Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks
    Chats

attention Beware 'HMRC' phone scams – calls telling me i owe the taxman £1,000s for fraud.

Hi all

Please beware of 'HMRC' phone scams i had a couple of calls telling me i owe the taxman £1,000s for fraud over the weekend and i was going to get locked up.

The two numbers i had last friday and saturday just gone were 020 7200 7390 and 020 4200 8689 telling me that they are dispatching police officers to arrest me within minutes if i hanged up on them and did not press 1 to be put through to a representative.....both times i put the phone down on them.

I did look these numbers up on who's numbers are these but they don't come back to anyone....this as had we worrying a bit over the weekend as i know that i have a tax bill to pay in January and thought i had the date wrong and missed paying it.

Anyway i'v find out that this scam is not new and is widespread over the UK and people paying loads of money out to these scumbags thinking they were going to get locked up.

Just thought i would let you guys know about this scam.... and i'v been told since that HMRC would not ring unless you had been notified by post first.

Regards
    Gazer
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

2. Likes billy149uk liked this post
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    I was similar gazer.I got a call from a lady called Nana on my iPhone,it showed a German phone number.She said she had information for me.I hung up.Within seconds the same person called me again saying she had information for me.This time it was a Plymouth number,again I hung up.Seconds later she phoned again from a mobile number saying please I have information for you.I said to her if you are legit and you have something for me why do you keep changing your phone number,she hung up and never phoned again.

4. Thanks Gazer thanked for this post
    Retired Grumpy Grandad notanotherone's Avatar
    Post Thanks
    Chats
    Hidden Content i kept them going for about an hour ,i asked the guy who rang me if i could come to the tax office and pay it off Hidden Content he told me that the police would come and also if i didnt give them my details i would be in prison,in the end i told him i was a police officer and we were coming to get him and his cronnies i only kept talking so we could a fix on his location Hidden Content
    wii #5344 2071 8397 4304
    Hidden Content
    Trust me the devil allways wins ,no matter how hard we resist

6. Likes billy149uk, Gazer, thelostone liked this post