Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Loss of signal / quality

Like most that I've read in the earliers posts we have been pleased with the great quality that you get with a DAB radio - actually I was impressed. This all happened around the Christmas time, but in the last 6 - 7 weeks I've noticed that over 70% of the stations either struggle to tune or have a bad reception, so bad that you can't use them....one or two have been the same as normal. I accepted this until I overheard a conversation in our office with somebody who lives within a mile of me that is having the same problem and in the same time frame - only 6 - 7 weeks ago, in fact she has reverted back to FM.

I live in the Cheshire / Merseyside area, is anybody else aware of similar problems and why this may have happened. Like I said some stations are still perfect and crystal clear, so I don't think it's my kit.

Thanks Jango
    Hmmmmmmm, found someone you have !

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Loss of signal / quality

i would guess the local DAB QAms are on low power.
    cant quickly find the URL
    but there is a site like [or even maybe] the bbc transmitter service site , that details the current eng works or service limitations going on.

i'd be inclinded to find a site the gives you the tramsmitter statue info before you start adjusting things your way.

dx

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Jango Hidden Content
    Like most that I've read in the earliers posts we have been pleased with the great quality that you get with a DAB radio - actually I was impressed. This all happened around the Christmas time, but in the last 6 - 7 weeks I've noticed that over 70% of the stations either struggle to tune or have a bad reception, so bad that you can't use them....one or two have been the same as normal. I accepted this until I overheard a conversation in our office with somebody who lives within a mile of me that is having the same problem and in the same time frame - only 6 - 7 weeks ago, in fact she has reverted back to FM.

I live in the Cheshire / Merseyside area, is anybody else aware of similar problems and why this may have happened. Like I said some stations are still perfect and crystal clear, so I don't think it's my kit.

Thanks Jango
    Tried to tune in a couple of weekends back myself and couldn't find any channels. Did a search and could only pick up 3-4 channels.

I've got a signal amplifier and its turned all the way up... but still no channels. Dunno what's going on and didn't bother looking it up as I had too much going on. Appreciate you bringing this up.
    Best regards,
    pande_monium

Post Thanks
    Chats

Maybe it's another one of the betamax, HD, Blueray, LP, CD, things going on again, just as you think you have made the right switch to a new technology (well newish) then they decide to pull the plug.
    Hmmmmmmm, found someone you have !

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Jango Hidden Content
    Maybe it's another one of the betamax, HD, Blueray, LP, CD, things going on again, just as you think you have made the right switch to a new technology (well newish) then they decide to pull the plug.
    Oh there's a better version of DAB already on the way which will be able to stream a hell of a lot more information than just music. In the UK, as is usual, we're getting the crappiest DAB available.

BTW - the channales are back. No clue as to why they'd gone.
    Best regards,
    pande_monium