Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Specifying which tuner is receiving

I have Tuner A controlling a motorised dish and Tuner B to a dish fixed on 28E.For test purposes I occasionally want to receive 28E on Tuner A. Is this possible as whenever I select BBC or so it only uses tuner B - the only alternative I have found is to start recording on Tuner B and then select another channel on 28E on tuner A. The dish then moves to 28E!
    I hope there is an easier way!

Thanks for any help!

Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Specifying which tuner is receiving

i think the reason is that tuner A turns the dish while tuner B doesnt am not 100% sure but have you tried it the other way round?i am assuming you have twin or quad lnb's?what image are you using as well
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats

Perhaps I haven't explained this properly!
    I have 2 dishes - 1 motorised on tuner A and 1 fixed on 28E. I want to nominate a channel on tuner A on 28E but it always gets it from tuner B -the one fixed on 28E. This is working fine and perfectly logical!
    I just want to be illogical sometimes and get the motorised dish to turn and receive from 28E! I can achieve this as I said above but I am looking for a less cumbersome solution!
    Thanks for your interest!

Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

i think i know what your talking about i seen something similiar to this on another forum ill have a look and see what i can find am sure its something to do with the set up of tuners and as i said image you use
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats

Sorry, I forgot to say the image I use -I am at present on VIX 1.2 but it was the same on PLi!

Post Thanks
    Chats

I would switch your tuners around.

Have the fixed dish on Tuner A and the motor on Tuner B.

The motor dish on tuner B will only be used when needed, for instance if your recording a program on 28.2, then you want to watch another channel on 28.2 or when watch a channel on a different satellite.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I reckon the channel list/search is based on the feed... so, you might have to do a full channel scan on both tuners in order for you to be able to choose the channel+feed combo at will (i.e. BB1 + Tuner A or BB1 + Tuner B... and so on). It obviously goes without saying that you will probably have to save the channel lists in differently named bouquets.

But, peeps here know much more than I do... so, I might be talking out of the wrong end of my physical being.
    Best regards,
    pande_monium

Post Thanks
    Chats

[QUOTE=pande_monium;201645][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I reckon the channel list/search is based on the feed... so, you might have to do a full channel scan on both tuners in order for you to be able to choose the channel+feed combo at will (i.e. BB1 + Tuner A or BB1 + Tuner B... and so on). It obviously goes without saying that you will probably have to save the channel lists in differently named bouquets.

Yes, I've tried that -after starting a recording on tuner B I moved the dish to a BBC channel on tuner A and saved it in another bouquet.However when I selected that channel in favourites when Tuner B was free it went to the tuner B channel!
    Its annoying when the system is too intelligent.

It looks as if there is no solution to this problem!
    Thanks for all those trying to help!