Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: pzapit

Post Thanks
    Chats

pzapit

This is definately one for FreddyFrog, methinks...

I'm trying to work something into the au_enable script so that when g*box is killed, and evocamd is started- pzapit will automatically switch to the next channel UP for a few seconds, then zap back to the previously viewed channel DOWN.

Why? Because after starting evocamd, the current channel freezes after about 20-30 seconds, and a manual channel up/down (or down/up LOL!) is needed to clear it.

I've looked long and hard at all the pzapit command switches via telnet, but I'm boogered if I can spot one that will do this. Help, please!

Cheers- AL

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: pzapit

You can use pzapit to zap to a channel number or a channel name.
    So zaping to a random channel is fine, it's just that zaping back to where ever you were is a bit harder.
    I used to do this
    Code:
    /bin/pzapit -gi | cut -d " " -f1 > /tmp/.zapbackto
    to 'remember' the current channel in the /tmp/.zapbackto file then a
    Code:
    /bin/pzapit -n YOUR_NEW_CHANNEL_NAME
    to zap then a
    Code:
    /bin/pzapit -zi `cat /tmp/.zapbackto`
    to zap back!
    Does it help?

Post Thanks
    Chats

You're a diamond, Freddy! The sequence very nearly works, but falls over at the final fence:

Code:

/var # /bin/pzapit -zi `cat /tmp/.zapbackto`
    /bin/pzapit: symbol lookup error: /bin/pzapit: undefined symbol: _ZN12CZapitClie
    nt15zapTo_serviceIDEy
    /var #
    The contents of .zapbackto read perfectly- xyyyyzzzz (where x=TSid / y=onid / z=Sid)

Any idea what that gobbledegook error message is saying, please? Cheers- AL

Post Thanks
    Chats

Remember having problems with missing symbols with files that were so stripped that they were missing some stuff to work althought you obviously have a working copy of pzapit.... does it work manualy though if you do a /bin/pzapit -zi xyyyyzzzz (where x=TSid / y=onid / z=Sid)
    ?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks for reply, Freddy- I have it sussed, m8. I was testing with your 36kb 7 Day EPG pzapit file, which is where that final pzapit -zi `cat /tmp/.zapbackto` command fell over.

Just re-tested with the standard 23kb pzapit file and- voil?! It works a treat!!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to fix that little bug in the 7 Day version, LOL!

This is the first time I can remember evocamd starting 'on the fly' without that annoying freeze 20-30 seconds later. No more manual channel up/down to clear it, woopee!

Hidden Content

Cheers- AL

Post Thanks
    Chats

God knows where I got that zapit version from then!
    Glad you sorted it out

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by FreddyFr0g Hidden Content
    God knows where I got that zapit version from then!
    Glad you sorted it out
    Well, the plot thickens, Freddy. Running the standard 23kb pzapit instead of the 36kb version issued with your 7 Day EPG kit, I expected to find a maximum of 4 days EPG loaded on my overnight timers.

But, to my pleasant surprise, I have the full 7 Days on all my non-epgfilter channels! I've attached the standard version, in case you get time to look into this further, m8.

Cheers- AL

Post Thanks
    Chats

pzapit had nothing to do with the 7 days EPG.
    sectionsd is the one that do all the hard work!
    I think I might have included pzapit at some point but only for the ones that wanted to implement the onstandby on, zap to the EPG data channel and onstandby off, zap back to the last viewed channel. I remember that you weren't a big fan of that process Hidden Content prefering your daily reboot Hidden Content . I must say, I'm doing daily reboot too now as - I don't know if it's because of my 7 days EPG or not - I found sectionsd unstable after a recording otherwise!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Your method of switching to PVR_EPG channel in dbox Standby mode was nothing short of brilliant, Freddy! A similar switching routine has now done the job of seamlessly restarting evocamd 'on the fly', m8- thanks!

The only reason I opted against the Standby method for your 7 Day EPG was that extensive testing showed that the actual time spent on PVR_EPG channel was critical. Too short, and you don't get the full 7 Days - too long, and it's starts to truncate the data.

After a lot of trial and error, I found that 15 minutes was optimum for me. But this will vary for other peeps, depending on their ratio of channels open to 7 days data, against their junk channels in epgfilter.xml restricted to Now 'n Next epg only. That's why I found a daily set of overnight timers worked best.

Talking of trial and error, LOL! To pzapit by channel name, the correct command syntax is:

pzapit -n "Sky Sports 1"

Note the inverted commas! And the channel name must exactly match what it is in services.xml (including upper/lower case)

Cheers- AL