Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: How to tell a nagra 3 card, the difference ?

Just had a quick read through this thread and here's some actual facts.

1. 3.7 does not mean your on nagra 3.

2. No one in the current areas that have received a new card is able to use any-kind of mosc, funcard, dreambox, dbox etc... To clear any channels.

3. It has not actually been confirmed by anyone that they have actually implemented Nagra 3.

4. Thomson, you haven't received a new card, so your defo on old encryption.

I try not to get dragged into these sort of debates, but what I have posted are actual facts. I'll eat my words if you can post actual evidence that I'm wrong Hidden Content
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

thats the point though, who has got a new card out of all the millions who subscribe to virgin tv ? i dont know anyone at all apart from the usual grapvine stuff ya hear on the internet that is not always the best way to get info.

and as far as that guys making out, hes keeping insisting that you will need a new box too, hmmm, i dunno, i cant get hold of the guy to ask him more questions, hes usually online late at night/early morn.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by thomson Hidden Content
    thats the point though, who has got a new card out of all the millions who subscribe to virgin tv ? i dont know anyone at all apart from the usual grapvine stuff ya hear on the internet that is not always the best way to get info.
    and as far as that guys making out, hes keeping insisting that you will need a new box too, hmmm, i dunno, i cant get hold of the guy to ask him more questions, hes usually online late at night/early morn.
    Thomson, there is no current hack or even a way to card share with the new cards. When and if somekind of hack does come out it will be all over the forums, do not go buying any kind of receiver from a trader promising it will clear Nagra 3 or whatever it is that they have implemented. All your m8 is telling you is pure speculation based on hearsay and no actual facts. Hidden Content

Anyway that's my final word in this thread as I've got a 10mile training run in the morning Hidden Content
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

just asked a few friends who live in different parts of the UK if they actually know for fact someone who has been sent out a new virgin card, and they all said no, apart from one guy who said he knows one person in leeds, thats all.

And the other thing that is seemingly accurate info is that nagra3 wont work on older style pace boxs, i dont know for sure about that though, i would imagine that it wont work on them old boxs.

So virgin will be dipping deep into they'r already empty pockets to send millions of new cards out and/or updated boxs, which seems unlikley, not impossible, just a bit unlikley, well in the short term anyway.

(p.s, who says i was thinking about buying a new box ? iam not.)

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thomson, your stopping me getting my beauty sleep Hidden Content

apart from one guy who said he knows one person in leeds, thats all.
    That guy has confirmed it to you and there's plenty of posts about Leeds around the forums.

And the other thing that is seemingly accurate info is that nagra3 wont work on older style pace boxs, i dont know for sure about that though, i would imagine that it wont work on them old boxs.
    So virgin will be dipping deep into they'r already empty pockets to send millions of new cards out and/or updated boxs, which seems unlikley, not impossible, just a bit unlikley, well in the short term anyway.
    Like I said, no one has confirmed its actually Nagra 3, so the older boxes might be fine.

(p.s, who says i was thinking about buying a new box ? iam not.)
    I didn't say you was, I was simply advising you in general as your m8 is saying you need a new box.

Post Thanks
    Chats

This much i can tell you m8 pace 1000s and 2000s dont seem to handle 3.7 upgrade sammys seem fine SV5s are ok after a factory reset and new scan etc.Im told Dboxes have gone down on the 3.7 update also local to me.I dont know if there is a remedy for any of those boxes not heard of anything yet.
    PLEASE, support this charity Help for Heroes
    If this post has helped you please hit the thanks button below ty

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by DessertDog Hidden Content
    This much i can tell you m8 pace 1000s and 2000s dont seem to handle 3.7 upgrade sammys seem fine SV5s are ok after a factory reset and new scan etc.Im told Dboxes have gone down on the 3.7 update also local to me.I dont know if there is a remedy for any of those boxes not heard of anything yet.
    ye mate, the old paces wont handle it, but what baffles me is my area is 3.7 and my dreambox is fine, yet as you say, some Dbox's in other areas have went off, strange, but i see that with a new box/card flash most are all working again, not sure about Dbox's though.

i know one guy with a Dbox who is in a 3.7 area, i will ask him later if its still ok.

Post Thanks
    Chats

A load of channels went off on my dbox earlier in the week and a re scan got them back. No one apart from leeds has had the cards sent to them but they will be in the post very soon then it will be lights out for everyone until the gods that be try to beat it again maybe it will happen maybe it wont. No one knows yet for sure we will just have to wait and see. Only thing that we can say our time is running out we all know that and anyone who says any different is on the bottle or something stronger!
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!

Be the change you want to see in the world

Post Thanks
    Chats

just asked a few friends who live in different parts of the UK if they actually know for fact someone who has been sent out a new virgin card, and they all said no, apart from one guy who said he knows one person in leeds, thats all.
    I assure you my good man the new cards are very real and have been sent out to all leeds,york and harrogate subscribers.I know this as fact as i and many ppl have them.Whether it is n3 or not who knows.All i know is the (modded)boxes in these areas are with no premium channels.Has been covered many a time but once again in the stream is 1841 which appears to be the new implementation/encryption and the cards are very much rom 180.I know seeing is beleiving but all i can say is i beleive as iv'e seen!!..
    Last edited by fergalsworld; 31-01-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Fixed missing quote code

Post Thanks
    Chats

i will wait till i see it too, they better (virgin) have taken a massive loan out to supply all these cards and boxs to replace old cards and old box's (pace box's), for a company i last heard is in massive debt troubles they are doing brilliant, maybe celtic should sign up they'r board of directors, Hidden Content , they need them. Hidden Content

on the serious side, i know only one single person in the whole of the UK that has a new virgin card, and even at that, its a friend of a friend, so me personally dont know anyone who has been sent a new card, and as i said in previous post, i have mates over different areas of UK and they dont know anyone either, theres no doubt that some areas will have new cards and box's (to renew old pace boxs etc) , wish they would just get on with the dam thing if they are, Hidden Content .

Post Thanks
    Chats

can i just add,been on the phone to virgin to upgrade dads package. they told me on the phone to expect a new card before end year.i asked what and why this was needed,he replied "to stop fraud" no box mentioned,just card,this is for merseyside
    u know me,i like free tv

Wod's September quiz winner keverly19's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

attention Re: How to tell a nagra 3 card, the difference ?

Well i must admit i've enjoyed reading the posts in this thread but can someone please answer the original question? What do the new cards actualy look likeHidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by keverly19 Hidden Content
    Well i must admit i've enjoyed reading the posts in this thread but can someone please answer the original question? What do the new cards actualy look likeHidden Content
    piccie taken from vermins home page, its white on the back with black writing and gold chip

Hidden Content
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by berley Hidden Content
    piccie taken from vermins home page, its white on the back with black writing and gold chip

Hidden Content

ive got one of those and had it for ages ,i had a problem months ago with water in the cable box outside my house and foned them the engineer came out to check my box and thto it was the card he changed it to one of them but later found it it was water in line and had to get it emtied and then boosted up when i said i had the new card no one belived me Hidden Content
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats

I also have had a blank one for a year or more they have been about for ages
    PLEASE, support this charity Help for Heroes
    If this post has helped you please hit the thanks button below ty

Post Thanks
    Chats

A friend got his this morning, Leyton, east london
    N3 and software version 3.7, Rom revision 180 and Eeprom revision is Mer000
    the end is nigh Hidden Content
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

2-3 weeks tops!!.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by thesparky Hidden Content
    A friend got his this morning, Leyton, east london
    N3 and software version 3.7, Rom revision 180 and Eeprom revision is Mer000
    the end is nigh Hidden Content
    as far as ive heard from guys in the buisness, this new nagra 3 wont work on the older pace boxs, so that means that all my friends that have the pace boxs will have to have them upgraded too, i will beleive that when i see it, Hidden Content .

Post Thanks
    Chats

attention Re: How to tell a nagra 3 card, the difference ?

hi there thought i would add my opinion here,yesterday i done an original card issued 8 weeks ago in glasgow when reading the card with xncs it sais the card is n1 so how i c it is no way are they going to n3 just now vm will loose so much money with this they will fold as people will switch to s*y who offer better value for money with packages and other services with full subscription,if they were going to swith so soon after this card was issued then i think i would have got it then,what they mite do is change card encoding and card data to try n stop the fraud if anyone knows for certain that its n3 and has proof speak up

Post Thanks
    Chats

Talking Re: How to tell a nagra 3 card, the difference ?

Hidden Content Originally Posted by smaloney09 Hidden Content
    hi there thought i would add my opinion here,yesterday i done an original card issued 8 weeks ago in glasgow when reading the card with xncs it sais the card is n1 so how i c it is no way are they going to n3 just now vm will loose so much money with this they will fold as people will switch to s*y who offer better value for money with packages and other services with full subscription,if they were going to swith so soon after this card was issued then i think i would have got it then,what they mite do is change card encoding and card data to try n stop the fraud if anyone knows for certain that its n3 and has proof speak up
    yea mate, we just need to wait and see, no big deal, everyone has had thier moneys worth from virgin hacked tv boxs and modems and stuff for the past 12+ years, so even when it does go down the plughole then its not a big deal.

and yes your correct on the sky v virgin deals, i would say that sky defo has better tv and telephone deals than virgin just now no probs at all, but virgin still lead the line in broadband unless ofcourse you live right next to a telephone exchange then sky broadband is just as good and sometimes better.

Ive already took steps to drop a lot of my add on packs with virgin and thinking seriously about canceling altogether, only thing holding me is the broadband like i said.

good first post mate, Hidden Content .Hidden Content

(edit: customer service with both companies is the worst ive ever experienced in my life with any company, thats one of the biggest problems with both firms, dont know whos worse, Hidden Content , sad thing is though, theres no competition, so we have to grin and bare it, willy wonkers they are, grrrrrrrrrrr..)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast