traders section where "Trusted" traders can sell their wares for a fee to the forum of course and obviously no conflict of interest with the site sponsor
    can you explain further what you mean about the forum being too expanded, would you prefer to see tabs for downloads etc rather than sub sections ?

trusted traders is a good idea, but i reckon it should incur a fee for them to be able to trade ?
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by berley Hidden Content
    can you explain further what you mean about the forum being too expanded, would you prefer to see tabs for downloads etc rather than sub sections ?
    the section headers are ok but theres too many sections then sub sections, take for instance the cable section, and the sat section

Hidden Content Originally Posted by berley Hidden Content
    trusted traders is a good idea, but i reckon it should incur a fee for them to be able to trade ?
    Ain't that what I said

a Traders section where "Trusted" traders can sell their wares for a fee to the forum of course and obviously no conflict of interest with the site sponsor
    This Thread will help you understand the way this forum works Hidden Content
    This link will tell you all you need to know Hidden Content
    And if your still stuck use this link The following will answer all your questions Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

I have to say I am completely opposed to Twitter or Facebook links with this site! And I do mean completely!

If people want to spout crap about how they spent their day shopping and cutting their toenails, or the latest teenage Karen Carpenter diet fad, then they belong on dumb uncontrolled social networking sites.
    Not on a proper professionally run Forum!

I hope I have made my total objection to this idea clear!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Diablo13 Hidden Content
    I have to say I am completely opposed to Twitter or Facebook links with this site! And I do mean completely!

If people want to spout crap about how they spent their day shopping and cutting their toenails, or the latest teenage Karen Carpenter diet fad, then they belong on dumb uncontrolled social networking sites.
    Not on a proper professionally run Forum!

I hope I have made my total objection to this idea clear!

You got it wrong way round diablo its the site thats posting on facebook not facebook posting on here, merely another way to attract custom by advertising content on the social networks.

Hidden Content

I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate click below

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks Red for clearing that up!

I know I have said many times, and provided evidence of my objections to the security and even what should be legal on those sites, so I wont state them again.

Lets just say if WOD became just an extended chat room of that type, then I would be gone forever!
    So strongly do I feel about this.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Some interesting ideas already. I'll be honest I originally read this in a sly look in work but didn't have time to post, then forgot about it as I didn't subscribe to it either Hidden Content .

I'm all for a new logo, especially if it's a competition again. Though I did tweak it a week or so later with a drop shadow on the text, the current logo is 18 months old by my reckoning (the file on my computer is dated Sep '09). However, I think it would be best to leave any logo until the site shake-up is sorted? No point in designing a logo, idents and other graphics if they're not needed or not reflected in any redesign.

I agree that a Facebook "fan" page may get us some more members. With the openness of the "file zone" are admin happy about the attention this might bring? (i.e. are we sure about the legality?) @Berley you'd have to make a separate account (e.g. Berley WoD) for just the WoD page if you didn't want anyone knowing the real you. Alternatively you could set your FB privacy as high as it can go, then not accept friend requests from people you don't know.

I don't know much about vB, so may have this horribly wrong, but there's a feature on bit-tech that makes PrefixIDs/statusicons clickable and sortable. In the sat and cable sections at the very least, this would allow you to get rid of the sub-forums as anyone wanting just to view the Technomate (for example) threads would just have to click the Technomate 'icon' at the start of a thread title to sort by threads with that prefix. You'd have to make it compulsory, and someone would probably have to go through the threads (before they're collapsed to the parent forum would probably make it easier). I think it's this one but don't have access to view the attachments: Hidden Content . You can see it in action on the bit-tech website.

I might be back with more...

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by little_pob Hidden Content
    Some interesting ideas already.

I'm all for a new logo, especially if it's a competition again. Though I did tweak it a week or so later with a drop shadow on the text, the current logo is 18 months old by my reckoning (the file on my computer is dated Sep '09). However, I think it would be best to leave any logo until the site shake-up is sorted? No point in designing a logo, idents and other graphics if they're not needed or not reflected in any redesign.
    Sounds a good idea once its been decided what style(s) will be used

I agree that a Facebook "fan" page may get us some more members. With the openness of the "file zone" are admin happy about the attention this might bring? (i.e. are we sure about the legality?) @Berley you'd have to make a separate account (e.g. Berley WoD) for just the WoD page if you didn't want anyone knowing the real you. Alternatively you could set your FB privacy as high as it can go, then not accept friend requests from people you don't know.
    we already have an account in place as far as im aware just a case of switching on the interface.

I don't know much about vB, so may have this horribly wrong, but there's a feature on bit-tech that makes PrefixIDs/statusicons clickable and sortable. In the sat and cable sections at the very least, this would allow you to get rid of the sub-forums as anyone wanting just to view the Technomate (for example) threads would just have to click the Technomate 'icon' at the start of a thread title to sort by threads with that prefix. You'd have to make it compulsory, and someone would probably have to go through the threads (before they're collapsed to the parent forum would probably make it easier). I think it's this one but don't have access to view the attachments: Hidden Content . You can see it in action on the bit-tech website.
    Thats something to be considered its easy to configure as its all inbuilt plus if custom icons were made make it more presentable as well

Hidden Content

Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

The ability to delete threads and posts we have made would be great. I have looked back at my introduction and it is so stupid.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by pajazzle Hidden Content
    The ability to delete threads and posts we have made would be great. I have looked back at my introduction and it is so stupid.
    I suppose 'soft delete' could be allowed, but hard permanent delete would not.
    you cant have the members with too much control on a forum.

What exactly is wrong with your introduction?

Spin.

Post Thanks
    Chats

That will never be an option, if you have a problem with a post them thats what the mods and admin are for to help Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Legend
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Was also thinking you could make a mobile version of the site? One that could be viewed on a smartphone? Maybe even an app?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Was also thinking you could make a mobile version of the site? One that could be viewed on a smartphone? Maybe even an app?
    i belive we allready have one Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast