Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Change your password....

Cosmo, in that case it could be a fault, thanks for the info

Do they overheat?

Post Thanks
    Chats

I have come across sb4100 and sb4200 that run very warm mine seems to run fairly cool and i have had a sb3100 burn out so yes i would say to a degree that they can overheat

Cozmo

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by 666 Hidden Content
    Change The Default User & Pass
    250configurator will do this or use hyper/t like this.
    power up modem with-out feed just ethernet cable.
    now open hyperterminal and set your settings to:
    connect using = TCP/IP (winsock)
    host address = 192.168.100.1
    port number = 23
    and login in with default user & pass IE:
    user = Infinite
    pass = SetValue
    then copy and paste the stop scan cmd:
    Code:
    cd \cm_hal
    scan_stop
    cd \non
    cd msg
    user_name [new username]
    password [new password]
    write
    reboot modem.
    Ok I read the sticky and kinda got paniced, i done the above to my sb5100i and now thats bricked to hell just from the above, I realise im on sigmax1.06 and maybe shouldnt have done the above to it, i reflashed to modem but alas its still dead (basically it wont get past the receive light). Any info what I need to do to get it working again?

On a plus side i got my sb5101e working on 250hack_dump_telnet, sb5101.mod.10.2.by.fercsa, should i do the above to this modem?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by maoo Hidden Content
    Ok I read the sticky and kinda got paniced, i done the above to my sb5100i and now thats bricked to hell just from the above, I realise im on sigmax1.06 and maybe shouldnt have done the above to it, i reflashed to modem but alas its still dead (basically it wont get past the receive light). Any info what I need to do to get it working again?

On a plus side i got my sb5101e working on 250hack_dump_telnet, sb5101.mod.10.2.by.fercsa, should i do the above to this modem?
    did you take the cable feed out of the modem when you were trying to do this? i dont c how this could have bricked your modem? unless you kept the feed in and they noticed you trying to use telnet!
    Disclaimer!
    Everyone has the right of freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without inference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. Any information i supply you is solely for Educational purposes only and i can not be held responsible for anything you do with that information!

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

nope feed was definately out although i never reset the modem after removeing the feed just proceeded with the above, also everytime i typed write it said it was an invalid command if thats any help.

Post Thanks
    Chats

This message is for anyone following my discussion, mainly Cosmo and Diablo. I made a mistake about the lights, it must be my bad memory,

I just plugged it all back in now to check, ill be exact about the problem. Firstly there is limited or no connectivity in windows.

The lights are as follows:

power: solid green
    Receive: Blinking green
    Send: Blinking green
    Online: off
    Activity: off
    Standby: blinking orange

The blinks are at 5 second intervals

I hope this helps

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by cozmo Hidden Content
    modman dame yes thats bricked what version of the fiberware did u have on your sb4200 v9f4 or not look like the fiberware is not safe aswell then so we could have a problem here

thank you for your help in this matter

Cozmo Hidden Content
    I was using it for 3 years so the last time i flashed it was so long ago i forgot what it was, it could be the following: SB4200-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.02.hex.bin because thats the only one i still have but im not 100%. All i know for certain is it was fibreware with the black menu and green text.
    Last edited by modman; 28-10-2007 at 10:14 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

SB4200-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.02.hex.bin is a sigma firmware how did you used to change the mac on it

Cozmo

Post Thanks
    Chats

SB4200-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.02.hex.bin is a sigma firmware how did you used to change the mac on it

Cozmo
    I used to telnet 192.168.100.1 then type factdef

In the guide i used labelled 'a quick guide for the 4200e' i had to install SB4200-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.02.hex.bin initially than install SB4200E-0.4.4.6-SCM00-shell.hex.bin
    Last edited by modman; 28-10-2007 at 10:57 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thats sigma firmware m8 SB4200-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.02 100% sigma thats why you got it bricked

Thank you for all your help

Cozmo
    Last edited by cozmo; 29-10-2007 at 12:39 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thats sigma firmware m8 SB4200-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.02 100% sigma thats why you got it bricked

Thank you for all you helps

Cozmo
    The one i installed was:

SB4200E-0.4.4.6-SCM00-shell.hex.bin

What is that, still sigma?

Post Thanks
    Chats

SCM is sigma

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by modman Hidden Content
    The one i installed was:
    SB4200E-0.4.4.6-SCM00-shell.hex.bin
    What is that, still sigma?

The SCM00 gives a little clue dont you think.!!! I think that you have just wasted alot of peoples time and effort and you have given out false information. Next time before you try and give info make sure that it is correct. Cozmo and I and diablo13 are all good friends and i said that it didnt add up what you put.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by tinkertiler Hidden Content
    The SCM00 gives a little clue dont you think.!!! I think that you have just wasted alot of peoples time and effort and you have given out false information. Next time before you try and give info make sure that it is correct. Cozmo and I and diablo13 are all good friends and i said that it didnt add up what you put.
    Sorry do you think i did this on purpose. The f/w i had was fibreware whatever you say, i know for sure, but theres no need to be so rude, what i wasted 15 minutes of your time, its not like you got anything important to do otherwise you wouldt be on here in the 1st place, they may be your friends but clearly they have more manners than you. Have a good day

Also tell me what 'effort' did alot of people go through

Post Thanks
    Chats

@ modman,
    I wouldn't have put it anything like my young hot headed friend tinkertiler but there are a few of us looking at tech forums and whatever we can find about this in order to safeguard our modems going down. We then pass on anything useful we can find in order to help everyone else on here. What you see in the posts is just that, the posts,you don't see the hours sometimes of work and searching we have all put in since this problem arose. We are trying to protect our own best interests obviously, but we want to help all of you stop losing your connection if we can. When you first posted you you said your modem went down and that you used the fiberware software, thats why I asked you if it was on when yours was bricked?
    When you got back and said it was bricked while you had Fiberware on it we all thought ****e we haven't solved it and started looking again for a solution. From your and my conversations with Cozmo it turns out you don't have Fibreware on it at all but an old sigma firmware and we already knew they could be taken down.
    Thats why tinkertiler was so angry because to the best of our knowledge no modem has been bricked if it has the latest Fibreware on it and members can feel safer. With you saying different people were still worrying about a solution.
    All he was really saying is please check your facts before you post as this issue is important to a lot of us.
    We all make mistakes about things, but as far as important posts goes, yours was a doozy.Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by modman Hidden Content
    Sorry do you think i did this on purpose. The f/w i had was fibreware whatever you say, i know for sure, but theres no need to be so rude, what i wasted 15 minutes of your time, its not like you got anything important to do otherwise you wouldt be on here in the 1st place, they may be your friends but clearly they have more manners than you. Have a good day

Also tell me what 'effort' did alot of people go through

NO SORRY Your wrong the SB4200E-0.4.4.6-SCM00-shell.hex.bin is sigma firmware if you had the FIBERWARE firmware on it then you would have flashed with the Hidden Content all Fiberware firmwares i have ever seen have FIBERWARE in the file name so both of the firmware files you have told me you flashed on there have been sigam firmware and not fiberware firmwares and as i said before THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE GOT IT BRICKED

hope that clears it up

SO AS FAR AS WE KNOW THE LATEST FIBERWARE FIRMWARE HAS NOT BEEN BRICKED YET ON A SB4200x AND SB4100x !!!!

Cozmo Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

my mates got a sb4100i with hackware (hack page added) still working great no probs so far

Post Thanks
    Chats

I would be eternally grateful if someone could point me to a full memory dump for a 5100 e/i I don't know. \it's for a friend who got bricked.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Cozmo
    I used UIU_Tools to change my mac with SB4200-0.4.9.6-SCM02-NOSH (telewest firmware) on it.
    D I S C L A I M E R; My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical, out of general curiosity, for educational purposes or testing only. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. The user Timoweb is not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thanks mate works a treat, thought it would.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast