Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks
    Chats

Blackpool FC sues fan over internet forum posts

A BLACKPOOL FC supporter is being sued by the club amid claims he allegedly posted defamatory information about the team?s owners on an internet forum.

David Ragozzino, a lifelong fan of The Seasiders, is reportedly being sued for up to ?150,000 by the club and directors Karl and Owen Oyston.

But Mr Ragozzino, 32, has vowed to fight the case in front of as many as 100 people who he has said will travel to Manchester for the court hearing later this week.

And he told the Blackpool Gazette that he is ?hoping? that the hearing ends in his favour.

He added: ?It could go either way. You never know.

?By the time they have finished, I will have ruined every chance they have got of making up with the fans.

?They are just trying to silence the fans again and I just want them to leave me alone.?

Mr Ragozzino is hopeful that between 80 and 100 people will travel to support him in his court battle.

He was served with papers in December last year, detailing claims lodged with the court that named the Oyston brothers as claimants, as well as Blackpool FC Ltd.

Each claimant is suing Mr Ragozzino for an undisclosed amount, limited to ?50,000.

The claims relate to remarks allegedly made by Mr Ragozzino on a supporters forum, believed to be the A View From The Tower online messageboard, using the screen name The_Run_Up_The_Hill.

Some of the comments reportedly made refer to Owen Oyston?s rape conviction in 1996.

The hearing is due to take place at Manchester High Court on Thursday, but it is not known if the Oystons will be present. The hearing is likely to last for around 20 minutes.

At the weekend, Blackpool settle another case out of court, involving a fan accused of making defamatory comments.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

All I can say is the best of luck to you Rago and hope you win after Oyston?s stunt with the number plate on his car OY51 OUT last saturday Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal!
    All the files available on this forum are kept for experimental and educational purpose only!

Hidden Content

Post Thanks
    Chats
    SO the fans are getting restless imo they have every right to be If forest sued some one every time they said something bad about them just lately we would all be off to the court Hidden Content .Still ?150,000 will pay your players for another year Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    wods trivia challenge - Daily Trivia Game

For all your fish keeping needs
    I am glad we could help you with your problem if you need anymore advice just ask,
    Also if you would like to help with the running costs of the site you can always donate here
    Thanks in advance its very much appreciated:)

3. Likes Gazer liked this post