Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Change your password....

when they started bricking the modems i unplugged my 250 (cloned with freinds 250 mac with forced 20 meg config)
    Anyway i also changed the passwords.
    Its not been in the stream since doing that a few weeks ago and I was wondering if it will get bricked when i plug it in.
    Do i need to disable telnet too?

Post Thanks
    Chats

you do not need to take telnet of that is what the password and username is for m8 so you can get in to your modem and the cc cant so go on plug it in

Post Thanks
    Chats

u can actually type things in.. as soon as u connect ur modem and see things starting to roll in hypterm , u should see a msg that says, press a key to halt boot
    quickly press a few buttons on ur keyboard and it brings u to a command prompt.. not sure if this is the telnet command prompt cos non of these commands work, theyre all unrecognised commands as far as an SB4xxx is concerned i think..

Post Thanks
    Chats

Exclamation Re: Change your password....

Hi, I have a motorola sb5100e, I have fersca x2 on it, do stop it becoming bricked do i just change the username and password from the sihma screen? is that all that is needed?

Drugzter

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hi I've goot a sb4200 witch seems to of bricked. I diddnt even know about modded firmware (by the way its FIBERWARE-V9F4) so was oblivious to keeping up to date with this kind of stuff. Do u think this could be the reason for my issues and if so any tip for re-modding would be aprecciated loads. All I get when I boot form either Usb/Ethernet is static power light and a flashing receive light after it trys to boot and ever so often it trys to re-boot with no joy.

Respected
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by dj-oaksey Hidden Content
    Hi I've goot a sb4200 witch seems to of bricked. I diddnt even know about modded firmware (by the way its FIBERWARE-V9F4) so was oblivious to keeping up to date with this kind of stuff. Do u think this could be the reason for my issues and if so any tip for re-modding would be aprecciated loads. All I get when I boot form either Usb/Ethernet is static power light and a flashing receive light after it trys to boot and ever so often it trys to re-boot with no joy.
    Mac address needs changing,do some reading mate and im sure you will find some answers Hidden Content

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234