Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Exclamation Need help with my Wii

I have a wii which was chipped when I got it, I don?t know what chip is in it and don?t know how to find out, until now it has played all games but it does not play the new games grand slam/tiger woods 10 and other new games it recognises the disc but press start and the screen goes black, I do not know anything about adding software or chip updates I am really looking for some who could tell me what is best and who could fix it for me, the only way I could do it is if I had a step by step guide for DUMMIES because that is me! can anyone please help me?
    woodbine!

Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Need help with my Wii

not sure i can help on this one ,but ill try?there is no real way to tell you what chip is inside that i know off,am sure youll have to open it up and see ,it could be a number of different ones and some of them only need an update from where it came from others have to be removed and new firm ware put on ,some are easy and no problem you could have a look at these posts to see if it will help you Hidden Content
    Last edited by notanotherone; 20-07-2009 at 04:43 PM.
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats

There is a post about this have a look m8
    PLEASE, support this charity Help for Heroes
    If this post has helped you please hit the thanks button below ty

Post Thanks
    Chats

Just to let you know I got the sports resort with motion plus when I was in asda on Saturday and it updated the wii,now all new games which I had with the update removed also work!
    One last question I read somewhere that you can make a legal back-up copy of your game is this true or not and if so how do I do it? as this game cost so much and my grand children are so rough with the discs I don?t want it all scratched in case it stops working,
    Once again thank you for your help!

Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats

1. Step 1
      Find a DVD-ROM drive that is specifically designed to backup Wii games. One high quality and inexpensive drive capable of backing up Wii games is the LG GDR-8164B, which can be found at ConsoleSource.com for a reasonable price. Other compatible drives are the LG-8163b, the LG-8162b and the LG-8161b. It is crucial that you purchase the correct drive. otherwise the backup process will not work properly.
    2. Step 2
      Install the drive onto your computer following manufacturer's instructions. Once this is complete you need to download the following software applications: Raw dump 2.0, net Framework 2.0 and WinRar.
    3. Step 3
      Complete the installation process for the applications. Right click on the Rawdump.rar icon and select "Extract to rawdump2.0\" in order to make a desktop folder called "Rawdump."
    4. Step 4
      Insert your Wii game into the LG drive you installed. Once the game is in the drive, double click the "Rawdump" folder on your desktop. After the folder has opened, double click the Rawdump.exe icon to initiate the process.
    5. Step 5
      Watch for Rawdump to open an interface window in which one option is "Start Dump." Select the "Start Dump" option and sit back and relax, as the process can take up to a few hours.
    6. Step 6
      Check the size of the file created once the dump is complete. Do this by opening the directory that contains the Rawdump.exe file. You will find your dump file labeled with the name of the game and a .ISO extension. Right click the ISO file, choose properties and check the file size. The file size should be exactly 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes). If there is any deviation from this norm the dump process did not complete properly and needs to be redone.
    7. Step 7
      Open a DVD/CD burning software such as Nero. If, like Nero, the software automatically opens a "Create disc" dialog, cancel out of it so that you can begin the process manually. Choose a "Burn disc" option in the burn software and select the ISO image that you dumped into your Rawdump directory. Begin burning at a relatively slow speed for your first try.

Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Also from a modded wii you can install wii disc dumper and use that

Wii disc dumper - v1.2 by nitrotux

Dump DVD Simple, DVD Double Layer & DVD Game Cube

This is the first Wii-mode disc dumper (source included) that dumps to the Wii's front-SD. A SD gecko is not required at all.

First install the ios5.wad using WAD manager.

WARNING: Installing WAD files is dangerous and might permanently brick your Wii. Only do this if you know what you are doing.
    I take no responsibility if you brick your Wii.

Then simply run the wiidumpsd.dol file and start dumping to SD.

Dump however many parts is required for the Disc type present in drive. There are not very many DL Wii game discs out there.

> copy /b 0.bin + 1.bin + 2.bin wii.iso

A Button - Starts Dumping with specified disc type/part size/part number parameters.
    B Button - Sets Disc type. (Wii SL DVD, Wii DL DVD, Gamecube DVD)
    1 Button - Sets Part number. (3 parts for Wii SL DVD, 6 parts for Wii DL DVD, 1 part for Gamecube DVD)
    (Assumes 1500 MiB part size. Double for 750, and Quadruple for 375.)
    2 Button - Sets Part size. (1500 MiB, 750MiB, 375MiB).
    + Button - If holding, A button benchmarks DVD drive according to the parameters.
    - Button - If holding, A button benchmarks SD card by Writing a 10 MiB file to it.
    Currently, you need to time these benchmarks yourself.

dl:

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thank you very much Hidden Content I have printed out what you said and will take time to read it and try to understand it if need be I will get back to you, Once again thank you for being so helpful!Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

As you stated in ur 1st post that the wii is already chipped and able to play backups,if you don`t want to go to the hassle of backing up ur own copy you could either download a copy from the usual places or get one from where you got the rest of ur games.

Regards

Stu

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by stewartthemole Hidden Content
    As you stated in ur 1st post that the wii is already chipped and able to play backups,if you don`t want to go to the hassle of backing up ur own copy you could either download a copy from the usual places or get one from where you got the rest of ur games.
    Regards
    Stu

Hi Stu thank you for your reply, the person I got them from is no longer doing them and I don?t know anyone else,I don?t know where the usual places are to download or if they are safe as I have never done it before and would not know were to start unless someone told me how to do it and I believe you cant ask for help by posting(I believe I could get barred) I hope this reply is OK and fingers crossed I wont get into trouble.

Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Yea mentioning off illegal downloads is forbidden.

il pm you woodbine

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Collider Hidden Content
    Yea mentioning off illegal downloads is forbidden.

il pm you woodbine
    thank you for you pm but not sure what you mean I cant reply not enough posts!

Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats

were allways willing to help and give you a gentle push in the right direction dont be afraid to ask ,if your not to sure about something go to the shout box and ask if someone can help ,you dont need to say wot it is as someone will allways answer your posts
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hi, I have to say Hidden Content to everyone as you are all so helpful Hidden Content I have used the shout board i like it is very quick!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by woodbine Hidden Content
    I don?t know where the usual places are to download or if they are safe as I have never done it before and would not know were to start unless someone told me how to do it and I believe you cant ask for help by posting(I believe I could get barred) I hope this reply is OK and fingers crossed I wont get into trouble.
    Hiya woodbine, if you read the red sticky posts in this section it gives you a pretty good walkthrough on how to use newsgroups, you'll find loads of games on newsgroups

Hidden Content
    gяσωιηg σℓ∂ ιѕ мαη∂αтσяу; gяσωιηg υρ ιѕ σρтισηαℓ.
    If you would like to help with the running costs of the site click below

Hidden Content
    Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh!t

Post Thanks
    Chats

thank you and Hidden Content
    I will print them all out and take them with me to read later,

Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats

woodbine going to pm you some stuff to get you started

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content so much for all your help I will send you a pm as soon as I can, I will soon be doing Hidden Content Thanks to you & everyone else!

Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Im always glad to help as long as you return the favour on the forum somewhere at some point Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thank you Collider I will help anyone anyway I can Hidden Content

Best wishes to nic and kids Hidden Content
    Last edited by woodbine; 05-08-2009 at 06:39 PM.