Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Microsoft releases public beta of Windows 7 service pack

Development build may have bugs, consumers steer clear

Microsoft today released the first public beta of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), but warned consumers and end users to steer clear of the preview. The beta also includes a first look at Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. The company announced the availability of the betas as it kicked off its Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC), where it also announced it is expanding the preview of its Intune hosted desktop computer management service by an additional 10,000 IT users. "This early release of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta is not available for home users," Microsoft said in a message on its site. "The SP1 Beta does not provide new end-user features, and installation is not supported by Microsoft." Microsoft promised last month that it would ship Windows 7 SP1 beta in July, but did not name a release date. The company first acknowledged it was working on the service pack last March.
    According to previous comments by Microsoft, Windows 7 SP1 will not include any new features, but will simply be a combination of security updates already available through Windows Update, as well as non-security fixes that it's gleaned from customer feedback.
    Hidden Content
    The most notable addition to Windows 7 SP1 is an updated Remote Desktop client designed to work with RemoteFX, the new remote access platform included with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. The latter also includes a feature dubbed "Dynamic Memory," which lets IT staff adjust guest virtual machines' memory on the fly

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Microsoft releases public beta of Windows 7 service pack

The latter also includes a feature dubbed "Dynamic Memory," which lets IT staff adjust guest virtual machines' memory on the fly

I like the idea that you log on to a Microshaft site, pay a small one off fee and their experts can overclock your pc to the nth degree and email you the settings?
    My Core I7 920 is running happily at 3.99 gbs, stable but it took a while to get there. Still not sure if the rest is optimized, but it runs alright.
    Be interesting to see if the users input has made a difference to the Win7 SP1 pack when it is on general release as well?