Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

burning wii images

whats the best program and media to burn a wii image, at present i'm using imgburn and taiyo yuden discs but my wii doesn't like the disc

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: burning wii images

* LG-8164b
    * LG-8163b
    * LG-8162b
    * LG-8161b
    make sure you have one of the above drives.....then nero will do the job just fine

Post Thanks
    Chats

If i remember correctly if you burn the discs at 4x then they work fine any faster and then you get problems. I may be wrong but a few of my mates have said that you can use any discs but you have to burn them at 4x to get them to work correctly

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by melo4263 Hidden Content
    whats the best program and media to burn a wii image, at present i'm using imgburn and taiyo yuden discs but my wii doesn't like the disc
    as said to backup an original game use a program called "raw dump" and an LG dvd reader drive
    * LG-8164b
    * LG-8163b
    * LG-8162b
    * LG-8161b

either model will work and will produce an iso file in about 3 hours

this then gives you an iso file, iso files can also be downloaded from various utorrent site

so which ever way you get your iso which is an image of the original disc you img burn at x1, as said up to x4 is ok but you will be 100% on a correct burn at x1
    on average an image takes about 30 minutes to burn

once you have your backed up copy of your game (imagine you lost or erased the iso) you can then use img burn to create an image from the already backed up disc using a standard dvd drive

i say img burn as Nero can and does change the byte size and causes the disc to fail

at x1 your pretty sure your getting a proper copy, keep that as your master disc then you can copy from that at x4, that way if the disc is scratched you will always have a copy ready

as for media i prefer the Data Write DVD-R Mach4 red disc, these seem to write first time every time, i did buy some cheap non named disc but found 1 in 5 failed and after a few plays you needed to eject the disc for it to load again in the Wii
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!