Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 151718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: Channel not available and freezing

What is the SNR reading
    Also post a boot log click my signature and
    look under hardware for bootlog.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.
    I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

The SNR is over 60000 if I remember correctly. I'll post a bootlog when I get home. Thanks.

Post Thanks
    Chats

To anyone with a Sagem 2x:
    I have tried as many images as I can lay my hands on - SPortster, Dons, Lincsat, Commando etc and nearly all suffered from freezing. I have now removed the cable from the modem (I can't remove it - one of the screws has no thread - just solder) and am using the Sportster 1.74 UK05 image. I know its fairly old but its the most stable one I've used. Occasional skips but no freezing and no need for reboots so far. Using Ucode 001A and Evocam.

Post Thanks
    Chats

im running c6 on a sagem 2x, occasional freezing, but nothing a channel up and channel down doesnt fix, only ever had to reset twice.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Mastatumrulz can you give more details as to what image you are using?
    Thanks

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Millie Hidden Content
    Mastatumrulz can you give more details as to what image you are using?
    Thanks
    commando 6, but im not the one that asked for help Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats

easiest thing to do is flash the commando 6 image on the box.

once youve done that and the box has reloaded, press the blue button on your remote

select netid location and select the area you live in.

make sure that you selct the right one, in the sense your network provide eg. tw ntl c&w

then do a service scan and select either 6887(ntl)
    , 6952(tw) or cable bruteforce(all) again depending on your network provider.

when you do this the service scan will only find around 30 transponders however dont worry. it will only search the transponder frequencies in your area rather than finding 300 of which 270 will be blank..........

any questions please send me a message as i am available to help 24/7

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by bighus Hidden Content
    any questions please send me a message as i am available to help 24/7
    That defeats the object of the forum.
    Members post there problems/issue's on the forum then if anyone else has the same problem
    they can find the solution by using the search.
    D I S C LA I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader.

Post Thanks
    Chats

@ sidneysides , im using tx uk image on sagem 2x with signal booster ,,, very little probs ...

Post Thanks
    Chats

I've just picked up a DBox2 listed as faulty on ebay and almost managed to get it working ok. Not too worried if I can't get it working perfectly as I got it really cheap, wanted to experiment, and also wanted the display as a replacement for a working box (that had a 'stripey' display).

It is a Sagem 1x box, no channels at all when I connected the normal feed. When I use the booster I get most of the channels, but some are a bit "juddery". I've installed Commando 7.5 on it. My other two boxes work fine without the booster (same services.xml and bouquets.xml on all three boxes).

The BER is very high, 248000, SNR seems normal, 56000, no reading for SIG (it is a Sagem 1x box).

The bootlog is attached. It was done without a feed connected to the box. I can get another bootlog with the feed connected if needed.

Can any of the experts see anything obviously wrong in the bootlog? My next plan if nothing seems wrong is to get the soldering iron out and have a go at the tuner and see if all the voltages are correct (I have read the FAQ).

If I cannot solve the 'juddery' picture, I will at least have a very cheap network media player.

Many thanks in advance,

Tony.
    Last edited by tonybod; 08-03-2007 at 10:09 AM. Reason: additional information

Post Thanks
    Chats

The reason the channels are juddery or not available is because the SNR
    is only 56000 to get all channels it needs to be around 61000.
    Plug the feed straight from the wall to the box without any splitters see
    if it improves if it dont try it with the booster aswell.
    D I S C LA I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by fergalsworld Hidden Content
    The reason the channels are juddery or not available is because the SNR
    is only 56000 to get all channels it needs to be around 61000.
    Plug the feed straight from the wall to the box without any splitters see
    if it improves if it dont try it with the booster aswell.
    Thanks Fergal, those readings were from when the box was directly connected to the feed (with the booster).

I find it strange that 3 different boxes (all Sagem) all report different BER, SNR etc.

Tony.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by tonybod Hidden Content
    Thanks Fergal, those readings were from when the box was directly connected to the feed (with the booster).
    I find it strange that 3 different boxes (all Sagem) all report different BER, SNR etc.
    Tony.
    The tuner in each box will react differently as components become weak or fail just like 3 pc's are different.
    You could try one of these baby's with it.
    Hidden Content
    D I S C LA I M E R

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by fergalsworld Hidden Content
    The tuner in each box will react differently as components become weak or fail just like 3 pc's are different.
    You could try one of these baby's with it.
    Hidden Content
    Thanks again. I think I will get the soldering iron and multimeter out first and have a look. The signal from the TV out on the DBox is also degraded, maybe there is something obvious inside the little silver box.

Tony.

Post Thanks
    Chats

My Sagem Dbox - freezing, tweeting etc - my story so far

The problems seem to occur consistently with any image I use. I did champion the new Sportster image, but that has gone the same way as the others now. I have disconnected the modem as some have suggested but that hasn;t done any good.

I think it's a key/rom/cam problem because generally as a rule the FTA channels are OK. BUT...

I've transferres the 'magic files' (roms) and chmod to 755 - no difference.

Evocam - freezes after about 20 seconds
    MgCam - Generally the most stable, but scrambled channels go blank after a while (the audio is still there) - if I change channel up and then back down again it is OK. It does eventually though go the same way as the others - blank screen and tweeting jumpy screechy sound.
    NewCam - A little better tahn Evocam, but get the jumpy sound no picture after a while.

I've experimented with different settings, tried differnt Ucodes, tried EVERY image I can find (Sportster 1.7UK05 seems to be the most stable), but every time I think I've cracked it, I come home from work to find the channel has messed up during the day.

Has ANYONE got a suggestion that may help? I think it must be either:
    1) My Dbox (although this seems to be a common problem with many Nokias as well as Sagems)
    2) SOmething with the roms and keys or a setting that I have to change
    3) Something with the cams

Help! Please!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Thumbs up Re: My Sagem Dbox - freezing, tweeting etc - my story so far

Pst SIG BER and SNR first mate sounds to me like a signal prob may need a booster ..Press red then blue on re mote to see this Hope this helps Paul

Post Thanks
    Chats

Re: My Sagem Dbox - freezing, tweeting etc - my story so far

SId BER etc are all fine - I have a booster already. I've pretty much ruled out the signal as the problem is only really with scrambled channels

Post Thanks
    Chats

Hidden Content Originally Posted by sidneysides Hidden Content
    The problems seem to occur consistently with any image I use. I did champion the new Sportster image, but that has gone the same way as the others now. I have disconnected the modem as some have suggested but that hasn;t done any good.

I think it's a key/rom/cam problem because generally as a rule the FTA channels are OK. BUT...

I've transferres the 'magic files' (roms) and chmod to 755 - no difference.

Evocam - freezes after about 20 seconds
    MgCam - Generally the most stable, but scrambled channels go blank after a while (the audio is still there) - if I change channel up and then back down again it is OK. It does eventually though go the same way as the others - blank screen and tweeting jumpy screechy sound.
    NewCam - A little better tahn Evocam, but get the jumpy sound no picture after a while.

I've experimented with different settings, tried differnt Ucodes, tried EVERY image I can find (Sportster 1.7UK05 seems to be the most stable), but every time I think I've cracked it, I come home from work to find the channel has messed up during the day.

Has ANYONE got a suggestion that may help? I think it must be either:
    1) My Dbox (although this seems to be a common problem with many Nokias as well as Sagems)
    2) SOmething with the roms and keys or a setting that I have to change
    3) Something with the cams

Help! Please!
    Are you using the modded sportster 1.10 from this site?
    If not try that. 1.7 is very old with olders cams. Try the Commando 7.5 or Sport 1.10 in the downloads section and keys (unrared magic key) to /var/keys folder and try that.
    D I S C L A I M E R; My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical, out of general curiosity, for educational purposes or testing only. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. The user Timoweb is not responsible for what you do with it!

Post Thanks
    Chats

Tried both of those images before - still get the same problems.

Post Thanks
    Chats

Post Re: Channel not available and freezing

Hi there,
    I've recently hooked up a Sagem2x box to a split from my cable modem. At first everything seemed ok but fairly quickly the picture started jumping and I am getting interference (FTA channels are fine however).
    I am currently using Commando 6, mgcam and 0014. I have tried changing the cams and ucodes as suggested by a lot of people in other messages but with no difference in reception. I haven't tried a different image as yet because as far as I know Commando is quite good.
    The BER is fluctuating quite wildy between 0 and as high as 300. SNR between 61000 and 63000 while SIG is always 0 (although I read in another thread that is normal for Sagem).
    I have tried taking the modem and splitter out of the loop but there is still the same effect. I apologise if this is a total newbie question but I have looked around the forums and not found a solution yet. Feel free to tell me to keep looking though! Hidden Content If anyone could help me though it would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks.

Ps. Sorry, meant to add that I have changed the NetID, Frequency and Symbol rate to match that of my location.
    Last edited by jreynolds; 15-03-2007 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Additional Info