Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

had to remove win 7

as said in title had to remove win 7 from my toshiba laptop as could not get the drivers to work with the s-video port and i use it to watch films with on the tv Hidden Content , still going strong on main rig but had to go back to vista for the lappie.
    shame as i really do like win and it really worked well with the lappie and made it a hell of a lot easier to use, still will just haft to wait for updated drivers i guess.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: had to remove win 7

What video card does the lappie have?
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: had to remove win 7

Hidden Content Originally Posted by saffronfox Hidden Content
    as said in title had to remove win 7 from my toshiba laptop as could not get the drivers to work with the s-video port and i use it to watch films with on the tv Hidden Content , still going strong on main rig but had to go back to vista for the lappie.
    shame as i really do like win and it really worked well with the lappie and made it a hell of a lot easier to use, still will just haft to wait for updated drivers i guess.
    I had the same problem with a WI FI network card driver (so no internet or updates ect), if you were using vista then force Win 7 to use the vista driver by using update driver in Device Manager and manualy navigating to where you have stored the vista driver, it will say it is not compatible ect but try it anyway. Do not use the driver installation program that came with the device, you are only after the pure driver files, not the rest of it. Worst way it just wont work but I have found forcing the vista drivers a good way of getting older hardware to work.
    “When you help someone up the hill, you are closer to the top yourself.”Hidden Content