Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Change your password....

@Diablo13,

Go to the following web page **w.hilgraeve.com/htpe/download.html
    and download that. It works on Vista. It is hyperterminal Private Edition by Hilgraeve, who wrote it for M$ in the first place. It is free to install on a personal PC but not a corporate PC.

I tried this last night with my SB5100 and although it connected it was not allowing me to communicate to the modem, all it kept trying to do was communicate at different frequencies. Scolling all the attempts down the screen.

If you are running a SB on the Sigma software, is the only way of communicating with the modem using the IP address default???

Any help or updates on this would be really handy at the moment.
    Please , as anyone has any more info post it here as there are a lot of peeps out there that are worried of losing their connections.

Cheers,
    NMC.
    Hidden Content Reality is a state of mind caused by the lack of alcohol Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

some time yesterday my sb5101e went down limited or no connection (bricked), couldnt get online i had an image i made a while back of a working hacked sb5101e so i flashed it to the bricked sb5101e and change the mac and also change the user name and p/w via the 250 configurator and prestoHidden Content it works but im not to sure if i change the right p/w could some1 help.. when i logon to 192.168.100.1 i use these p/w still Infinite and SetValue but my telenet p/w is now one i made i donno how to change the 192.168.100.1 login deatls.. do i need to.. thanks in advamce. If any1 wants the image im talking about i will send u it.Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by tigersbay Hidden Content
    some time yesterday my sb5101e went down limited or no connection (bricked), couldnt get online i had an image i made a while back of a working hacked sb5101e so i flashed it to the bricked sb5101e and change the mac and also change the user name and p/w via the 250 configurator and prestoHidden Content it works but im not to sure if i change the right p/w could some1 help.. when i logon to 192.168.100.1 i use these p/w still Infinite and SetValue but my telenet p/w is now one i made i donno how to change the 192.168.100.1 login deatls.. do i need to.. thanks in advamce. If any1 wants the image im talking about i will send u it.Hidden Content
    i have the same box witch was hit yesterday sb5101e all i get is one light going on and off gutted. could you help me out hear mate with your image for the box kind regards youngie

Post Thanks
    Chats

thank you mate nice one

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by tigersbay Hidden Content
    all i done was used a BlackCat Jtag lead with Blackcat_TCNiSO_Build128 (SchwarzeKatze) went to the flash tab clicked flash all used my sb5101e hacked full flash.bin file and unticked verifey written data and it took about 20 mins u need to change the frequency mac and config and stuff but sure u no how to do that
    worked a treat mate thank you very much

Post Thanks
    Chats

Wink Re: Change your password....

anyone know of a cure for the 250 ?? or is there no bringing it back from the dead : RIP

Post Thanks
    Chats

I have a sb4200 and sb4100 and been looking into This for a few days now and i think IMO that if you use the Fiberware firmware on these modems then you have i higher chance of not being bricked as it looks like the firmware needs to be unlocked before it will let you flash the firmware again ie. flag /00-
    Allows firmware Updates (by default all updates are disabled)
    ex.:
    so surely if all updates a disabled by default then VM shouldnt be able to brick your modem with this firmware on and to feel safer you can stealth the firmware aswell
    ie.
    flag /01-
    (Stealth mode)
    ex.:
    - Hidden Content
    - To restore defaults : reboot the cablemodem

Cozmo
    Last edited by cozmo; 26-10-2007 at 11:54 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

the only fix for a bricked 250 modem is to lift the chip and program it externally there is a tut for a tsop fix on the net but its a load of rubbish

Post Thanks
    Chats

If i reflash my bricked 4200e using a blackcat how do i prevent it from being bricked again i used fiberware before, thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by modman Hidden Content
    If i reflash my bricked 4200e using a blackcat how do i prevent it from being bricked again i used fiberware before, thanks
    Are you saying that your 4200E was bricked WHILE you were using Fibreware? Cosmo has just installed Fibreware for me on my 4200 as it seems a safer bet because once it's on the firmware is locked to prevent upgrades by anyone, but we cant be sure it is the complete solution?

Post Thanks
    Chats

u would think vm couldnt brick the sb's as its not there property like microsoft carnt send a bug out to all the cracked windows as it mite affect the computer ?

but anyways had 1 250 down and 1 255 both bricked anyway of bringing them back from the dead yet ?
    Warning!!
    Don't buy a dwarf with learning difficulties.
    It's not big and it's not clever.

Post Thanks
    Chats

in short yes, you still need to flash the chip with a working dump.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by stickywicket Hidden Content
    in short yes, you still need to flash the chip with a working dump.
    why is loads of people saing it want work. have i got this write if i hit the - and + with a pc batrie it should reset the whole modem then it need to flashed once again. is this true or false. if so where would i get the files from to do this.kind regards youngie

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by BakkiPoucH Hidden Content
    u would think vm couldnt brick the sb's as its not there property like microsoft carnt send a bug out to all the cracked windows as it mite affect the computer ?
    I think thats a "gray" area. I was talking about this to Cosmo earlier on tonight. In theory no they shouldn't be legally allowed to. However if they think a modem was being used to steal their services, then I would think that gave them a legitimate reason. Maybe they can update the firmware on the registered legit modems and then send the blocking signal down the line to the ones which have not received the update? If a legit customers modem goes down they just replace it as a service.
    Microsoft have included illegal spyware in their software for years because when it eventually comes to court and they are found guilty, they just pay a few million dollars fine, which is chicken feed to them. In the meantime they are quids in and the software is already installed!
    I know it's not quite the same, but we all know if you have enough money you can get away with just about anything.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Diablo13 Hidden Content
    Are you saying that your 4200E was bricked WHILE you were using Fibreware? Cosmo has just installed Fibreware for me on my 4200 as it seems a safer bet because once it's on the firmware is locked to prevent upgrades by anyone, but we cant be sure it is the complete solution?
    Yep, bricked whilst on fiberware, Now one blinking light and thats all. It lasted long so its kind of a shock
    Last edited by modman; 28-10-2007 at 05:20 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

@ Modman
    In that case it would appear that we are not safe, even with the extra protection awarded by Fibreware. I would still say its safer, and incidentally my net access speed seems to have increased since installing it, but it seems confirmed that it is not a full solution. Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Diablo, as i said earlier in the thread vm cut the service in my area while they bricked my modem so maybe they had to cut all the service to brick the fiberwares cos the extra protection.

Also my sb4200 was much faster than my subbed 250 even tho they were both 20mbps, strange huh?
    Last edited by modman; 28-10-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Post Thanks
    Chats

So all may not be lost then.
    I have no idea why the SB should be faster than the 250, unless it's not down to bandwidth but build quality? When I said earlier that mine seems faster obviously I didn't mean it changed 20mb broadband speed. It just seems to respond and access and load all sites quicker.

Post Thanks
    Chats

When i say fast i meant when downloading and speed testing, the 4200 was stable but the speed of the 250 fluctuates much more often. Im starting to miss it.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Modman im not so sure that its been bricked by your network as i have had 3 sb4200 get bricked now and all of them do the same the first 3 light come on and flash all the time and the last one and the orange one don't come on at all so it sounds more like a fualt with the modem to me and not that its bricked the ones i had were on the sigma firmware but it wouldn't change the way the modem responds when its bricked. so yours Should be the same as these here and it only has one flashing light at top and we haven't heard of another fiberware modem get bricked anywhere yet.

Cozmo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast