Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dead Box

Post Thanks
    Chats

Dead Box

I have recently bought a fauly box hoping that it would just need to be reflashed. Unfortunately this was not the case. The LCD dispay shows a dim sign that it is getting some voltage but the system does not boot. I have attached a laptop and tried IFA but I dont even get a bootlog. The network however shows some sign of life. I have looked at the FAQ and checked the internal fuse FS01 and all is OK. Has any one got any ideas as what internal components could be faulty.

Regards

Mark

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Dead Box

Hidden Content Originally Posted by markboy67 Hidden Content
    I have recently bought a fauly box hoping that it would just need to be reflashed. Unfortunately this was not the case. The LCD dispay shows a dim sign that it is getting some voltage but the system does not boot. I have attached a laptop and tried IFA but I dont even get a bootlog. The network however shows some sign of life. I have looked at the FAQ and checked the internal fuse FS01 and all is OK. Has any one got any ideas as what internal components could be faulty.
    Regards
    Mark

see if you can get a refund!

if it was a good seller then they will exchange it for you no problems

Post Thanks
    Chats

Always very dodgy buying a box that wont even boot. Hope you get to the bottom of the problem mate but I wouldnt take the chance with a dodgy box

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by markboy67 Hidden Content
    Regards
    Mark
    Hi Mark
    Have you tried connecting a scart lead up to a tv and waitng a while (dboxes take quite a while to boot up) to see if anything appears after switching on,? also does the remote control bring on a tempory red led on in the dbox display window when switching on? Sometimes the lcd displays can be so bad that you can't see all going on at boot up.
    jbvid

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thumbs down Re: Dead Box

Thanks for the comments so far but I have spent the afternoon with a packet tracer and IFA. There is no bootp comming from the box and hence no bootlog. An expensive lesson learnt.

Regards

Mark

Post Thanks
    Chats

@markboy76
    Best to put it back on the popular auction site as faulty, they seem to fetch good money as not working.
    jbvid

Post Thanks
    Chats

Very tempting to put it back on the well known auction site but I would hate for another newbie to have to waste a day trying everything he could think of and trawling through this site trying to find an answer. It looks like it will have to join the resting place of redundant equipment i.e the shed.

Regards

Mark