Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: vlc player

Mick it has taken me all of 10 seconds using the search function of the site to find the answer to your question.
    Whilst i appreciate that as a newbie it may be a bit unfamiliar in here there is a button at the top of the page marked "search" By typing in the subject you need answers for it will display all threads that pertain to this subject.
    We operate on a help yourself principle here. Do a bit of work and you will feel all the better for it when you solve your problem.
    Last edited by kryten77; 25-03-2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: I cant spell...What more can I say
    Hidden Content

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and give them a slap.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Wierd Networking Problem

hi all,
    Just wondering if someone could help me with a little problem i have, basically i use a laptop to stream to and from my d-box2. Now on my old battered vaio it works ok. However the vaio is now getting a little old and tatty so i want to use my other laptop with the d-box2.But even if i set the network ip etc... to the same as the first laptop i cannot get vlc to stream or anything to record. I can ping to the box and even use web control but nothing else works. I have checked my network card etc... all to no avail.
    The laptop o want to use is IBM thinkpad T23.

Any help would be gratefully recieved

Regards
    Neogen

Legend for now
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Wierd Networking Problem

Have you downloaded the latest version of VLC? Hidden Content
    Make sure you install the ActiveX plugin when you go through the installation steps.
    Take a peek at my Frequently Asked DBOX2 questions:
    Hidden Content

NEW! Want to become a next-generation DBOX2 image developer? PM me

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Speedy2206 Hidden Content
    Have you downloaded the latest version of VLC? Hidden Content
    Make sure you install the ActiveX plugin when you go through the installation steps.
    Ill try that thanks mate. I also cannot record either Hidden Content
    its very puzzling Hidden Content

Neogen

Post Thanks
    Chats

I have done that mate. Still no luck. I am beginning to think it is a problem with the network. Thing is that i have no idea where to start Hidden Content
    Like i say i can ping the box. FTP to it and use ybox. Just cannot stream videos or record. Most bizarre. Thinking of selling the laptop Hidden Content
    My old battered vaio works LOL

Regards

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: vlc player

if its a new image you need new vlc. the scripting in vlc has changed so it runs without hacking it. but this will onlywork on the newest images.

as for how to set it up there is a helpfile in my sig made to help you on every aspect of dbox2 thanks to pt-1.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Streaming problems - No end in sight! Assistance grateful

Hi,

Sagem box
    Commando 7.5 image

I have tried many programs (neutrino TV, yWeb interface, VLC Rape etc) and have also tried installing/re-installing all the supported streaming versions pluginf from VLC player 8.5.x etc.. Even tried another PC on my network witha fresh XP/vlc install and that produces the same cone in the streaming software!

I did try reflashing my box again but TBH it has never worked correctly even with sportster images etc.

Any ideas? I would reaqlly like to be able to watch TV on my PC monitor.

Thanks.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: All Video playback/Streaming discussions here

Hidden Content
    Read this. Follow it to the letter and it will work mate.
    I have no problems using a Sagem Box, Commando 7.5 and used this to get VLC working with it.
    Hidden Content

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and give them a slap.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Streaming Dbox2 to laptop

I am trying to watch live TV through my laptop. I have read the various posts and pt-1s FAQ files but I am stuck. The help files (I think) are based on older images, I have the commando 8 image on my box and I may be missing something stupidly obvious, heres what I done:
    The image (dbox2) ip is 192.168.150.5
    so I set my laptop ip address to 192.168.150.4
    I installed vlc ver 0.8.5 and checked box 'activeX plugin'
    Opened internet explorer and typed in ip of the dbox2 (connected through crossover cable) and it brought up the yweb facility.
    I then clicked on 'live tv' icon and I got a picture box with the vlc cone. Also when I did this the dbox picture on the telly started chopping and hissing.

I know I am definitely missing something
    Do I have to alter any settings in the Dbox menu?
    Do I need to change the dbox ip?
    I read in some posts that 'http should be enabled' yet theres no specifically named setting like this in the dbox->settings menu?
    Any suggestions, please advise
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Streaming Dbox2 to laptop

Change to ucode0014 and try changing spts mode to on or off.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

I have tried that still the same
    Do I have to switch on the 'streamingserver' settings in the Movieplayer, I thought I do that If I want to playback a movie file from the pc

Post Thanks
    Chats

wheres spts mode?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by s0000 Hidden Content
    wheres spts mode?
    Dbox,settings,misc settings or dbox,settings,driver boot options.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Have you tried using something like WinGrabTV, if you get the alpha version this supports EPG.
    Also try using XLiveGrabber, there are few other out there these are the two I like.
    If you really want to use Yweb I can advise you try the following:
    - Install another image.
    - Try using Firefox, VLC plug-in is supported.
    - If using wireless try pluging directly into router/switch.
    Hope this helps

Post Thanks
    Chats

Which other image is best for yweb?
    I tried with firefox and get 'no video' message only
    is there any setting to configure in vlc player? I have upgraded to 0.8.6c still the same.
    Also dbox is connected via crossover to laptop
    also are there any tuts on how to configure with wingrabtv?

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks
    Chats

Moved thread to correct area , please read the stickies before opening a new thread,

thank you

ME
    This Thread will help you understand the way this forum works Hidden Content
    This link will tell you all you need to know Hidden Content
    And if your still stuck use this link The following will answer all your questions Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

Apologies for posting at wrong place
    From the replies I am getting somewhere now.
    I managed to get some streaming after some persistence using Yweb and vlc player, I got a picture but there was no sound. Also 'channel not found' error message came up on the telly when streaming. Only way to get the box back on the telly back was to reboot. Theres some interference to the telly when the 'live tv' icon is clicked in Yweb for streaming, anyone come up with this problem?

Post Thanks
    Chats

Wink Re: VLC limitations in need of HELP

Hidden Content Originally Posted by cdh555 Hidden Content
    Yes VLC can stream any downloaded avi's to the tv via your dbox.
    To get it working 0.7.2 is very old.
    Read my guide available here and follow it carefully and if you do it should work for you.
    Hidden Content
    I tried the link but it redirects back to the forum main page....
    I have following pt-1's guide to set up the vlc to dbox also using dboxserver & I can access the files on my laptop even start to view them.............yep thats right here comes the but..........
    BUT the start on the avi takes a long time (30secs)to buffer then plays but stutters a heck of a lot, and also the buffering notification comes back on & the whole lot eventually freezes....

The avi files (700Mb)are stored on an old laptop (600mhz celron, 128Mb RAM W2K SP4a with 2Gb free space) and are streaming to Nokia 2x with Blade-Trinity running via a hard wired network.

Can anyone be so good as to offer any advise on this problem I tried changing the network card to 10base half duplex but it on has 10x , 10t full duplex + the same in 100....

Thanks in advance....

......Editted...
    Oops I is a wally just realised this thread had two pages but I have to to work again...So if the answer is on the upto date page i apologise...
    Yours
    A Wally
    Last edited by didsss; 29-10-2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Found there was two pages to this thread...

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: VLC limitations in need of HELP

Hidden Content Originally Posted by didsss Hidden Content
    I have following pt-1's guide to set up the vlc to dbox also using dboxserver & I can access the files on my laptop even start to view them.............yep thats right here comes the but..........
    BUT the start on the avi takes a long time (30secs)to buffer then plays but stutters a heck of a lot, and also the buffering notification comes back on & the whole lot eventually freezes....
    The avi files (700Mb)are stored on an old laptop (600mhz celron, 128Mb RAM W2K SP4a with 2Gb free space) and are streaming to Nokia 2x with Blade-Trinity running via a hard wired network.
    Can anyone be so good as to offer any advise on this problem I tried changing the network card to 10base half duplex but it on has 10x , 10t full duplex + the same in 100....
    Thanks in advance....
    Try 10x see if that helps.
    D I S C LA I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: VLC limitations in need of HELP

Hidden Content Originally Posted by didsss Hidden Content

Thanks in advance....

......Editted...
    Oops I is a wally just realised this thread had two pages but I have to to work again...So if the answer is on the upto date page i apologise...
    Yours
    A Wally
    The PC's is maybe just not up to spec... Is it a normal XP Installation ?
    Try downloading the latest TinyXP as it is not as recource hungry

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast