Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Respected Pro Tipster gazza2008's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

new Starview dead now

As people can now see from below Starview service where busted the other day and nothing to do with new card readers all a load of rubbish.

Television Fraud Charges

Three men have been arrested as part of an investigation by Derbyshire police into television fraud.

Officers executed a warrant at a house in Fernwood Close, Littleover, Derby on Tuesday February 2nd 2011.

The warrant was part of an investigation into a conspiracy to defraud Virgin Media by enabling access to TV content without payment.

Detective Sergeant Graham Prince, of Pear Tree CID, said: ?We have been working closely with Virgin Media as part of an investigation into TV fraud. It is alleged that this is a Key part of an operation to defraud Virgin Media.?

Malcolm Davies, Virgin Media?s head of fraud and security said: ?We take this matter extremely seriously and will continue to work closely with all the police forces throughout the UK to prosecute individuals connected with this type of TV fraud.

?We urge anyone with information about people supplying or using illicit equipment to receive Virgin Media TV channels to continue to call our confidential hotline on 0800 096 7800.?

A 47-year-old man, a 33-year-old man and a 60-year-old man were arrested. Following interview they were all charged with conspiracy to defraud.

They appeared in court this morning, the two older men were bailed, the younger remanded into police custody.
    For all my horse racing tips see below
    Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Starview dead now

That Sucks!

If Vermin and Sly stopped being such greedy buggers and let people make their own customized subscription packages, at a more affordable cost, they would get even more customers and there would be no real point in trying to get their services for free? Hidden Content

Major league "fraud" cut at a stroke, with no loss of profits to them and no waste of taxes to us in the prosecutions! Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Diablo13 Hidden Content
    That Sucks!

If Vermin and Sly stopped being such greedy buggers and let people make their own customized subscription packages, at a more affordable cost, they would get even more customers and there would be no real point in trying to get their services for free? Hidden Content

Major league "fraud" cut at a stroke, with no loss of profits to them and no waste of taxes to us in the prosecutions! Hidden Content
    i agree what pee,s me off the most is that living in a rural are i still have to pay full price knowing i,m getting a slow speedHidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Hunter Hidden Content
    i agree what pee,s me off the most is that living in a rural are i still have to pay full price knowing i,m getting a slow speedHidden Content
    Not sure if this is helpful to you Hunter, but some time ago I used an SB 3100 modem, which Vermin had allowed to be registered.
    When the BB speeds went up to 10 meg, I could only get 8mb max and they wouldn't give me another modem.
    I phoned them and explained, so the result was I got a discount because I couldn't get the full speed I was paying for!
    Although the circumstances may be slightly different for you, they will know you can't get full speed, so a phone call to them might get you a discount on your service?
    As with any of the providers, it can depend on who you actually talk to, but it has to be worth a try?
    If you get no reduction the first call, be patient and try a few more times, you have nothing to lose but a bit of phone time!