Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

attention The real tutorial! 2100 uncovered( I think!)

I am creating this thread because I personally dont think people really know how difficult this really is! Firstly you need some tools for the trade.
    1. an unlooper, you cant just write over an old card because you need to unlock the card I made this mistake by thinking i could just write over my old card.
    Powersync for around ?30
    Hidden Content
    Dual unlooper for ?40
    Hidden Content
    There is plenty of them out there to choose from but ensure you have a power supply and the correct lead to go with them.
    2. Phoenix Programmer. Needs our standard serial port extension cable and a USB printer cable to provide power. Sells for around ?15.
    Hidden Content
    3. Universal JTAG Interface ?10
    Hidden Content
    4.Sammy POGO cable ?10 (easyier option saves soldering)
    Hidden Content
    5. Parallel Printer / Serial Modem Extension Cable 6ft (1.8m) DB25 Male - DB25 Female ?3-4 on ebay
    Hidden Content
    6. DB9 Pin Female - Male RS232 Serial Lead Extension Cable ?2 on ebay
    Hidden Content
    7.Parallel Port PCI Printer I/O Card. some ot the newer pc's dont have this ?10-15
    Hidden Content
    Stage 2 once you have spent all you hard earned cash on all your gear!
    1. First to unloop the card you use winexplorer 5.4 and run the rom 10 or 11 unlocker script
    Hidden Content
    you need to adjust the pot which is a small screw, but more than likely you will get all the tutorials with the unlooper. Once the card has been unlooped you will hear a series of beeps come from your computer. While it is unlooping you will see bunches or random numbers going through the winexplorer window.
    Also you can use an app called BoxGetPC2 to retreive the bk and ird from the card before unlooping i think, correct me if im wrong, none the less you need to unloop the card full stop.
    2. Getting the bk and ird from the 2100c if the info is not on the card you will need the pogo and an app called bke2.2.
    Hidden Content
    when you run this app you choose jtag on the tab and it will bring up this screen. Once you got this screen you will need to select samsung 2100davic (nt*) or 2100 Ex@Cw this ex tele.
    once you have selected the right area on bke2.2 then you need the correct bytes for you area. Go to top of the app and you will see tools, jtag, edit config 1. put the correct bytes in this section and save it. you will have to google around to get the latest bytes here are some anyway!
    Also you need to install MAC_MOT driver, it comes with the bke2.2 download.
    excw 3_2B
    0x00942d24 8
    excw 3_3B
    0x00974c70 8
    or
    0x009b5290 8
    or
    0x00f6a930 8
    excw 3_5B
    0x0086b9a0 8
    or
    0x008abfc0 8
    or
    0x00f69f60 8
    or
    0x00f69af8
    Excw 3.6
    0x008D6284
    pure 3_2L & 3_3L
    0x00f6a8a8 8
    pure 3_5L
    0x0086b6b0 8
    or
    0x008adcd0 8
    or
    0x00f69af8 8
    Pure 3.6
    0x00895934
    IRD for all
    0x20020004 4
    Pinched these from ronster:
    New byte location for 3.7 CW
    BK 0x008FFE38
    IRD same as usual 0x20020004
    When you have all the correct info your ready to jtag the box. You will need to power the box on for this to work. You need to connect you jtag to the interface for it to work properly so mine is wired up like this.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    once you have the interface wired to the jtag in the correct order you a ready to connect to the box. there is no colour coding, you just need to get the pogo pins to match the diagrams.
    Once you are ready you need to connect the jtag to the board in the left corner as shown in the picture above. click connect in bke2.2 an voila. If you ird does not start with 3e some thing is not right. Mostly the bytes are incorrect. so keep trying diffrent bytes till you get the corect bk and ird.
    3. If you managed to get the correct bk and ird its down to writing the card. This is done in nagra edit. I use 4.1 coz i have been told its the best.
    If correctly unlooped you can click read card and it will open with no problems. Then it simple if you have an image ready. Just open your image, change bk and ird and write to card. It will tell you if it is sucessfull. All there is to do then is try it. If all the channels are open but you can only view the free channels the bk or ird is wrong. If the channels are still locked you have a bum image. Once you have written the image to card some times you cant login to the card again . DO NOT TRY TO UNLOOP AN UNLOOPED CARD YOU WILL FRY IT LOL! Insted when you have this problem send the dc2 file, this can be selected in nagra edit from the comm tab. once you send this file it will open the card again so you can write or edit it but it will delete the bk and ird. this is why its important to write this down as soon as you get it.
    If this has helped you or if you have anything to add or im talking rubbish feel free to say what you want! Did you know you can add reputation with the scales icon?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: The real tutorial! 2100 uncovered( I think!)

Good grief!
    That seems to be a nicely laid out tut to me, explaining what you need to buy and how to use it. I am sure that will be helpful to a lot of technical peeps on here, to get started.
    Unfortunately for me I am not one of them. Not my fault, I just have a problem with short term memory on long tec instructions (bit thick). Hidden Content
    As it would only be for me to use, instead of buying the kit I would be better off paying someone else to do it for me. That's my usual way of getting round things, I might not learn anything, but at least it works and I don't set the house on fire either, which is a definite bonus! Hidden Content Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: The real tutorial! 2100 uncovered( I think!)

Yes probley better off paying some one else, "hint hint" Hidden Content !
    I got so much greif with this gear but now its all setup i dont have to do any work at all m8. Just connect to the box voila, bk and ird. Then enter it into the nagra edit and write a card, Iv not yet included how to change the net id, but as im in an nt* pure area all i did was short the battery on the board with a paperclip and plugged it back in with a live feed and it just auto updated and changed its self. There is tutorials on how to do it with a funcard and programmer but I havent got that far yet! Just trying to make it a little clearer to all the people!