Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Funcard gone down

Hidden Content Originally Posted by fergalsworld Hidden Content
    Those files are for the 3.7 boxes only, go into the eng menu if you are on 3.6 or lower they wont work you need the other version which is in the downloads
    also check the expiry dates in your ext.
    what is a 3.7 box? Is it the hardware? My one is showing as p1.6. If its the hardware, can how can I upgrade to 3.7. Please help.

Post Thanks
    Chats

I hope I didn't asked a difficult question?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by snowy Hidden Content
    what is a 3.7 box? Is it the hardware? My one is showing as p1.6. If its the hardware, can how can I upgrade to 3.7. Please help.
    3.7 is the firmware your cable box will be running if your area is ready to roll out nagra 3.
    some area's have it and some dont, if your area hasnt upgraded to 3.7 then you Cant upgrade the box yourself.
    if your area "has" upgraded, and your box has'nt, then you must have some sort off no update mod done to it or you have'nt had the box connected to the stream.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by snowy Hidden Content
    I hope I didn't asked a difficult question?
    Hidden Content , not at all snowy, rather the opposite, thats why many havnt bothered to answer

remove the power from your box, then press and hold the up and down buttons, (on a pace its the 2 middle button of the 4 cluster)
    whilst holding put the power back in and wait for the diag to load, this is commonly known as the eng menu or the engineers menu

as each box is slightly different the page will be different, just press the right button (>) of the 4 cluster <^v>

just tested it on a 2000T box

page 2 of 17

you will find "Code Release Version"

on this 2000 box i have "P2-3_6_15_Know_P16"

so i have P2 which is the box, P2=2000, if you had a 1000 box it would be P1 or even P1b for a phase 1b

the next is 3_6 this is the software revision, so im on 3.6

i hope this helps
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by fergalsworld Hidden Content
    Those files are for the 3.7 boxes only, go into the eng menu if you are on 3.6 or lower they wont work you need the other version which is in the downloads
    also check the expiry dates in your ext.
    Files work on 3.6 and 3.7 i have an atmega and a mate has fun both running updated hex in 3.6 pure.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by windy1603 Hidden Content
    and a mate has fun both running updated hex in 3.6 pure.
    the hex will be ok on 3.6. and the fix for the 3.7 fun hex may well work on 3.6.
    Are you saying you tried the old fun hex files and they work on 3.7 ? or am i reading your post wrong ?

Post Thanks
    Chats

info Re: Funcard gone down

My fun cards had all gone down the other day on the 8th Jan with the latest fun3_7 fix, and I was getting error messages I was getting was "Card not inserted", "card not paired".This was alos on my cousins and two friends boxes that I had done just before christmas.

What I found on doing various searches was this:-

For External Eep- Using Toxic 6
    Cam Id - enter any cam id starting with 27
    IRD- Enter this backwards
    Box key-Enter this forwards

Save above as external eep
    Latest flash by shani

Write to Card, All boxes now working ok on 3_7 in sunny Bournemouth, with no eroor messages. I hope that may be of help.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by john0745 Hidden Content
    the hex will be ok on 3.6. and the fix for the 3.7 fun hex may well work on 3.6.
    Are you saying you tried the old fun hex files and they work on 3.7 ? or am i reading your post wrong ?

No running 3.7 fix flash on box with 3.6 software

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by thesparky Hidden Content
    Hidden Content , not at all snowy, rather the opposite, thats why many havnt bothered to answer

engineer menu

page 2 of 17

you will find "Code Release Version"

on this 2000 box i have "P2-3_6_15_Know_P16"

so i have P2 which is the box, P2=2000, if you had a 1000 box it would be P1 or even P1b for a phase 1b

the next is 3_6 this is the software revision, so im on 3.6

i hope this helps
    thesparky
    Many thanks for taking the time to reply back with step by step guide. it was helpful.

my code release version say: P1.build 53.25h.CR1

my box is pace 1000.

My question how can I upgrade the my version to 3.7, so that I can use the new fix.

I will appreciate your help, thesparky.

regards

Post Thanks
    Chats

as its a 1000 box open it up and look at the simm, it should have 4 chips on it, if two were remove you will see two empty spaces where the atmels went, hopefully they are just lifted on one side, if so post back and i will post on how to do that
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hi my fun card has gone down in leic.
    Do i need to rewrite card with new keys?
    Im on version 3.7 i believe!

Post Thanks
    Chats

yes, depending on how it was made, but you can just read the card and save the files,

what i would do:
    read the card and save the Exteep and flash files, (well prob save all 3 Hidden Content )

save each as their name IE call the exteep file exteep and so on

so with our new exteep.hex file we swap that to .bin, using swapbinhex to give us a exteep.bin file

now open nagra edit 4.1 and open the exteep.bin file, this will load the image as a rom10 image, click on the standard tiers and check the dates are ok,

once your happy they are we can just close nagra edit or if you have altered anything save the file as newexteep.bin (use save as allfiles)

now detect the fun card to show it as a prussian 2 card and load the newexteep.bin file into the exteep and the new flash file in the flash memory, write the card

turn the box off and put the card in, boot the box and wait for 5 minutes, a way to pass the time is to go to a fta channel like 103, and then flick to 511, using the "back" button click between the two channels until it comes on

make sure your camid isnt 00 00 00 00
    if you cant find the detail in the exteep file then look in the flash using atmega boxkey reader

if you want to real lazy way (but if the details of the box are in the flash you will lose them, so make sure you have them first)

detect the card and then load the new aufun file to flash and write card
    D I S C L A I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thx i have the new files off here and also have my box no and card no so think i will just do it the easy way Hidden Content .
    ill let you know how it goes thx for fast help .

Post Thanks
    Chats

yes, depending on how it was made, but you can just read the card and save the files,

what i would do:
    read the card and save the Exteep and flash files, (well prob save all 3 Hidden Content )

save each as their name IE call the exteep file exteep and so on

so with our new exteep.hex file we swap that to .bin, using swapbinhex to give us a exteep.bin file

now open nagra edit 4.1 and open the exteep.bin file, this will load the image as a rom10 image, click on the standard tiers and check the dates are ok,

once your happy they are we can just close nagra edit or if you have altered anything save the file as newexteep.bin (use save as allfiles)

now detect the fun card to show it as a prussian 2 card and load the newexteep.bin file into the exteep and the new flash file in the flash memory, write the card

turn the box off and put the card in, boot the box and wait for 5 minutes, a way to pass the time is to go to a fta channel like 103, and then flick to 511, using the "back" button click between the two channels until it comes on

make sure your camid isnt 00 00 00 00
    if you cant find the detail in the exteep file then look in the flash using atmega boxkey reader

if you want to real lazy way (but if the details of the box are in the flash you will lose them, so make sure you have them first)

detect the card and then load the new aufun file to flash and write card

Ok i just programmed my card using toxic to make ex eep and used the new flash files off here.
    The card has been in the box for over 5 mins but all i seem to have is the free to view channels.
    I have just realised i left the cam id as 00000000 as i have always done previous would this make a difference ?

Post Thanks
    Chats

leaving the camid at 00 00 00 00 gives a smartcard error normally

what you want to do is open that toxic image and check the dates, rights and expire date in the standard tiers, if you not sure just post the number in rights and expire and we can convert it
    D I S C L A I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

leaving the camid at 00 00 00 00 gives a smartcard error normally

what you want to do is open that toxic image and check the dates, rights and expire date in the standard tiers, if you not sure just post the number in rights and expire and we can convert it

I deleted the card and made a new eep so will i be able to get that info now?

Post Thanks
    Chats

have you got your ird and bk or have you just deleted everything, (grab it back out of the recycle bin)

how did you make a working exteep with toxic if you dont have the ird or bk

lastely what box is it
    D I S C L A I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

have you got your ird and bk or have you just deleted everything, (grab it back out of the recycle bin)

how did you make a working exteep with toxic if you dont have the ird or bk

lastely what box is it
    I have the ird and box key there written on the box in pen.
    Its a pace ntl box model no d14010-n
    shall i pm you the ird etc?

Post Thanks
    Chats

why dont you upload the image to a file sharing site, loads free out there, something like mediafire.com

then pm the download link and ill look over the image and post what if anything is wrong with it
    D I S C L A I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

why dont you upload the image to a file sharing site, loads free out there, something like mediafire.com

then pm the download link and ill look over the image and post what if anything is wrong with it

Your pm box is full!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast