Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Lightbulb Commando 12 - the final showdown

The trouble with the Commando 11.3 release last August was that it didn't have the scripts and menus for Online / Manual Updates, an idea that didn't ocurr to us until two months later.
    Which meant this stuff had to be added manually (in the form of an Upgrade tarball), then installed via a Telnet session, to get the image to 11.3.07 standard.
    A lot of the less-experienced users found this procedure too difficult. So we've listened to feedback and decided that instead of a C11.3.12 Update, we will start everyone off afresh with a brand new Commando 12 Image! FTA-only. no cams, roms.keys, services, bouquets.

What's new?
    • Latest kernel 2.4.37.7
    • LZMA-UPX compression on the whole image. Over 3.6mb Free Space!
    • 1x and 2x versions (as Image Converter cannot be used on this format)
    • New Add-On packs included for manual install (see the readme in there)
    • New set of Online Add-Ons available for dboxes connected to the web
    • New default DNS (google-public) to help users connect dbox to web!
    • IDE-HDD support is now only for the recommended XFS format
    • IDE-HDD Menu given a serious (tested) makeover by LraiZer
    • New Show / Hide Channel Zapping History toggle under Blue > Blue
    • Fixed bug in Std EPG Mode peculiar to ntl pure region only
    • Fixed bug in Auto Scan housekeeping when plugin Reboot used
    • Un-Install Add-Ons Menu now common to Modules and Goodies
    • Plus all of the features already found in Commando 11.3.11
    • No readme- coz nobody ever reads it anyway...
    Thanks as always to T-C Quality Control Dept (LraiZer and FreddyFr0g) for all their testing, suggestions, and solid input!!
    Ongoing support for Commando 12 will be in the form of simple Manual and/or Online Updates - which will be compatible with both 1x and 2x boxes.

Get them here!!!!

Hidden Content

Enjoy! Cheers- Renwich and PaphosAL Hidden Content

Forgot to mention: Any future Updates for Commando 12 will be here, in this post, guys

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manual Update to version 12.1.2 - 01 March 2010

Fixes:

1) New zapit by Cydine and LraiZer; Fast or BruteForce Scan with VM-style Bouquets now fully compatible with the new Channel Map being introduced UK-wide. (Still works correctly in areas not updated yet, don't worry).

2) Revised cables.xml to grab some missing pr0n channels. (thanks to AlcoholJunkie for the heads-up on this issue)

Instructions- the simplest EVER, included in a readme. This manual update is for you guys who cannot, or will not, connect your C12 dbox to the web. For those who have- just click on 'Online Updates' in the System Menus, and hit the red button!

The updates are compatible for both 1x and 2x boxes. But they are for Commando 12 only, and NOT for peeps still running C11.3.11 or earlier!! Reflash with Commando 12 please, then update...

Hidden Content
    Last edited by PaphosAL; 02-03-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Commando 12 - the final showdown

After the nice Mods have shifted the images into the downloads section (with the release notes from above post, please)- let's keep ALL Commando 12 Feedback contained here in this one thread, please.

Cheers- AL Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Upgraded, but some channels now blank

I've upgraded to the latest version of commando, copied back the VAR folder which I backed up from my dbox before upgrade, copied back the var\bin\emu folder and also var\keys folder to the dbox, but still some channels are blank (which previously were fine)

Any ideas?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Upgraded, but some channels now blank

Hidden Content Originally Posted by pno Hidden Content
    I've upgraded to the latest version of commando, copied back the VAR folder which I backed up from my dbox before upgrade, copied back the var\bin\emu folder and also var\keys folder to the dbox, but still some channels are blank (which previously were fine)
    Any ideas?
    I am suprised the image booted if you copied the whole var folder from a previous imageHidden Content
    you only need to ftp the emu and keys back in not the folders just the files within these folders
    reflash it and start again.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by wiz569 Hidden Content
    First off try keeping your posts all in one thread,it makes it easier to help when we have the full picture Hidden Content

Its not neccessarily the best thing to transfer the whole var folder as there are probably some differences between them,
    having said that try chmod the emu to 755 and see if the rest come on for you.
    Ok Hidden Content

And thanks, that seemed to work Hidden Content

One last thing, I'm unable to access the web interface from my laptop, despite the dbox being connected to my wireless router and me being able to access it from my laptop using ftp.

I'm typing the address of the dbox into firefox/i.e...but page cannot be displayed.

Post Thanks
    Chats

It might not have yweb in the image go to the online addons and see if its there and install it.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by fergalsworld Hidden Content
    I am suprised the image booted if you copied the whole var folder from a previous imageHidden Content
    you only need to ftp the emu and keys back in not the folders just the files within these folders
    reflash it and start again.
    I skipped any file which it wanted to overwrite, so everything should be intact.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Commando 12 - Update alert

Yes- yWeb is in the manual Add-Ons pack included, or can be dowloaded and installed for you if your box is online.

No- you DON'T copy the whole /var backup across- you'll wreck the Image!! Just extract 'certain' files you might need, hint hint, cough cough, FFS!

Hidden Content

New Update news in post #1 above, fellas! Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Just isntalled it and got it all running must say very nice well worth the time upgrading. EPG is great and no problems at all and has some very nice little touches too
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world

Post Thanks
    Chats

Looks good. But I can't find the settings for evocamd. I can see the blue > extras > softcam selection but I can't find the actual settings for the emu.

In other words, my box is not finding the keys itself - I had to manually create and edit the Keylist.txt file myself (which did not exist before).

Any advice?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Lol yes I've added evocamd (and mgcamd which doesn't work either).

Have added the keys which used to work before the recent service mixaround.

Area is Leicester, service scan has picked up all the channels I used to have and they are all working after I manually added the Keylist.txt.

Have changed CHMOD of evocamd to 755. Should I do this for Keylist.txt too?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Sorry, reading my original post I don't think I've described the problem accurately.

The cams are installed properly and are viewable on the blue > extras > softcam menu.

From this menu I can switch them on/off.

However, I don't know how to change the cam settings. For example, Autoroll (on/off) etc. How do I access this menu?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Ok I deleted all files in the keys folder, and also the emus. Replaced them with new ones from the real_magic file downloaded from the web.

It is all working fine, although I still cannot see a Keylist.txt file that evocamd is supposed to create?

But I'm not complaining Hidden Content thanks for your help mate, much appreciated!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by anonymouse Hidden Content
    Ok I deleted all files in the keys folder, and also the emus. Replaced them with new ones from the real_magic file downloaded from the web.

It is all working fine, although I still cannot see a Keylist.txt file that evocamd is supposed to create?

But I'm not complaining Hidden Content thanks for your help mate, much appreciated!

Try a reboot m8, then see if one is there !!
    .................................................. .................................................. .
    LIFE`S A BITCH .......... THEN YOU DIE !!

NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY.... NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Fixes:

1) New zapit by Cydine and LraiZer; Fast or BruteForce Scan with VM-style Bouquets now fully compatible with the new Channel Map being introduced UK-wide. (Still works correctly in areas not updated yet, don't worry).

2) Revised cables.xml to grab some missing pr0n channels. (thanks to AlcoholJunkie for the heads-up on this issue)

Instructions- the simplest EVER, included in a readme. This manual update is for you guys who cannot, or will not, connect your C12 dbox to the web. For those who have- just click on 'Online Updates' in the System Menus, and hit the red button!

The updates are compatible for both 1x and 2x boxes. But they are for Commando 12 only, and NOT for peeps still running C11.3.11 or earlier!! Reflash with Commando 12 please, then update...

Latest Manual update now available for download in post #1 above Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Commando 12 - Update alert

Hidden Content Originally Posted by PaphosAL Hidden Content
    Yes- yWeb is in the manual Add-Ons pack included, or can be dowloaded and installed for you if your box is online.

No- you DON'T copy the whole /var backup across- you'll wreck the Image!! Just extract 'certain' files you might need, hint hint, cough cough, FFS!

Hidden Content

New Update news in post #1 above, fellas! Hidden Content
    Pap, where do you get 'certain' files you might need please?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Commando 12 - Update alert

Hidden Content Originally Posted by leeboyo Hidden Content
    Pap, where do you get 'certain' files you might need please?
    Google mercs.us and look for the real magic files.
    D I S C LA I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

But from a C12 tar backup of the complete /var partition stored on your puter, you'd be particularly interested in using WinRAR to extract the files in:

/var/bin/emu/
    /var/keys/
    /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/

Assuming the image was running all the bells and whistles when the backup was created.

Cheers- AL Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by PaphosAL Hidden Content
    The trouble with the Commando 11.3 release last August was that it didn't have the scripts and menus for Online / Manual Updates, an idea that didn't ocurr to us until two months later.
    Which meant this stuff had to be added manually (in the form of an Upgrade tarball), then installed via a Telnet session, to get the image to 11.3.07 standard.
    A lot of the less-experienced users found this procedure too difficult. So we've listened to feedback and decided that instead of a C11.3.12 Update, we will start everyone off afresh with a brand new Commando 12 Image! FTA-only. no cams, roms.keys, services, bouquets.

What's new?
    • Latest kernel 2.4.37.7
    • LZMA-UPX compression on the whole image. Over 3.6mb Free Space!
    • 1x and 2x versions (as Image Converter cannot be used on this format)
    • New Add-On packs included for manual install (see the readme in there)
    • New set of Online Add-Ons available for dboxes connected to the web
    • New default DNS (google-public) to help users connect dbox to web!
    • IDE-HDD support is now only for the recommended XFS format
    • IDE-HDD Menu given a serious (tested) makeover by LraiZer
    • New Show / Hide Channel Zapping History toggle under Blue > Blue
    • Fixed bug in Std EPG Mode peculiar to ntl pure region only
    • Fixed bug in Auto Scan housekeeping when plugin Reboot used
    • Un-Install Add-Ons Menu now common to Modules and Goodies
    • Plus all of the features already found in Commando 11.3.11
    • No readme- coz nobody ever reads it anyway...
    Thanks as always to T-C Quality Control Dept (LraiZer and FreddyFr0g) for all their testing, suggestions, and solid input!!
    Ongoing support for Commando 12 will be in the form of simple Manual and/or Online Updates - which will be compatible with both 1x and 2x boxes.

Get them here!!!!

Hidden Content

Enjoy! Cheers- Renwich and PaphosAL Hidden Content

Forgot to mention: Any future Updates for Commando 12 will be here, in this post, guys

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixes:

Hidden Content
    I hae just bought a Nokia Dbox 2 from Germany, and need to re-image with commando 12.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news cartyf, but I hope you didn't pay much for your Dbox2 because most of them now seem to be dead for free cable, due to most of the updated broadcasts being encrypted in Nagra 3 over most of the country and still expanding.
    Nothing can be done to hack Nagra 3 at the moment, and it seems unlikely to change in the near future!
    If you bought a Satellite Dbox2 that is a different matter, but I think you need a completely different image to Commando 12 for those.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast