Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Tech Re: SAMSUNG PS50C680 50" Full HD Plasma 3D TV

OK set this tv up and had a play with it over the weekend, my impressions so far is as follows:

Wearing the active glasses and watching the TV in 3D takes abit of getting used too, but the picture and 3D is somethink out of this world.
    I can only watch this TV in 3D in the eveing as using these 3D active glasses in the day you get a bad flicker from both side's of the glasses in daylight, which is not good for your eyes, this will be down to the way these glasses work.
    The TV displays the left and right images sequentially, one after another. The glasses blank the left and right eye in sync with an Infrared Pulse coming from the television, i think it is about 60 times a second.
    HD side of the TV is 100% as well
    At the moment I am currently still running this TV in with both contrast & brightness at about 55 each this will help with the Image retention not burning into the screen.
    The only thing for me that lets this TV down is the sound, it as 2 x 15w but sounds so tinny to me after having the LG before, but i'm still trying some new settings out.

Overall I am happy with the set upto now and the cost was good at ?950 with a 3D bluray player and in the end 4 x pairs of active glasses and these sell at ?79 each.

Will update a bit more as i try out some new films

Regards Gazer
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: SAMSUNG PS50C680 50" Full HD Plasma 3D TV

Thanks for the review gaz, get the lg hooked up the neighbours will love you:Hidden Content :

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

Post Thanks
    Chats

Just been looking in comet, they had a 3d demo set up was amazing the way it worked, pity the price is so high, that was a panasonic i think, had to drag Julie away she was riveted Hidden Content
    Welcome to World of Digital

Hidden Content

I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate click below

Hidden Content <<<< Click to Donate.

Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

i have to be honest i watched the man u game when 3d first came out and tbh i wouldnt go to a football ground to watch another game but not being able to afford one of these tv's i think ill wait till they come down in price
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks for the review Gazer.
    You did get that at a very good price, but like nao I will hang on a bit before I think about such a major upgrade.
    With news coming through of sets which don't need the glasses and the current impetus of 3D tv at the moment, I think there will be a lot of advancements in the technology coming quite quickly.
    Plus the fact that more 3D content will become available all the time, so I think it is worth waiting before jumping on this new bandwagon?

Post Thanks
    Chats

ok tell me again did you order it online and use berley's code or did you go to store and use the code? cause if you done it online i can find how and also tell me how to activate 3d from sky? and how many channles can we watch that has 3d ?and where are your service files and bouquet you said you were gonna post Hidden Content
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by notanotherone Hidden Content
    ok tell me again did you order it online and use berley's code or did you go to store and use the code? cause if you done it online i can find how and also tell me how to activate 3d from sky? and how many channles can we watch that has 3d ?and where are your service files and bouquet you said you were gonna post Hidden Content
    I went instore and used the code berley got for me and it worked and i got buy now pay in 9 months.

The code will work online as well but you cant get the buy now pay later online.
    Ring sky and ask them to activate 3D for you and they will there and then aslong as you have the full package in HD which you have......and they will switch you on with in 2 mins.
    At the moment sky have only 1 channle in 3D which shows most of the sports thats on over the weekned and repeats in the week and some films.... but more channles to come Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Samsung 3D blueray player BD-C5900 that comes with it as a multi region unlock hack as well which is:

1. Turn off and turn on player.

2. Wait until it boots into home screen then press the following keys.. Repeat - 5 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 8

3. Note that "2" appears briefly in top left of screen.

4. Press "9" and note that it appears briefly in top left of screen.

5. Turn off then turn on player, that's it.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hey Gaz I have been looking and thinking about getting this exact TV, how you getting on with footy in 3D worth it or not?

I also like the idea of the LG passive 3D tv but it about ?800 more but you get loads of glasses and they are much lighter. Not had a demo of the passive tv's yet just the active ones like in Comet etc..
    D I S C L A I M E R; My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical, out of general curiosity, for educational purposes or testing only. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. The user Timoweb is not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Timoweb Hidden Content
    Hey Gaz I have been looking and thinking about getting this exact TV, how you getting on with footy in 3D worth it or not?

I also like the idea of the LG passive 3D tv but it about ?800 more but you get loads of glasses and they are much lighter. Not had a demo of the passive tv's yet just the active ones like in Comet etc..
    I'v got to say its growing on me day by day .....the footy is TOPS plus a couple of sky's 3d films as been good as well.
    I too was looking at the LG passive 3D tv at first untill i saw the price of this one plus on the which TV site the LG passive did not have a good wright up as the samsung did.
    like i said in another post is the only let down was the sound which is not as good as the LG 50" HD tv that i have, but playing around with the settings last weekend i have got it somethink like Hidden Content

I think 3D is the way to go for now with the activate 3D glasses as long as the prices keep coming down untill they get these new TV'S out which do not need glasses at all.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Ouch looks like my pocket will be taking a hit soon and the Samsung is already a good price and large too at 50".

In general I can watch most TV progs in low def and not mind/notice too much but I have got so used to watching footy in HD its hard to watch in standard def now. I am thinking this could be the same with footy and boxing etc. I would mainly use just for watch sky 3D.
    D I S C L A I M E R; My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical, out of general curiosity, for educational purposes or testing only. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. The user Timoweb is not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Timoweb Hidden Content
    Ouch looks like my pocket will be taking a hit soon and the Samsung is already a good price and large too at 50".
    Well to be Honest Timo and i told the MRS the same

I only went out and got this TV so that i could do a review on it for the likes of you and all of our members here at WOD.... this was done so that you would know if it was worth buying or not........This was never got for myself and i would never sit down and watch the likes of football and films in 3D night after night on it...... Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gazer Hidden Content
    Well to be Honest Timo and i told the MRS the same

I only went out and got this TV so that i could do a review on it for the likes of you and all of our members here at WOD.... this was done so that you would know if it was worth buying or not........This was never got for myself and i would never sit down and watch the likes of football and films in 3D night after night on it...... Hidden Content

so as the review is finished can i please buy it for 200 quid ? :Hidden Content :
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Well got home last night and there were 2 packets waiting for me to open ...... it was only 2 more pairs of 3D glasses from samung .......thats 6 pairs in all i have now Hidden Content value of all these glasses come to ?400 so making this TV a better price than before.......just need some friends now to come round and watch it with me. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Just wish there were more 3D stuff to watch.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Gazer Hidden Content
    Well got home last night and there were 2 packets waiting for me to open ...... it was only 2 more pairs of 3D glasses from samung .......thats 6 pairs in all i have now Hidden Content value of all these glasses come to ?400 so making this TV a better price than before.......just need some friends now to come round and watch it with me. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Just wish there were more 3D stuff to watch.

am sure berley offered our services to come and help you out:Hidden Content :
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Smile Re: SAMSUNG PS50C680 50" Full HD Plasma 3D TV

That makes the deal you got even sweeter than it already was then Gazer!
    Full marks to Samsung for their customer support as well. Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12