Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Fed up with Vista gone back to xp

i found too many conflicts with software,blue screens crashes and really slow performance,but i did love the look of it,any decent software for transforming xp,including changing boot screen out there??,

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Fed up with Vista gone back to xp

There are transformation packs around. I've tried a few & none work perfect. Imo I'd stick with the standard xp if u dont like vista. I use ultimate x64 & never had an issue.
    D I S C L A I M E R My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by youngpab Hidden Content
    i found too many conflicts with software,blue screens crashes and really slow performance,but i did love the look of it,any decent software for transforming xp,including changing boot screen out there??,
    stick with xp right now i say.. give vista another year or so just to fix bugz and this also gives it time to sort out any softwere issues

Post Thanks
    Chats

ive been with vista for about 6-8 months now and ive not had 1 problem i think its cool!!!

Post Thanks
    Chats

I work in the industry and although a lot of mates don't recommend Vista, I do. Not one issue yet, you need to ensure your machine is a decent spec, otherwise it will run like crap, always make sure you're above the minimum requirements, I always make sure to max my ram out on all my machines, the more ram the better as far as i'm concerned.
    Also, service pack 1 has been released for Vista, so this may help you. There are also a lot of setting within Vista you can change to help with performance issues, things like changinf display options etc... google it.

As for software and drivers issues relating to Vista, these are caused due to the software/hardware company not being prepared, even though Vista was available for testing over a year before release.

So my advice is move on from XP, beef up your machine and enjoy the delights of Vista Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Why dont you try this XP sidebar which gives the look of Vista

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Vista is a good OS but you need a good computer to get the best out of it.
    after using vista for a while i've gone back to xp 64 I find it just as fast as vista and more compatible with software.
    if you google "Vista transformation pack" you should find what you are looking for !

Post Thanks
    Chats

My daughters lattop has vista its not bad to use for the web and that,,but when it comes to doing any modding or hacking its a nightmare so my trusty xp desktop does the lot and vista does,nt so if ya want to browse the W.W.W use vista but if ya want to do some modding use xp ,,,just my opinion
    Mickyrobbo

Post Thanks
    Chats

There were a few niggling problems which annoyed me with Vista but I managed to live through them. The biggest one was having no up folder button when exploring folders as they've been replaced with this sodding diamond! I'd gotten very used to that in XP.

Saying that I've not regretted sticking with Vista. As solemnknight says, if you haven't got the specs then don't bother, it's not worth the pain.