Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

star wars saga to be shown in 3D

The entire Star Wars film saga is going to be shown in another dimension - 3D, director George Lucas announced today.
    The Jedi will initially return in the eye-popping format in 2012, with the 1999 prequel Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, before the remaining films follow.
    Lucas was never a fan of 3D but is thought to have changed his mind about the technology following the advances made with big-screen hits like Avatar and Alice In Wonderland.
    A statement from Lucasfilm, the US director's film production company, on the Star Wars website said: "The live-action Star Wars saga will be converted to 3D.
    Hidden Content

"There are few movies that lend themselves more perfectly to 3D; from the Death Star trench run to the Tatooine Podrace, the Star Wars Saga has always delivered an entertainment experience that is completely immersive."
    It added: "The cutting edge conversion will take that immersion to the next thrilling level."
    The huge undertaking could bring a whole new generation of fans to the famous Lucas films.

But some were not so confident, with Star Trek actor Simon Pegg writing on Twitter: "Watching TPM (The Phantom Menace) in 3D would be like the car actually crashing into your face as opposed to just unfolding before your eyes."
    Industrial Light And Magic, the visual effects company which will supervise the project, said converting the films will take time.
    Visual effects supervisor John Knoll said: "It takes a critical and artistic eye along with an incredible attention to detail to be successful. It is not something that you can rush if you want to expect good results.
    "For Star Wars we will take our time, applying everything we know both aesthetically and technically to bring audiences a fantastic new Star Wars experience."
    Lucas was recently quoted as saying that he was investigating the possibilities of 3D.
    "I haven't been a big fan of 3-D, ... the technology hasn't been there. We've been struggling with it, but I think this (new technology) will be a new impetus to make that happen," he said at the time.
    Last month, it was announced that 3D films such as Toy Story 3 and Shrek Forever After had helped boost UK box office takings by 8%.
    Hidden Content
    Last edited by thelostone; 06-10-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: star wars saga to be shown in 3D

ooo mite encourage me to get a 3d tv
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by notanotherone Hidden Content
    ooo mite encourage me to get a 3d tv
    These are for the pictures mate dvds will be a way off yet and by then there will be a new fad Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

Post Thanks
    Chats

Lucas may not be a fan of 3D, but I'll bet he is a fan of the money he hopes it will bring in for re releasing old films!
    That wouldn't have influenced his decision at all would it! Hidden Content

Maybe the BBC will think of doing a 3D version of "Only Fools and Horses" as well?
    There's nothing like giving old stuff a bit of a polish, then selling it on as "New". Hidden Content