Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: IP cameras

Post Thanks
    Chats

IP cameras

Hi people,can anybody recommend good software I can use to view my 2 cameras.I have 2 FDT Outdoor PTZ (4x Optical Zoom) HD 1080p WiFi IP Camera (2.0 Megapixel), IP65 Weatherproof, Wireless Security Camera FD8903W-SD32 (White).I have used the FDT software HiP2P for pc and FTD view for iPhone since I got them.I would say over the last 8 months I’ve had problems with them rebooting randomly and going out of focus.I recently retired and I decided instead of recording just over night to my pc,I decided to record 24/7 to a HD’s in my pc.Lately there’s been a few strange things happening.A thing I found very strange and also never heard of before.I have a an iPhone 10 and anytime I do a reset by pressing vol up vol down then hold in the power button till I see Apple logo,that resets it.But here’s the strange thing,when the screen goes black and before the Apple logo appears I got a bright flash on the screen.After the logo the phone started ok. My pc with windows 10 and antivirus etc had a periodic flash as well.But it went belly up last week and wouldn’t start.I had to reinstall windows from Microsoft’s website and eventually got going again but still had all the above faults.Last Saturday night my eBay account was hijacked and I couldn’t access it.Tried to contact eBay but couldn’t as you had to be logged in.I made that many failed attempts that eBay locked the account.I phoned Sunday morning and got it sorted out and fortunately no damage done.Enough is enough,I deleted the FDT view app,done a backup and reset my iPhone back to factory settings then restored it.I spent the next day changing every password on every site I use.But here’s the thing “no flashing” when resetting iPhone.Both my cameras are hard wired and wireless switched off so I decided to reinstall FDT view in iPhone.Cameras worked great.Out if curiosity I reset my iPhone and the blatant flash was back.I deleted app again and done backup then restored again.I also stopped the software in pc,booted my pc into safe mode and done various local and online scans but nothing was found.While in safe mode I uninstalled the HiP2P software and switched off both cameras,then restarted my pc and touch wood all is good.I have reset my phone 3 times randomly and no flashing.On searching online I read that the flash is a sign you’re cameras have been hacked and used as a back door to my pc.The other thing is I never use my pc for any online business,eBay banking etc.They are all done via iPhone.

Post Thanks
    Chats
    Follow up.
    I have disconnected my cameras from power and Ethernet. Aprox 1 1/2 hours ago I had 22 severe attacks on my pc while I watched in less than 30 seconds.Fortunatly my antivirus kept them out.
    Hidden Content
    It says the IP address is 192.168.1.22
    That’s my Samsung smart tv which was connected to internet via a netgear switch,the same one my camera was connected to.I ran housecall(internet based scanner) it the camera is still on,absolutely bizarre.

Post Thanks
    Chats
    All sorted now.VM said my hub2 was causing all my problems.They upgraded me to a hub3 and increased my speed from 200mb up to 350mb and took £20 off my monthly bill.Nothing to do with them being told 3 years ago that the hub2 was very easy compromised ,nothing to do with them being hacked very recently and finally nothing to do with an ongoing court case which they reckon could cost them about £4.5 billion in claims.Still I’m sorted.(touch wood)

4. Thanks thelostone, berley thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    fingers crossed its all sorted mate

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

6. Thanks billy149uk thanked for this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    fingers crossed its all sorted mate
    I hope so mate.The best thing about it is you can claim them but you need the original email the sent.Unfortunatly I deleted mine when I got it a few months back.The lawyer whose handling all the cases reckons everyone will get £5,000 for all the grief,i should get £25,000 for all the fn crap I've had over the last 2 weeks in particular.

8. Likes thelostone liked this post