Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Nintendo 3DS to hit UK in March

Handheld gaming machine first with 3D screen

Nintendo's 3DS, the first portable game device with a 3D screen, will go on sale in Japan on February 26 next year, the company said Wednesday. The 3DS will cost ?25,000 (?188), Satoru Iwata, Nintendo's president, told a packed news conference in Chiba, near Tokyo. It will launch in Europe, Australia and the US in March. Precise details will be announced by local Nintendo subsidiaries at a later date.
    The device has a screen that doesn't require the user to wear 3D glasses. Instead, a filter over the display splits the on-screen image and sends a slightly different image towards the user's right and left eyes, providing the illusion of depth.
    The February launch means the 3DS will miss the traditional year end holiday sales period. That didn't happen with the original DS and the later DSi.
    The launch date breaks with Nintendo's tradition, but that might not be a bad thing. Both Sony and Microsoft are planning to launch motion gaming systems in the final months of this year. An end-of-year launch would have meant all three games companies fighting for the attention of consumers. In February and March next year it should be considerably easier for the Nintendo to generate headlines and interest in the 3DS.

The launch schedule also means that gamers in Europe won't have to wait so long for the device. The European launch date has typically trailed that for Japan and the U.S. by several months, but that won't be the case this time around.
    The DS was first launched in 2004 and has been revised several times. Nintendo had sold 132 million of the portable devices from the launch through June this year, but recently sales have been slipping. Between April and June this year, quarterly sales of the device dropped by almost half.
    Nintendo is hoping the 3DS will revive interest in its the DS.

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Nintendo 3DS to hit UK in March

myself it just sounds like nintendo are trying to make an old thing new
    why bring this out?
    lets face it in what 6 years we have had the following
    nintendo ds
    nintendo ds lite
    nintendo ds lite with colour cases
    nintendo dsi
    nintendo dsi xl
    nintendo dsi xl with colour cases
    and now nintendo dsi 3d
    too many revamps
    to me same **** differant day
    but thats just my opinion

Post Thanks
    Chats

As the only portable 3D games player, without the need to carry glasses as well, if it works properly, it will be a major step forward in portable gaming.
    That makes it a new games machine to me, instead of just the revamps and upgrades you mentioned billy?

It could also be a forerunner to a larger 3D gaming console, like a 3D Ipad?

Post Thanks
    Chats

ye i suppose mate but instead of doing another ds they should have done something bigger and better in my opinion - lets face it the ds has had it's day with all the ace card and r4 cards out there it will only be a matter of time that a new card will be in the shops and money lost again,
    i know r4 is now illegal to buy in the uk but still easy access if you look in the right places

Post Thanks
    Chats

would have said the dsi screen is too small for 3d tbh as well as that with it being a touch screen that could also cause some problems, still would be nice to give it a go tho.