Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Wink U lost some channels ? Read here

I have mentioned this before in either this forum or one of the other main forums on the net !

If you have tried reflashing and rescans etc and still have the same problem, YOU NEED TO FIT A BOOSTER ! to increase the signal level, the signal the box is receiving is too weak and is stopping the tuner from picking all the channels up it should be.

For some reason virgin must have reduced the signal power going out just very slightly, wouldnt even make any difference to a normal subscribed virgin tv box as they have really tolerant tuners (and thier modems are tolerant too), but the original dreambox 500c has one of the weakest tuners in any receiver, and therefore, weak signal = not picking all channels up.
    I can only guess that virgin thought to themselves "how can we really piss off all the dreambox owners", and this was the answer, the dummies took long enough to work that out, , yearssssssssssss.

The reason why this took most of us by surprise is because it happened to nearly everyone with the 500c, so we all thought its just virgin playing funny buggers, which they were, but we didnt think about them reducing the signal level ever so slightly nationwide, and that fraction of a drop in signal was enough to do what its doing now and has been for months.

I have 2 boosterS, i used to use them in an old property i have that had signal issues and they worked a treat, but in the other property i didnt have a signal issue until this happened months ago, but i still didnt run to plug in the booster as i simply couldnt be botherd as most of the channels i needed were still there, but then things changed a bit again the other day and i lost one or two channels that i did need, and thats when i brought out the good old booster and blew the dust off it, .

For anyone wondering, i have tried this several times this evening, erasing the flash on box, then reflashing the image and doing bruteforce scan, and it pulls in every channel every time, so this is a defo tried n tested fix I'm glad to say

This is the booster i have here >>>

Hidden Content 7Ccat:Accessories

As you can see thats a 4 way booster, you dont need a 4 way, just a single output is fine for one box, and you need to make sure the booster has a gain control on it so that you can adjust the power level, turn it up full is too strong, down full is turning it off, i have mines set about 3/4 of the way up, but you would need to fiddle with yours and watch the stream info on screen, pick a channel thats working good, get the stream info on screen, keep turning the gain control upwards and get the SNR level to round about 94-95%, and the BER needs to be sitting solid at 0, if the ber is all over the place then youve turned it up too high.

This will undoubtably helps loads of people, I dont need any praise as this is all old stuff to me that i just wish i would have made clear earlier, i think i did post a message in here about this like i said, cant remember though and i aint going looking for it. .

Anyway, have fun guys, and enjoy whats left of the time you have with "ALL" your channels back

reflash the box, stick the booster on making sure you previously set the level of gain, then do bruteforce scan.
    Last edited by BraveHeart; 11-03-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

re: U lost some channels ? Read here

Hidden Content Originally Posted by wiz569 Hidden Content
    You may also find lately that this is caused by a major freq shift as virmin get ready to roll out N3 in your area and as such for the most part a bruteforce scan should bring them back in,unless you have already been switched to N3.

So by all means try a booster but if it dont work then I'm afraid its curtains Hidden Content
    If Nagra 3 were to blame for people losing a few channels then it wouldnt be a few, it would be the lot, its defo a signal issue as ive just described above, once N3 hits then you will know, whether its virgin playing with the signal to do with N3 or not, its still defo a signal issue, get the boosters on and get all channels back, every single one of them fully working, i can take photos if someone doesnt believe me, as i said earlier, i have a lot of experience of years with virgin and signal issues, and this is caused just now by the signal, not N3 unless your area has already went N3 that is, in which case you will get no channels at all nomatter what ya do.Hidden Content

Before you reflash the box, stick the booster on it, pick a channel you get without any problems, set the gain level on booster so that its spot on , then leave its all set, reflash your box, plug everything back in including booster, do a bruteforce scan, and then wait and see all the channels come back, everyone of them, you need to look in the "all services menu" as old channels that may remain in boquets etc might not be working correctly, but on the all services menu they will all be there and working just fine Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

I didnt post to reject your theory m8 but if you do know so much about virmin and N3 so be it,

hmm its funny how they switch off channels a few at a time when going to N3,wonder where I seen that before...
    you seen that before when the keys roll mate (and they dont switch a few off at a time, thats the sequence when the keys are rolling), i know thats what your getting at, thats got nothing to do with a signal issue or N3, anyways, forget it, this thread is not about nagra 3 and i aint getting drawn into yet another long useless conversation about it, no harm intended mate, just let the people read the thread that have lost a couple of channels from a few months ago eh ?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thats fine m8 but I do like to give correct information,

Just have a look around a few of the forums and you will see that when switching to N3 they do it gradually but quickly i.e. you start to lose some of your premium channels first,then some more and pretty soon they are all gone.

Your solution is perfect if there is a low signal issue,I was just trying to highlight the fact that it could also be N3 arriving.
    it could be mate, but its not, thats why most people that havent had nagra 3 rolled out in thier area can get thier channels back no probs by doing what i suggested.

You will find my information about the signal issue is 100% spot on.

Why is it in this forum when certain people even mention anything I.E me, theres always 20 people waiting in line to victimise me, its not very pleasant at all, starting to =====me off infact.Hidden Content

All that are responsible for doing so (and you know who you are) must live a very sad life if all they can do is wait on people posting messages on a forum and then go in there and try and rip the person to shreds, somethings not right there. !
    Last edited by dx100-uk; 12-03-2010 at 01:02 AM. Reason: exp

Post Thanks
    Chats

I stress again , before doing anything thats suggested in post 1, make sure your area hasnt had the full rollout of nagra 3 firstly otherwise your wasting your time. !

I must also add that the other day all my channels went off too, not just a couple or a few, them all, and after a reflash, booster and bruteforce scan, every single one came back, even ones that i didnt have before and didnt know exsisted, Hidden Content .

Post Thanks
    Chats

So if you are saying that I am victimising you then...

I'm speechless man.
    Didnt say you mate, although i got the feeling at first that you might be one of the many, but now you have been very decent and pointed out that you arent then I'm cool with you man Hidden Content

What I was really doing is genralising mate, thats all.
    Last edited by dx100-uk; 12-03-2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: exp

Post Thanks
    Chats

Taking into account all the N3 issues i think the title of your post would have been better worded differently.This would have saved you having to clarify things in post 8 of this thread.
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by berley Hidden Content
    Taking into account all the N3 issues i think the title of your post would have been better worded differently.This would have saved you having to clarify things in post 8 of this thread.
    why ? i say it over and over again in the thread that you need to make sure you check your area hasnt went over to nagra 3 firstly, simple.

if you feel that strongly about the title, add on the end in brackets and lowercase letters (if your area hasnt went N3)

i tried to go back to my original thread and edit it and add those words in yesterday but there was no "edit" option button, so how the heck do you expect me or anyone to be able to rectify things, comprende ?

Post Thanks
    Chats

you know what, just take the whole bloody thread off eh, what a load of sh*t this is man, bye bye.Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

I dont feel that strongly about it but if you would like me to edit the title of your post then just ask and im more than happy to help.

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by thomson Hidden Content
    you know what, just take the whole bloody thread off eh, what a load of sh*t this is man, bye bye.Hidden Content
    oops seems your were posting at the around the same time as my last post as ive only just noticed this one ........... bye bye.

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hey dont take it personal m8 its just our opinions
    PLEASE, support this charity Help for Heroes
    If this post has helped you please hit the thanks button below ty

Post Thanks
    Chats

Can you have a word with admin and ask him to remove my account from this site please, I'm sick of it and lots of people on it, not naming names but you all know who you are like ive said before, only person i have found to be a very genuine good all round guy on this site is diablo, he should be running the show in "my opinion", and please excuse me as theres another bunch of people i really think are great too, but again, these people will know who they are as ive already spoke to them about it.

can i go now please ???????????

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thomson, first take a chill pill man!

Now I've just had a read through and really cant see what your so wound up about?? All I've seen is constructive criticism. If you cant take that, then go, no one is tying you to World Of Digital. You need to learn to take people opinions/answer's on board, no-one is victimising you Hidden Content

No my opinion on this thread is as Wiz has already posted. If there has been a freq shift due to preparation of the new encryption, then yes maybe your booster could work, but lets face it, is it really work the agro & expense of buying a booster when its going to all go in the very near future anyway? I suppose thats upto whoever reads this to decide.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

not interested, i just want out.

Post Thanks
    Chats

had enough, took enough, fineeto, finished, done, what part dont you understand ?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Well why do you keep coming back and posting the same goodbye?? Hidden Content

Btw I've edited the title.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: U lost some channels ? Read here

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Sicilian Hidden Content
    Well why do you keep coming back and posting the same goodbye?? Hidden Content

Btw I've edited the title.
    you posted a message replying to my post at 7.20am, thats why, nothing to do with you, i suggest you stop posting, you have no power in here but to mod, and i know mod holds no power but to edit/delete and move posts etc, so your not the man, let the man do his job and leave me alone, ok !

Post Thanks
    Chats

Now like I said and this is the last time I'm saying this, calm down.

Now if you really want to leave, just leave, dont keep coming back posting here.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Sicilian Hidden Content
    Now like I said and this is the last time I'm saying this, calm down.

Now if you really want to leave, just leave, dont keep coming back posting here.
    Gazer will get the details, dont worry, all will be fine, tra lalalalalala

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast