Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Weird channel not available problem

Hi All,

Apologies for posting on this subject, i have read a lot about this issue but yet i still cant find a solution to my problem. I have 3 dboxes, one of them is really good and i rarely have any problems with it, they all run commando 12.

The other 2, anytime i plug them in, they always come up with channel not available, if i run a scan, it picks up nothing, the BER is around 64,000 and SIG hovering about 21,000. I then manually upload channels onto the box, yet nothing shows up even BBC1, i upload magic files and set file permissions to 775 and yet no results, i have to also mention that i have set the location as well to no avail.

Before i throw away the boxes, i want to be sure that i have tried everything as i know of its a hardware problem (tuner issue), its not worth repairing.
    Anything else i am missing or any other leads.

Thanks.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Weird channel not available problem

what are the SNR readings as that is the most important one, it needs to be above 55000 to get any channels to clear
    put a direct feed to them no splitters and check the readings again if its below 55000 you could try the SLX1P booster from argos
    Hidden Content
    if it dont work you can take it back and get a full refund.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks for the reply

for CNN

BER: 16
    SNR: 64,600
    SIG: 169

for BBC

BER:4
    SNR:64,040
    SIG: 167

I have the booster at home, please let me know what to do next i.e is it still worth using the booster.

Thanks very much

Post Thanks
    Chats

Are they nokia or sagems 1x or 2x and what is the box that works ok
    did you try them on a direct feed without any splitters.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by fergalsworld Hidden Content
    Are they nokia or sagems 1x or 2x and what is the box that works ok
    did you try them on a direct feed without any splitters.
    They are all Sagems. I will try them without splitter and report back to you

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by omoeko Hidden Content
    They are all Sagems. I will try them without splitter and report back to you
    try diffrent ucode settings

Post Thanks
    Chats

please could u tel me if the d box is no longer active to any mods before i throw away kind regards

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by jolly27 Hidden Content
    please could u tel me if the d box is no longer active to any mods before i throw away kind regards
    The most complete way to explain is that the D box IS still open to mods.
    The problem is that non of the mods are capable of unscrambling a Nagra 3 signal!
    You can never say never, but it is very unlikely the way things stand that this will happen.

However, if you are in a part of the country which has NOT YET switched to the new Nagra 3 encoding, then you should still be able to use your box as normal, until you ARE encrypted in the near future.
    Apparently the Dbox can still be used as a limited receiver of Freeview channels, as well as for media streaming, even after the normal cable services are lost.

The above applies to the cable version of the D box, but there is a Satellite version, which is a completely different story and should still work.
    I have it on good authority however that the Satellite D boxes can be a real pig to set up correctly, so in case you thought of getting one, DON'T, there are far better sat receivers around!

I hope that has given you a complete answer to your question jolly27?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Ok, what i have done is taken out the splitter and connected it directly to the box. The readings are as follows

ber: 262143
    snr: 21456
    sig: 255

I notice that the SNR has gone through the roof and the SNR has gone down. I have 2 boxes which are now down with same problem and giving the readings above but one particular one is still going strong and working. I must say that the 2 boxes are running commando images.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Check how many flash chips the working sagem box has 1x or 2x then if the other boxes are the same back the image up from the working box
    read one partition and flash without boot loader and flash it to the other boxes
    write one partition and flash without bootloader then the boxes will be identical then no need to scan or anything, see if they work then

i dont see how the readings have gone worse when you have put a direct feed to them its usually the opposite and the readings improve.
    so check to see if they work with or without the splitter and double check the readings again.
    D I S C LA I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

do as fergalsworld has posted.
    but with them being sagems they are very fussy on image they like
    so i would try older types if you have no luck

Post Thanks
    Chats

ok, thanks for the reply. I have done as you directed and to my suprise when i flashed from the backup that was working, i started seeing pictures appearing on the screen to my amazement. Now here is the weird bit, most FTA channels show, i.e B*B news, preview channel etc. but as soon as you change the channel to a paid channel i.e s*k sports, which shows EPG but no picture, instead i get channel not available. as soon as this is done, then everything stops showing even the FTA channel that was showing before.

I also noticed on my golden source image, i.e from box that works. s*y sports 1 shows, but none of the movies show, I have changed ucode and camds a couple of times with various combination to no avail, reminds me of back in the days when you just change keys to resolve such issues, what do i do to resolve issues like this ?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Post what the ber,snr and sig readings are now on a working channel and a non working one,what area are you in.
    D I S C LA I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

BBC which is working : BER: 2, SNR:65021 , SIG: 173, Bitrate: 2980

S*k news which is not working : BER: 27, SNR:64778 , SIG: 222, Bitrate: 3047

Post Thanks
    Chats

Those readings look ok is sly news working on the box you copied the image from
    try changing to ucode001A or ucode0014
    D I S C LA I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

ok, quick update, as the dbox had an image restrored from a working dbox, i get a list of all the channels, working and non-working. what i now find with this particular box is that when i do a new scan, i only get about 24 channels or so.does this mean that i have been affected by N3. is the N3 virus on a per box basis or will it just stop suddenly or after u do a scan.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by omoeko Hidden Content
    ok, quick update, as the dbox had an image restrored from a working dbox, i get a list of all the channels, working and non-working. what i now find with this particular box is that when i do a new scan, i only get about 24 channels or so.does this mean that i have been affected by N3. is the N3 virus on a per box basis or will it just stop suddenly or after u do a scan.

why you doing a scan when you took everything from a working box ?????
    secrets of the dbox >>>Hidden Content

if you find the posts are helpfull....click the thanks button....it dont cost anything

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Magnu420 Hidden Content
    why you doing a scan when you took everything from a working box ?????
    It didnt work before with the full chanels, even though EPG was showing with program details, no channels. i get the little key icon on bottom right corner. i thought a rescan will sort things out as in the past when i lost channels, rescap picks it back up.

no probs with the lost channels as i had them saved on my computer so i can upload to the box and reload channels, the question is. i will still be back to square one.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Any ideas guys

Post Thanks
    Chats

what area are you in cos you might have gone N3
    i know where i am it kicked in last night only gettin
    a few channels now
    secrets of the dbox >>>Hidden Content

if you find the posts are helpfull....click the thanks button....it dont cost anything

Hidden Content

Hidden Content