Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Exclamation Change your password....

Hi everyone,

You mite of noticed modems have started to go down,all you have to do to stop it becoming bricked s change your username & password........

This is happening in different areas and modems....

Be quick...

cheers

Post Thanks
    Chats

Wink Re: Change your password....

Just too let you know,i successfully done mine using Am(cho)configuration tool and ethernet cable.......

here's the commands to use.......

Connect as normal then do (Note, type this at cm> prompt, NOT at bootloader, definitely not after hitting p at bootloader):

cd \non
    cd msg
    user_name YOURUSERNAME
    password YOURPASSWORD
    write

(then reboot your modem)

(obviously replacing the YOURUSERNAME/YOURPASSWORD values with appropriate ones)

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Change your password....

got this off a forum thank mark,,got my 250 and still running

change the serial numba of the infinite firmware:

power up modem with-out feed just ethernet cable.
    now open hyperterminal and set your settings to:
    connect using = TCP/IP (winsock)
    host address = 192.168.100.1
    port number = 23

and login in with user & pass

then copy and paste the stop scan cmd:

Code:
    cd \cm_hal
    scan_stop

cd /
    cd non-vol
    cd snmp_cm
    docsDevSerialNumber cmxxxxxxxxxxxxx (replace the xxxxxxxxxxxxx with any number u like)
    write

reboot modem. [credit to geeman]

Changing The USB MAC.

port number = 23

and login in with user & pass

Code:
    cd \cm_hal
    scan_stop

now enter the following cmds:

Code:
    cd /
    cd \non-vol/halif
    usb_mac_address 00:11:22:33:44:55
    write

now reboot and that should be it , go check @ Hidden Content
    --------------------------------------------------------
    [example]
    ETH HFC MAC 00:11:22:33:44:55
    USB HFC MAC 00:11:22:33:44:56 *****

***** the last digit on the USB mac is always 1 digit higher or lower than ethernet mac.

Change The Default User & Pass

250configurator will do this or use hyper/t like this.

port number = 23

and login in with default user & pass IE:
    user = Infinite
    pass = SetValue

Code:
    cd \cm_hal
    scan_stop

cd \non
    cd msg
    user_name [new username]
    password [new password]
    write

reboot modem.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by **OVERRIDE** Hidden Content
    Hi everyone,

You mite of noticed modems have started to go down,all you have to do to stop it becoming bricked s change your username & password........

Be quick...

cheers
    i changed mine nearly 12 months ago when i did me 250 its been ok since(touch wood) still up and running with the same mac aswell
    secrets of the dbox >>>Hidden Content

if you find the posts are helpfull....click the thanks button....it dont cost anything

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Magnu420 Hidden Content
    i changed mine nearly 12 months ago when i did me 250 its been ok since(touch wood) still up and running with the same mac aswell
    Yer,seems abit random atm,lets wait and see and hope thats all it is......

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hi,

Not wanting to sound too stupid, which I am, But is HyperTernimal pre installed as part of Vista OS or do I need to download and install that first before trying this?

NMC
    Hidden Content Reality is a state of mind caused by the lack of alcohol Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

never used vista m8,but why dont you look in the same place as xp.......

start/all programs/accessories/communications/hypaterminal

Post Thanks
    Chats

I will try that when i get home tonight, as am currently at work.
    Hidden Content Reality is a state of mind caused by the lack of alcohol Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

I hacked my 250 and my mates 250 at the same time (about 3 month ago) and changed the password at the sametime, last night my mates was working fine "he leaves in on all of the time" this morning he couldn't connect to the net, "he's a tadge IT incompatable" so tried the rebooting of his modem and router but without look.
    When I finished work I went round and couldn't get the modem to give a DHCP IP address to either his router or when connected directly to his PC.
    I brought his modem to my house and couldn't connect via ethernet, so tried the Max232 cable again no look.
    The lights come on and ethernet goes off when the cable is unplugged but still it seems a brick, the max232 works fine as I have flashed another modem tonight with it.
    As a side note, my net was up all day untill around 5 ish, I couldn't connect untill I changes the MAC address not sure if its related but we are only 2 streets apartHidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hi,

Does this only apply to 250 and 255 modems?
    I have a SB5100 and if I try to connect to it using Hyperterminal (which by the way is not included in Vista) I get a series of lines saying it is attempting to download data, or something, at various freqencies. This just continues and does not allow you to type in any of the commands or stop it unless you disconnect the session.

Many thanks,
    NMC

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Not_much_cop Hidden Content
    Hi,
    Not wanting to sound too stupid, which I am, But is HyperTernimal pre installed as part of Vista OS or do I need to download and install that first before trying this?
    NMC
    No mate. Do a search for, and downlod hyperterminal.
    B2B

Post Thanks
    Chats

I have a SB4200 and SB4100 dose anyone know away of changing the user and pass on these models as i have tried the hyperterminal commands for the 250ntl earlier in this post and dosent seem to work

thank you

Cozmo

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thumbs down Re: Change your password....

my modem went down last night and was same 2day cant connect to modem via ethernet not tryed cat cable as of yet as at tech its a sb5101e btw any one no if u can just reflash change mac and change username and p/w and it will work again?
    North belfast btw wish i had of check on here yesterday morning when the warning was posted would have had about 7 hours warning before mine modem went down Hidden Content to bad hope theres a fix soon
    Last edited by tigersbay; 25-10-2007 at 11:27 AM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Angry Re: Change your password....

I live in East london, yesterday virgin internet was not working in my area legit and cloned. I thought they were up to something but was too lazy to turn the clone off. If i had the net i would have checked here and turned it off. Now my sb4200e has been bricked with only the power light on. THIS IS A WARNING FOR PEOPLE listen to this thread.

Is there anything I can do or is the modem fit for the scrap.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thumbs down

My Ntl 250 appears not to connect anymore, - (my subbed one works a treat) it has been down all day since yesterday, when i try to connect to the modem with 192.168.100.10 through ambit config tool it comes up with tcp connection failed ??
    any ideas any one
    i have set the ip to 192.168.100.10
    and gateway to 192.168.100.1

Hidden Content Originally Posted by **OVERRIDE** Hidden Content
    Hi everyone,
    Be quick...
    cheers
    if mine has gone down already is it to late as when i put 192.1686.100.10 in ad bar i get a tcp conection error??
    Last edited by DessertDog; 25-10-2007 at 03:28 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

First off let me say I really don't understand much of what this thread is all about. I have read it and know it is Very serious and am now worried my SB 4200 is in danger of death at any moment. Unfortunately I have no idea what to do about it? Can someone give me a risk factor assessment on this because the only thing I could do at the moment is unplug the modem. If I do that I have no chance of getting a fix for it. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I need to download or google to stop this happening?
    I am surprised there are not a lot more posts in this thread due to it's serious nature and feel it should be made more prominent either as a sticky or a mass pm to all members warning them about it. After all if it happens many members will not be able to get back on here at all for help? I am really worried about this now but don't know what to do so any advice from admin or tecky minded members would be much appreciated. Hidden Content
    Thanks.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Im thinking that a max 232 or blackcat cable may do the trick for the sb4200, any thoughts?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Diablo13 Hidden Content
    First off let me say I really don't understand much of what this thread is all about. I have read it and know it is Very serious and am now worried my SB 4200 is in danger of death at any moment. Unfortunately I have no idea what to do about it? Can someone give me a risk factor assessment on this because the only thing I could do at the moment is unplug the modem. If I do that I have no chance of getting a fix for it. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I need to download or google to stop this happening?
    I am surprised there are not a lot more posts in this thread due to it's serious nature and feel it should be made more prominent either as a sticky or a mass pm to all members warning them about it. After all if it happens many members will not be able to get back on here at all for help? I am really worried about this now but don't know what to do so any advice from admin or tecky minded members would be much appreciated. Hidden Content
    Thanks.
    vm are trying to wipe out the cloned modems but atm the modems whats being hit are the ambit 250's and the 255 what has the infinite software on and the user name and password are set to default ie if you got a 250 with the infinite user id and password they are gonna be hit,ive not heard anything about the surfboards being hit yet cos they use a different type of software(sigma)
    but soon as i hear summat will post and let you know

also i dont know if the modems with stealth firmware has been hit

i hope this helps...
    Last edited by Magnu420; 25-10-2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: added
    secrets of the dbox >>>Hidden Content

if you find the posts are helpfull....click the thanks button....it dont cost anything

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Magnu420 Hidden Content
    vm are trying to wipe out the cloned modems but atm the modems whats being hit are the ambit 250's and the 255 what has the infinite software on and the user name and password are set to default ie if you got a 250 with the infinite user id and password they are gonna be hit,ive not heard anything about the surfboards being hit yet cos they use a different type of software(sigma)
    but soon as i hear summat will post and let you know

i hope this helps...
    ok mate the surfboard have gone of ie 5101e on the same software as the 250 bin file. gutted

Post Thanks
    Chats

@ Magnu420,
    I can't thank you enough for this fast reply. While I now understand why this is happening I do feel a a little temporary relief. We must all realize that if they are doing this with their modems the SB series cannot be far behind, as it is an open secret that they are one of the most adaptable modems around. Yet another reason why WOD is such an important community to be a part of.
    I have been searching for solutions through Google and it seems you need to use Hyperterminal to communicate with your modem. I run Vista x64 and hyperterminal is no longer incorporated in it, but was on XP. If I connect my modem to another rig using XP should I be able to see the modems password settings etc, then? I did not know a modem even had a password, just a mac i.d.
    Well I look forward to your update with bated breath because at least I now know I don't have to immediately sit in the dark, figureatively speaking. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast