Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Angry Yet another sound problem !!!!!!!!!!!

how is it i have bought a top of range webcam and it records in 720p HD and its great, but a lot of the the time the sound either breaks up or it just goes away altogether, its getting right on my mellons man as i like to make little videos, maybe 10 minutes longs and upload them onto a website that allows family to view them, etc etc.

i have tried the webcam on its own with built in mic, which is an usb microsoft lifecam cinema webcam and issue happens, i have tried it with the sound on the camera off and sound through a seperate mic on a sound card using a different mic, and still same thing.

i have tried cam in various usb slots, same probs.

driving me nuts.

funny thing is it doesnt happen all the time, especially on shorter videos, but thats still not right.

anyone any ideas or experience ??

thanks guys.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Yet another sound problem !!!!!!!!!!!

Try turning down the mike gain may be set too high and is cutting off at peaks.
    Welcome to World of Digital

Hidden Content

I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate click below

Hidden Content <<<< Click to Donate.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Reddevil Hidden Content
    Try turning down the mike gain may be set too high and is cutting off at peaks.
    triedd that, even had it at am/mw radio level and it still happened, yet it doesnt happen all the time, like i done a recording tonight, mybe lasted 8 minutes and it was perfect, so i though great, using this new seperate mic rather than than the mic on the camera has done the job, but noope, next recording it wasnt having any of it, i dunnoo, i'm lost with this one, Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Does the webcam send the sound over usb or plug into your X-Fi's mic/line in socket?

If the latter, try temporarily disabling the X-Fi and use the onboard sound card to see if it does the same.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by little_pob Hidden Content
    Does the webcam send the sound over usb or plug into your X-Fi's mic/line in socket?

If the latter, try temporarily disabling the X-Fi and use the onboard sound card to see if it does the same.
    just usb mate.

Post Thanks
    Chats

this is doing my tits right in man, grrrrrrrrrrrr, need someone on this job that knows the buisness with things like this, not saying the guys that have came forth already dont know, but you know what i mean, need someone right into solving sound issues.

lets hope.

and i do appreciate you guys helping me now by the way, great guys Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Angry Webcam v computer sound problem !!!!

right, lets start agaian, this is a big read but important if you can help.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can you please help me as i'm getting to the end of my tether.
    I purchased what I would say is a fairly decent webcam that has a build in microphone, its a microsoft lifecam cinema which you can see here >>>
    Hidden Content
    And I think the specs of my pc are on here too, so you'll know that my computer can more than cope with an HD web cam with built in sound.
    Getting to the problem, the sound breaks up a lot of the time when I am making videos, I need the camera to make video clips to make small clips to share with family and friends etc, the HD picture is outstanding, but then the sound starts the break up and eventually the sound goes altogether, so your left there like a mug making maybe a 5 to 10 minute video and not knowing the sound stopped working 1 minute into it, Hidden Content ,.
    Its very very very frustratating because you try it agian and same thing happpens and and again and same thing, and then you might get the odd video the sound records prefectly which is unbelievable.
    I have even stuck in another sound card (creative) rather than using the onboard sound and bought a half decent microphone too, but still get same result..
    I thought maybe using a different soundcard and microphone would take the strain off the recording side of the webcam a bit, but obviously not, that cant be the problem, i had the sound switched off for the webcam mic in windows properties incase anyone wondererd if i did.
    Another thing i done was to turn down the sound quality of the recording in windows recording devices proerties, i even turned it down as low as it could go, the thing still recorded and actuallly sounded ok, but then the sound still broke up and eventually cut off altothther....very frustrating if your in the middle of making a 10 minute clip or something like that only to find out after 1 minute the sound went off, know what i mean ?
    There must be a fix for this surely, and my computer as you can see is very decent too, very high spec pc.
    I dont know what to do and Iam really hoping someone in here know exactly how to fix this, i hope so, Hidden Content .
    appreciate any help from anyone.
    p.s
    seems as if if you make a really quick clip like 1 or 2 minutes long its fines, go longer than than that your asking for trouble, not always, but most of the time.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Webcam v computer sound problem !!!!

Are you using Windows Live Movie Maker? Seems there are a few people with various sound problems from sync issues to no sound at all.

Quick check list from Hidden Content :
    • Make sure you have the latest version of WLMM installed: Hidden Content
    • Make sure your codecs including Flash are up-to-date.
    • Ensure all drivers are up-to-date. I'd specifically recommend checking chipset, GFx and soundcard at the very least.

However, we need to make doubly sure that the recording software is allowing you to use the external mic (quickest way would perhaps be to tap it (lightly)). Because if it is defaulting or only able to use the mic built into the webcam it could also be a loose connection.

If all that fails it might be worth trying a different piece of software, e.g. Adobe Premier CS5 (trial version on the Adobe website).

Post Thanks
    Chats

Are you using Windows Live Movie Maker? Seems there are a few people with various sound problems from sync issues to no sound at all.
    Quick check list from Hidden Content :
    • Make sure you have the latest version of WLMM installed: Hidden Content
    • Make sure your codecs including Flash are up-to-date.
    • Ensure all drivers are up-to-date. I'd specifically recommend checking chipset, GFx and soundcard at the very least.

However, we need to make doubly sure that the recording software is allowing you to use the external mic (quickest way would perhaps be to tap it (lightly)). Because if it is defaulting or only able to use the mic built into the webcam it could also be a loose connection.
    If all that fails it might be worth trying a different piece of software, e.g. Adobe Premier CS5 (trial version on the Adobe website).
    ok ive now defo got latest movie maker 11 installed.

ive just installed the latest version of adobe flash but i think that was installed anway as i always get a nag screen now and again saying i need to update, Hidden Content . (and i do)

what codec packs do you recommend ? i have kLite full edition and recently installed storm codec pack too as it can play certain mobile phone video clips.
    what do you use and recommend ?

And as for my drivers, graphics, motherboard chipset and sound, they are always up to date, they get checked about at least once a month.

I dont need to check the mic by giving it a tap, the mic works, the mic on the camera works and my other mic's i have work too when i have them plugged into the soundcard.

As i say, i am feeling like i'm kinda getting stuck now, runnin out of ideas.

I have to admit, i have never used windows movie maker, ive always just used the software that comes with the webcam and is so simple to use.

anyway, ball is in your court now.Hidden Content

p.s
    its just that when i start making a video maybe say 5 minutes or 8 minutes long the sound starts to break up and then eventually cut out altogether, and then agaian sometimes it doesnt happen, its crazy, and thats with two different mic's and with one plugged into a soundcard rather than the one on the webcam which is usb.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I also use klite full.

It wasn't a case making sure the mic worked, it was to make sure the recording software that comes with the camera is able to use the external mic source.

I think it's now looking like a software issue, which could be anything from a conflict to a bug in the software. Conflict could be with a driver, AV software etc. A bug could be something as 'simple' as the software running out of buffer for the sound channel.

Either way, give WLMM and/or Adobe Premier a go if you haven't already done so.

Also, it might be worth checking if the sound cuts out on a live feed. Try a 5-10 minute conversation over MSN or other messenger service.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I also use klite full.
    It wasn't a case making sure the mic worked, it was to make sure the recording software that comes with the camera is able to use the external mic source.
    I think it's now looking like a software issue, which could be anything from a conflict to a bug in the software. Conflict could be with a driver, AV software etc. A bug could be something as 'simple' as the software running out of buffer for the sound channel.
    Either way, give WLMM and/or Adobe Premier a go if you haven't already done so.
    Also, it might be worth checking if the sound cuts out on a live feed. Try a 5-10 minute conversation over MSN or other messenger service.
    i tried a live feed over msn and my mates said they didnt hear any problems with the sound.

i will give windows movie maker a go but ive never used it, but i will learn (i hope), Hidden Content .